Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arbitrary post-count based smug self-congratulatary thread / abuse of mod powers#1693

Options
  • 17-09-2009 9:02pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭

\o/

I'm not a big fan of these milestone threads. In fact I generally tend to try and mess them up as much as possible whenever I see people making them. (Doubtless this messing up of my postcount is already taking place as we speak. Cheers Javaboy.)
    The reason I don't like them is the same now as when I started posting on boards.
    Here is a brief excerpt from my very first boards post. Strangely enough it was on feedback complaining about postcounts. Little did I know then that I would ever stick around to type out post 10,000:
    Its a number. An arbitrary number that exists in an unknown space that is tagged to another arbitrary number where your name is. It doesnt benefit you, feed your children, rub your feet, dance for you, it does nothing. Nothing.

Jesus though. Three years. Three goddamn motherfucking years of trolling, abusing posters, thanks whoring, ban hard-ons and dumb jokes.
    Ten thousand posts. Irrelevant but it's a big number. Sort of makes you feel bad. It's the boards equivalent of hitting 40 and still working in a video store. You know those biology / medicine "actual" doctor mods laugh at me behind my back. Makikomi has a hit out on me.
    Karoma modded me you know. Yup. The big cheese. Sharp chap him. He realised so quickly what a fuck up that was that he quit a few weeks later.
    (They still blame you karoma. They still know it was you.)

Three years ago if you were to ask me "Do you post on boards.ie?" I would have said
    "Ah no, not really. I read it the odd time. The mods on there are crazy though."
    2 years ago:
    "Ah yeah it's a mad laugh. Those mods are crazy though."
    1 year ago:
    "Well actually I'm a mod of.... never mind..."
    In the last month:
    "Eh..... no. Never heard of it."

Personally I'd recommend sitebanning yourself right now and actually doing something with your life but lets face it, if you're posting on After Hours and you actually know who I am then you're already well on your way to being at least a bit sad. I mean it's not totally beyond reason that some of you may even lose your virginity at some point. But I wouldn't hold out much hope.

And to all you noobs who hate these stupid masturbatorial self-congratulatory bullshit threads I truly apologise most profusely. At least by making it this far you'll find out that if you hit "quote" on my post you'll learn how to bypass the swear filter. You can thank me in the thunderdome.

It's been a pleasure and a privilege.
    /raises glass

I'm going to log off for a while now and re-think my life.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭paddypender

Its a number. An arbitrary number that exists in an unknown space that is tagged to another arbitrary number where your name is. It doesnt benefit you, feed your children, rub your feet, dance for you, it does nothing. Nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

tldr

Break it down for me in 5 words please....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Its like that moment you hit the vinegar stroke and your face contorts....brought a tear to my eye!

*raises joint to dr bollocko*

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

10,000 in 3 years... I don't feel so sad now.

Congrats doc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,187 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

2006 join date? You're still a newbie.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

You need to sticky this thread, to make it true power abuse ;)

May you rock for another 10K

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I only posted this to see what my post count was,:D
    and what my joining date was.
    Anyways congrats sir:cool:

edit, a lot less posts than you and here 6months longer. i feel much better now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

I for one welcome our new 10,000th post overlord. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Maqnus

I'm currently on 28....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MmmmmCheese

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Well done Doc, you're alright.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Kiera wrote: »
    tldr

Break it down for me in 5 words please....

fap fap fap fap fap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Rabies if you're out there; do your magic!! :pac:

Congrats dr.b.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

TheZohan wrote: »
    Rabies if you're out there; do your magic!! :pac:

Congrats dr.b.
    Pffft @ Rabies. We all know H is the evil one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

DORK!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Congrats but to cover your madness. Fecking mods mad with power.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

To infinity and beyond to the next 10,000+ posts...congrats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

Congratulations! Sorry to hear you are not an actual doctor specializing in bollixes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Funbags Freddie

You need attention.

You have it.

Well done.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Sort of makes you feel bad. It's the boards equivalent of hitting 40 and still working in a video store.

well in fairness bollocko, your kinda the manager of the video store. Ur a mod of AH and thunderdrome plus a few more (i looked at ur post to see but i have forgotten between then and now)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Why hasn't a mod deleted five of his posts yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Too bad you didn't do this in style Dr. Bollocko:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055629858

• Registered Users Posts: 11,354 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Dr.B thank me! You're amazing! My girlfriend just threw her knickers at my monitor. And she's in another room. How do you do it? Carlsberg don't make men, but if they did you'd kick the everloving **** out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,163 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

you should move to the cuckoos nest, where post count means feck all, down with this sort of thing

• Registered Users Posts: 24,024 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

A major achievement. you'll go down in the annals of history, bit like the guy that won the three-legged race on his own.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

you used to be cool but now you [attack the poster]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

A WILD KANYE WEST APPEARS.

Yeah, sorry Doc Imma let you finish n all. But see <insert other mod here> is the best mod on here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,354 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

fullstop wrote: »
    Dr.B thank me! You're amazing! My girlfriend just threw her knickers at my monitor. And she's in another room. How do you do it? Carlsberg don't make men, but if they did you'd kick the everloving **** out of them.

I have a girlfriend? Sweeeeeeet

Advertisement