Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech CS-250 series issue

Options
  • 18-09-2009 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

Have moved into a new house to us, previous owners had let an issue arise with the alarm system. It had a battery fault, so needed replacing. Didn't get around to it and the ESB have cut power to oue estate for over 8 hours.
    The power is back and the display is stating " Please Install NO + #". Have headed off and got a replacement battery, old one was only at 7.2volts. Installed a new 12V 7.2aH battery.

Now how do I go about resetting the unit? I don't have the engineers code for the unit and the previous owners were very slow in giving us the code they had so we could test the system out.
    So do I need to get an alarm installer in to rectify this? Any ideas welcome.

Regards,
    Anthony.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

So when you install with NO + # what is happening?
    There is no factory link on the CS250 but most installers would have a flash card with the latest software version to flash it with.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Bull76

Hi,

The display is flashing " Please install NO + #". Haven't done anything or tried to do anything other than replace the faulty Battery. So it needs to be re-flashed?

Regards,
    Anthony.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,674 ✭✭✭✭altor

Bull76 wrote: »
    Hi,

The display is flashing " Please install NO + #". Haven't done anything or tried to do anything other than replace the faulty Battery. So it needs to be re-flashed?

Regards,
    Anthony.

Hi Anthony,
    The system is asking this because it has being powered off and the system needs to be initialized e.g system country, time and date. press the no plus # together should get you in to set the country, time and date.
    Hope this helps...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

As Altor said thats all it needs to get it going. If you want to deafult it then it needs to be flashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Bull76

Thanks Altor,

Folks, I can high recommend Altor for any of your alarm issue's. Had him call out and rectify our alarm. Very professional in his work. Also a very person also.

Regards,
    Anthony.

• Advertisement
Advertisement