Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Yeah not my first pics, least its not another Shoto.

Urien
    Q
    Elena from 3S please

Rolento
    Karin
    and not Charlie from Alpha please.

Or possibly a patch to remove Guile.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Charlie from Alpha please.

And a patch to make psycho crusher whiff on Guile.

In case you didn't know, here's Charlie sporting some fetching roller skates... and a gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,980 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Yang is pretty much Fei-Long with a dive kick, so I'd rather someone else.

Yun would be good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Yang is pretty much Fei-Long except good, and cool
    FYP :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,980 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Fei-Long is really good in Super and he's a Bruce Lee clone which is instantly cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

So they were real, cool I like both those characters. Yun is gonna be so different to his 3s counterpart.

Im not holding my breath for any of the EX series characters, Im not joking some of my favourite characters were in the EX series, so I'm guessing Alex and Rolento. Rolento is one of Ono's favourites and as for Alex, a lot of people are ruling him out since he was in TvC but he was the main character of 3s.

Personally I'd love to see those 4 + Sodom, Q, Birdie (with his switchblade taunt) and HUGO

And Custom Combo's

GorySnake wrote:
    And Custom Combos

But then what would be the point of Juri?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    But then what would be the point of Juri?? :confused:

A2 style Custom Combo's, btw I wasnt serious, even though I would like new game with Custom Combo's in it.

Feng GAY engine just lets her chain her normals anyway, doesnt allow her to cancel her specials or do crazy juggles.

Yun and Yang 99.9999999% confirmed for arcade release.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/sep/02/yun-and-yang-debut-ssf4-test-site/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Azza wrote: »
    Yun and Yang 99.9999999% confirmed for arcade release.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/sep/02/yun-and-yang-debut-ssf4-test-site/

=(

Just a reminder people, I have Q reserved for exclusive use if he shows up. No one is allowed play him without my permission.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Just a reminder people, I have Q reserved for exclusive use if he shows up. No one is allowed play him without my permission.
    Untitled.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

In the pic that shows yang's outline and the character roster can anyone tell me whats under yang? Because the random should be under hakan but then theres something to the left of that... To me it looks like whats under yang is the random select but in that case who is to the left of it? Hope this makes sense because to me it shows that we are getting six.... Or at least 3!

I see what you mean, but I've just compared it to the select screen on my own XBox. They look the same. The Random symbol is white on black, and the yellow thing is the infinity symbol for the timer.

02_yangoutline.jpg

super-sf4-character-select.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1274807155407

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Ahh yeah now I see it... Damn I got excited thinking it was something new... Guess I'll have to wait till next week to see if anyone else gets added.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Awesome!

Azza I taught you the might of Q.

Bow to your sensei.
    BOW TO YOUR SENSEI!

*bows to Tin-sensei

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Whats the hat on the blanka troll toy all about?

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Are yun n yang getting thrown in for dlc or wha?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Bush80 wrote: »
    Whats the hat on the blanka troll toy all about?

It's supposed to mean Q I think.

It seems Ono is hinting at Poison now. From his twitter:
    Elena, Elena, Elena and Elena for SSF4 please! She is loved everywhere.

Ono: Umm, she is popular... like Poison.

And Poison, can she/he join the cast too?

Ono: Umm, she/he is busy now. :P I'll call to her/him. ;D

Less Poison more Birdie. Thats what I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Sodom needs to be put into this game. And Rolento. We need more people with weapons.

Also Ono is such a troll.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Sodom would be a cool addition. I always forget about him, but I really enjoy him as a character.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

I never cared for Sodom at all.

Although I found that "I'm Sodom, guess what I do" comic that was posted very funny. :D

Problem with Sodom/Katana is same problem as with Bison/Vega/Balrog -- more disconnect because of the different names.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Problem with Sodom/Katana is same problem as with Bison/Vega/Balrog -- more disconnect because of the different names.

Sodom's worse than the other characters as he's actually called Sodom officially in a lot of western media.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Sodom's worse than the other characters as he's actually called Sodom officially in a lot of western media.
    I love Sodom.........hey wait!

:confused:

I wouldn't mind if they officially changed his Western name to Katana if they brought him back. "Sodom" is way too open to innuendo. It's been done successfully before. Just look at Princess Toadstool, Dr. Robotnik and King Koopa.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

And while they're at it, sort out Poison's gender.
    I mean really, having a character different genders between countries? Retcon that ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

He's only called Katana in the western SNES versions of the games he's in (in fact I think it might just be the US versions, but don't quote me on that).

Speaking of quote, anyone unconvinced of Sodom's worth should look at the following:

73803544.png

73582923.png

75205418.png

Advertisement