Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patrick Swayze Has Died

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Atwork

I remember him in North and South, a TV series about the American Civil War. All the ladies were swooning at the sight of Patrick in his uniform.

All I know is the lads are going drinking, I predict a ladies weekend in !

God bless DVD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Donnie Darko and Point Break

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Jeebus

RIP :(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Dean820 wrote: »
    I have a sense of humor and all but I think jokes about him are a bit too soon.

i always find this to be a bullsh1t response

at least have the decency to be in the non hypocritical "dont joke about the dead at all" camp, rather than the "dont joke about the dead until theyve been dead for a while, then its ok" camp

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Diageio_Man

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭sneakerfreak

I have a sense of humor and all but I think jokes about him are a bit too soon.

This staetement is only 50% true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭sneakerfreak

Jeebus wrote: »
    Hi mods.

*waves*.

Now, before this thread is locked, I have a proposal. Instead of an outright ban on all jokes on this subject, how about we just ban the bad jokes ? As in the ones that are in no way amusing or intelligent whatsoever.

With this proposal in mind, OP should be banned, wrapped up in cardboard, and shipped to Afghanistan whereupon their army will test their guns on him to see if they are in proper working order. He will also be prodded with rusty forks on a constant basis.

I think this is a fair proposal.

At least Patrick can be safe in the knowledge that even though he has departed the earth there are still people to put on a totally shít public display.

Lucky for you no one will remember you to make nasty comments about you when you kick the bucket :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

'Corner' sounds far too much like 'coroner' for there not to be jokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Helix wrote: »
    i always find this to be a bullsh1t response

at least have the decency to be in the non hypocritical "dont joke about the dead at all" camp, rather than the "dont joke about the dead until theyve been dead for a while, then its ok" camp

Listen I don't like joking about the dead at all. The point I was making it was less than an hour that the man had died that you had some morons thinking they're funny making jokes about him. They're the ones with the bull**** responses. And they're the ones ruining AH thinking they're edgey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

RIP Patrick. This song brought a tear to my eye:o http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVi4PUx8bXk&feature=related

• Advertisement

Listen I don't like joking about the dead at all. The point I was making it was less than an hour that the man had died that you had some morons thinking they're funny making jokes about him. They're the ones with the bull**** responses. And they're the ones ruining AH thinking they're edgey.

or theyre telling jokes they find amusing

personally i hope i die in the most hilarious set of circumstances ever witnessed, and that thousands of people ive never met get the chance to make wonderfully funny jokes about it

or theyre telling jokes they find amusing

Or they're trying to be funny by being "shocking" because they lack the intelligence and originality to come up with something that's genuinely funny so they opt for shock value instead?

These jokes aren't funny, the reason they ellicit a reaction at all is because they're so inappropriate. Making an intelligent joke is difficult to do so I guess most find it easier to go down the shock value route to make themselves feel funny. Inappropriate humor has it's place, but not when somebody has just died.

Or they're trying to be funny by being "shocking" because they lack the intelligence and originality to come up with something that's genuinely funny so they opt for shock value instead?

These jokes aren't funny, the reason they ellicit a reaction at all is because they're so inappropriate.

to be fair, some dead celeb jokes are face meltingly funny

none of the swayze ones have been so far, but thats not to say they wont

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

to be fair, some dead celeb jokes are face meltingly funny

none of the swayze ones have been so far, but thats not to say they wont

That one in the showbiz kanye one is pretty funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I just got totally confused - first of all I thought the Hoff had died ( saw a clip of him in Cockney London earlier on ), then "Bread" came on tv....

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Blaalarry

Why is RIP posting so much?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

personally i hope i die in the most hilarious set of circumstances ever witnessed, and that thousands of people ive never met get the chance to make wonderfully funny jokes about it

Dying hilariously is one thing. Dying slowly as cancer riddles your body is another.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

A sad loss. He had a great zest for life that we could all learn from.

RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Blaalarry

Biggins wrote: »
    A sad loss. He had a great zest for life that we could all learn from.

RIP.

There goes RIP again!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Ed_

This gives me the idea to watch Donnie Darko again this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement