Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest barbers in Baile Átha Cliath?

• 22-09-2009 8:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭

Anybody knew where a guy would get a cheap haircut in Dublin this week?

I've a student card as well just to maximise my budget!

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭GlasnevinRed

If you're anywhere near Harts Corner in Glasnevin there's a Haidressers/Barbers there right beside Botanic House that does haircuts for €10 (possibly €8 for students). Very good job they do too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

If you're anywhere near Harts Corner in Glasnevin there's a Haidressers/Barbers there right beside Botanic House that does haircuts for €10 (possibly €8 for students). Very good job they do too.

I'm in Phibsboro right next to the second worst Tesco in the world and a shopping centre that desperately needs to be blown up along with Ballymun. €10 is a fortune to get a few hairs chopped! I thought that place in Hart's Corner was doing a cut for €6 a year or two ago. The two guys opposite each other on Dorset Street have both raised their prices to €8, and a deeply offensive and utterly incredulous €13 the rest of the week. They used to be a famously competitive €6. So I'm still chasing that €6 deal!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭the lil man

richies barbers navan road (screen road) they do it for 8 euro mondays to wednesdays. its not that far from you in phibsboro just about a 15 - 20 min walk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭earlyevening

I've driven by a place near the Ha penny bridge on the North side. (Liffey St jct with the quays) The sign in the window says its something like 6 quid on a Mon to Wed or something. I cant remember the exact details but its cheap. Any good or too far?

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭the boss of me

Place on Nth Frederick St doing it for a fiver. I'd say that's the cheapest you will get. Never been in it meself tho.
    I go to a guy on Nth Earl St. "Just Cuts" and it's €7 Mon-Fri. Decent lads they are too.Try it ! It's just above Quiznos sandwich bar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Just cuts on Batchelors Walk are €6 mon-wed. They're fine if you only want a cut, haven't had anything else (like highlights) done by them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭jeckle

There's a place on Lr Liffey St across the street from GameStop that do it for €5 on Mondays & Tuesdays

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭earlyevening

Just cuts on Batchelors Walk are €6 mon-wed. They're fine if you only want a cut, haven't had anything else (like highlights) done by them.
    jeckle wrote: »
    There's a place on Lr Liffey St across the street from GameStop that do it for €5 on Mondays & Tuesdays

Thats got to be the place I mentionned (or are there 2 cheap places 100yds apart)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Talbot St... €5 during week, €7 or €8 elsewhen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

City Barbers Dorset street. 5 yoyo Mon-Wed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sheemsa

€5 on moore street as well - though I haven't had the pleasure so don't know if he's any good... He looks like a nice chap! He says "haircut 5 euro" everytime I pass... Am I wrong to feel a little insulted?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

There's a hairdresser education place on Grafton St. about half way up on the west side. Free haircuts but theres a chance the hairdresser will be terrible :( so far they've all been good though

I think I've just found the cheapest barber in Dublin: on North Frederick Street (just off the north side of Parnell Square) there is a barber offering a drycut all day every day for €4.99. Unfortunately, I had just paid €12 when I saw this sign last week!

Place on Nth Frederick St doing it for a fiver. I'd say that's the cheapest you will get. Never been in it meself tho.
    I go to a guy on Nth Earl St. "Just Cuts" and it's €7 Mon-Fri. Decent lads they are too.Try it ! It's just above Quiznos sandwich bar.

Aha, I was beaten to it! I should have read this thread two months ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

There is one off Pearse st near the Lombard pub offering 6quid a cut on Mondays/Tuesdays. Never been in there though!

Just went to this barber before Christmas, paid my €4.99 for a haircut and gave him a 40% tip (slightly defeats the purpose I know but I was feeling guilty!) and got an excellent haircut, as good if not better than the €27.50 haircut which I got for a wedding two years ago.

No problem recommending this guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭jimmmy

Rebelheart wrote: »
    Just went to this barber before Christmas, paid my €4.99 for a haircut and gave him a 40% tip (slightly defeats the purpose I know but I was feeling guilty!) and got an excellent haircut, as good if not better than the €27.50 haircut which I got for a wedding two years ago.

No problem recommending this guy.

Great value. Why do so many charge so much for so little work ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭malin182

Has anyone been to that north fredrick st barbers recently? Thinking of trying it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

I have gone down this route before in the past but it's a waste of money. A cheap 6 quid cut doesn't grow through properly more often than not and you find yourself having to get it cut more often. A better cut will last longer and look better.
    That's my experience anyway.

Advertisement