Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some help required!

Options
  • 16-09-2009 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

hey all,

I'm a male in his early 20's, I have always been fairly athletic but also tall and skinny. Through the years whenever i've gone to the gym I have always preferred the cardio workout to anything else.

Now though I would like to put on a bit more muscle. I'm really only interested in bulking up a bit, and have no interest in extensive weight sessions to turn me into a monster or anything. Mainly something for the core, chest and arms.

Just wondering if anyone would be able to help me gain some advice as to what would be the best way to do so. Are weight machines anywhere near as effective as free weights? and how many sets/reps and at what weights should I be looking to go for? finally, how many sessions a week should I look to go for?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

Eat more calories than you need , as cleanly as possible and lift heavy weights , simple as that really. Stick to free weights if possible and get your self a beginners program, alot here use starting strenght.

It will take time however, I remember reading somewhere that you need to gain 10lbs of body weight just to get an extra ince on the biceps. So there is no need to worry about becoming a monster at that rate ;)

Advertisement