Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)
Hi all, The AutoSave Draft feature is now disabled across the site. The decision to disable the feature was made via a poll last year. The delay in putting it in place was due to a bug/update issue. This should serve as a reminder to manually save your drafts if you wish to keep them. Thanks, The Boards Team.
Hello all! This is just a quick reminder to ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere.

Cheapest barbers in Baile Átha Cliath?

• 22-09-2009 7:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭ Rebelheart

Anybody knew where a guy would get a cheap haircut in Dublin this week?

I've a student card as well just to maximise my budget!

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭ GlasnevinRed

If you're anywhere near Harts Corner in Glasnevin there's a Haidressers/Barbers there right beside Botanic House that does haircuts for €10 (possibly €8 for students). Very good job they do too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭ Rebelheart

If you're anywhere near Harts Corner in Glasnevin there's a Haidressers/Barbers there right beside Botanic House that does haircuts for €10 (possibly €8 for students). Very good job they do too.

I'm in Phibsboro right next to the second worst Tesco in the world and a shopping centre that desperately needs to be blown up along with Ballymun. €10 is a fortune to get a few hairs chopped! I thought that place in Hart's Corner was doing a cut for €6 a year or two ago. The two guys opposite each other on Dorset Street have both raised their prices to €8, and a deeply offensive and utterly incredulous €13 the rest of the week. They used to be a famously competitive €6. So I'm still chasing that €6 deal!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭ the lil man

richies barbers navan road (screen road) they do it for 8 euro mondays to wednesdays. its not that far from you in phibsboro just about a 15 - 20 min walk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭ earlyevening

I've driven by a place near the Ha penny bridge on the North side. (Liffey St jct with the quays) The sign in the window says its something like 6 quid on a Mon to Wed or something. I cant remember the exact details but its cheap. Any good or too far?

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭ the boss of me

Place on Nth Frederick St doing it for a fiver. I'd say that's the cheapest you will get. Never been in it meself tho.
    I go to a guy on Nth Earl St. "Just Cuts" and it's €7 Mon-Fri. Decent lads they are too.Try it ! It's just above Quiznos sandwich bar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭ oppenheimer1

Just cuts on Batchelors Walk are €6 mon-wed. They're fine if you only want a cut, haven't had anything else (like highlights) done by them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭ jeckle

There's a place on Lr Liffey St across the street from GameStop that do it for €5 on Mondays & Tuesdays

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭ earlyevening

Just cuts on Batchelors Walk are €6 mon-wed. They're fine if you only want a cut, haven't had anything else (like highlights) done by them.
    jeckle wrote: »
    There's a place on Lr Liffey St across the street from GameStop that do it for €5 on Mondays & Tuesdays

Thats got to be the place I mentionned (or are there 2 cheap places 100yds apart)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭ 3DataModem

Talbot St... €5 during week, €7 or €8 elsewhen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭ Dancor

City Barbers Dorset street. 5 yoyo Mon-Wed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sheemsa

€5 on moore street as well - though I haven't had the pleasure so don't know if he's any good... He looks like a nice chap! He says "haircut 5 euro" everytime I pass... Am I wrong to feel a little insulted?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭ carlmango11

There's a hairdresser education place on Grafton St. about half way up on the west side. Free haircuts but theres a chance the hairdresser will be terrible :( so far they've all been good though

I think I've just found the cheapest barber in Dublin: on North Frederick Street (just off the north side of Parnell Square) there is a barber offering a drycut all day every day for €4.99. Unfortunately, I had just paid €12 when I saw this sign last week!

Place on Nth Frederick St doing it for a fiver. I'd say that's the cheapest you will get. Never been in it meself tho.
    I go to a guy on Nth Earl St. "Just Cuts" and it's €7 Mon-Fri. Decent lads they are too.Try it ! It's just above Quiznos sandwich bar.

Aha, I was beaten to it! I should have read this thread two months ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭ gurramok

There is one off Pearse st near the Lombard pub offering 6quid a cut on Mondays/Tuesdays. Never been in there though!

Just went to this barber before Christmas, paid my €4.99 for a haircut and gave him a 40% tip (slightly defeats the purpose I know but I was feeling guilty!) and got an excellent haircut, as good if not better than the €27.50 haircut which I got for a wedding two years ago.

No problem recommending this guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭ jimmmy

Rebelheart wrote: »
    Just went to this barber before Christmas, paid my €4.99 for a haircut and gave him a 40% tip (slightly defeats the purpose I know but I was feeling guilty!) and got an excellent haircut, as good if not better than the €27.50 haircut which I got for a wedding two years ago.

No problem recommending this guy.

Great value. Why do so many charge so much for so little work ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭ malin182

Has anyone been to that north fredrick st barbers recently? Thinking of trying it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭ Piliger

I have gone down this route before in the past but it's a waste of money. A cheap 6 quid cut doesn't grow through properly more often than not and you find yourself having to get it cut more often. A better cut will last longer and look better.
    That's my experience anyway.

Advertisement