Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Show Recommendations *NO DISCUSSION*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Dopesick- coming to Disney+ from November 12th.

An 8 part series looking at the (over) prescribing of Oxycontin in USA, and the addiction crisis which followed.

Have watched 1st 3 episodes and it is very very good.

Cast: Michael Keaton, Peter Sarsgaard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

Midnight Mass on Netflix is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Really liking dopesick. It reminds me of the Big Short and the complete failure of the system to mitigate against greed and self-interest with catastrophic consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭flazio

His Dark Materials. Came out on BBC One and HBO back in 2019 but is currently airing on RTÉ One on Sunday evenings. Episode 5 this Sunday but you can catch-up on RTE player (be quick as episode 1 is only available for 7 more days as of 22/11/21)

Made for HBO and the BBC by a studio set up by the folks responsible for bringing back Doctor Who in 2005. Based on the book series by Philip Pullman, some may remember a movie called The Golden Compass starring Nicole Kidman and Daniel Craig. Well substitute Ruth Wilson for Nicole and James McEvoy for Daniel. Also starring Dafne Keen who was mini wolverine in Logan and Lin Manuel Miranda the creator of Hamilton. Andrew Scott is also in it but doesn't really feature until season 2. Not sure if RTE are showing both seasons back to back.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Battlestar Galactica series is on Peacock (available through Sky)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Low talker? Seinfeld....

Station 11. HBO Max. Pandemic Dystopia but don't let that put you off cause it has Hamlet in there too.

I don’t think it is Seinfeld.

That was a show I Googled before posting.

I saw Station 11 while browsing AppleTV.

Didn’t read what it was about but the image suggested post-apocalypse. And recognised the actress.

Filed it in my memory for the eventual arrival of HBOmax.

It is a limited series, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Ten episodes limited. I have 2 to go. I haven't seen the ending yet but its easily the best show of 2021 if not several years. I have a huge affinity to limited series tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Season 4 of Ozark is out in two weeks so if you haven't seen it already still time to binge the first 3 seasons, great show.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,989 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I was reluctant to start watching as I'm fairly burnt out on crappy post apocalyptic tv shows/movies. Have say though it's been a revelation, it's exactly how it should be done. I was thinking it helps that it's based on an acclaimed book but Y: The Last Man is based on an excellent comic book series and it was a hot mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,774 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

mayor of kingstown is brilliant

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Forces TV are doing Blake's 7 Tue 11.01.2022 Blake's 7 00:10 - 01:10 (60 min.)

Pitched by creator Terry Nation as ‘the Dirty Dozen in space’.

YMMV 1978 was a long time ago and the sets and models look like leftovers from 1970's Dr Who.

Major Crimes repeat on Alibi 5pm each day Monday to Friday. (started today)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Tried the first two episodes of Station Eleven. One of those shows that gets great critic reviews are awful viewer reviews. Not grabbing me so far I have to say

8 seasons of Psych added to Peacock, Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

I enjoyed episode 1, not so much episode 2 and 3. But stayed with it and enjoyed the series. It's kind of a slow burn.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,224 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

This thread is not for discussion - please use the chat/sofa thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Undercover Season 03 on Netfllix

Very good show

• Registered Users Posts: 31,974 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

All the sins.

Two series on all4 (third on the way seemingly)

Excellent Finnish crime drama.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭Xander10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

Im waiting impatiently for Righteous Gemstones second season to come on Sky Atlantic. If you haven't seen that show you will be shocked at how good it is. Slate say its better than Succession

• Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Just finished last season Gomorrah on Sky. well worth a look. Top 10 show easily.

Like Sopranos set in Italy without humour.

Unrelentingly grim...but brilliant TV

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

The Afterparty on Apple TV, created and written by Chris Miller of Lord&Miller with a great cast of comedy actors.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 KrazyKMM

Locke & Key on Netflix is a great family show. Good for all ages.

https://youtu.be/_EonRi0yQOE

Sorry I don't know how to embed a video, but the above is the link to the trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Absolutely breezed through a Hulu show called Life & Beth. Very bingeable.

From Amy Schumer creator/writer/director. Can't say I know Amy Schumer all that well just that what I remember has me feeling that she's taken heaps of flak in the past.

This show has what feels like a huge defensive shell of slapstick comedy and what I'm guessing is Amy Schumer-eyness.

On the inside though, there's the elements of one of those shows where a comedy person churns out a serious performance. This one mostly wrapped around mother/daughter/sister relationships with big nostalgia feelings from flashbacks and perspectives on family break-ups.

An easy watch that taps into emotions but your mileage may vary especially depending on your feelings about Amy Schumer and the comedy she works with.

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10731032/

Trailer:

Life & Beth Official Trailer | Hulu

• Registered Users Posts: 21 poppysee

Title: Grey's Anatomy

Cast: Ellen Pompeo, Chandra Wilson, James Pickens Jr., Patrick Dempsey, Jesse Williams, Sandra Oh

Genre: Medical Drama

Description: A drama centered on the personal and professional lives of five surgical interns and their supervisors.

Links: Imbd, Wiki, Disney

Watch this if you like: Romance, drama, dark humor

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Denny61

The act on Netflix..very good...tv series

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Oerdun

I've just started watching this, but it does look promising. Good so far.

Advertisement