Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Hub Castlerea.

Options
  • 15-09-2009 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

From the on-line edition of the Roscommon People http://is.gd/3iKBh

The hard copy of the same news paper quotes Enterprise Castlerea as saying the hub will offer business units ranging from 500 sq. ft ~ 2500 sq.-ft. , At the moment I do not have any rental prices .

My idea for a small unit 500 sq.-ft would be a "Concept Resource Centre" for those of us who are unemployed to start off with but who have no idea what we will end up with. I also do not know what planning permissions are required for a non existent business

Let me try and paint a little picture & Yes we would have to rent the space out of our hard earned dole money.

Say a non-profit group of us were to get together , somebody has a broken lawn mower or a crock of a bicycle for example that needs to be fixed , another person has a bag of tools , You are going to have to let your imagination drift here a bit as there are a lot of skills we all have and with which we can all share and contribute to , so somebody makes the coffee and the others get to do a little work.

Say six~seven months down the road we become known as the Concept Resource Centre and we begin to get enquiries as to what we do ? , Again let's say someone phones in and wants some turf footed or "Old Mr & Mr's Gray" needs their windows cleaned. My answer would be ... Yes ! we can deal for a small fee or a plate of apple tart.

In short the back of the project is to come up with a doable Concept that might get some of us off the dole . This shop open for ideas to occupy a place at the Castlerea HUB. Your real or imaginary input welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 htimsydna

I see where you're coming from,but it will be extremely hard for you to convince the Irish psyche to pool their efforts on projects with an open mind and the possibilities that may lie ahead without fronting them with money first even though they are getting a weekly sum.

BTW Interesting stuff you are doing on the GP forum and on Irish Global . Let's have a beer ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭shindig-jp

Cheers' htimsydna

I'm at the Hell's Kitchen most Sunday morn/afternoon , PM'ed you my fone #.
    Also check me out on travel http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055691647

Advertisement