Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super League Play-Offs

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Tough, hard fought game as expected. Catalans were their normal cussed, difficult to break down selves, and as usual played at the edge of legality in the tackle for most of the time. How Elima managed to avoid a yellow is beyond me.

We did enough. I think after our 10 minute purple patch, concentration wandered and the Rhinos were fantasising about Manchester. Also you could visibly see the intensity level drop off, worried about injuries possibly...but against a well drilled outfit like the Dragons, you can't relax.

Thought (Danny) McGuire had a cracker and Peacock was immense, but worryingly Burrow had an anonymous game by his standards. Just glad we got out of it without any serious injury (bar possibly Webb)...

Roll on the GF.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Eastmond goes through Tomkins and puts Maeli in the corner brilliant start for Saints.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Got my tickets for the GF last night ( just a coincidence Leeds are going to be there). There will be a few of us Eagles going over to watch it and it should be a cracker. C'mon Wigan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Excellent first 20 or so minutes of the match. Saints very lucky with their last try, the penalty in their own half (open to correction, saw nothing wrong) and the forward pass which was then knocked on by Wigan.

Hope the second half keeps this pace up somewhat at least. :)

Pacy start to the second half. Unreal Goalline defence so far from Wigan. Still fancy Saints by 14/16, think once there's more than a score in it Wigan's heads will go down.

• Advertisement

So so close time after time, Wigan just can't get the last thing to go right.

Hope they score soon for a good finish. :)

What a ****in try!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Two great games of Rugby League this weekend. I thought Wigan might just sneek it, but Saints defence was the determining factor in the end.

I turned over to watch the Leinster vs Munster match after and it seemed like they were playing in slow motion compared to the intensity I'd seen in the 'other code'.

I turned over to watch the Leinster vs Munster match after and it seemed like they were playing in slow motion compared to the intensity I'd seen in the 'other code'.

Uncanny, I had exactly the same feeling....almost like they're running through treacle. And as for the skill level...it's like falling off a cliff. Two superb games this weekend and a final next week to die for. Impossible to call, It's either teams' to win. Cannot wait.

just a quick reminder folks, don't forget the Championship final today on Sky..Barrow V Halifax...5:15. Going to be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Im looking forward to the Grand Final now. Two great semis. Thought it was an absolutely brilliant try by the "Irishman" Richards yesterday, although try of the weekend IMO was the Donald kick to McGuire try.

Were the Warriors a bit unlucky with the call that Long had put their player in touch a good couple of seconds after the tackle looked complete? If a second effort going over the tryline is illegal, surely the same applies with second effort in a tackle?

Will Brian Noble still go to the Crusaders now they are in meltdown? Wigan are announcing their new coach next week I think (though I might be wrong), any rumours of who?

• Advertisement

dooferoaks wrote: »
    Were the Warriors a bit unlucky with the call that Long had put their player in touch a good couple of seconds after the tackle looked complete? If a second effort going over the tryline is illegal, surely the same applies with second effort in a tackle?

Not just that before one of the Saints tries they got a penalty in their own half for nothing, then there was a very forward pass, which was then knocked on by Wigan, putting the count back to nought, even though it should've been a penalty for Wigan.

toomevara wrote: »
    just a quick reminder folks, don't forget the Championship final today on Sky..Barrow V Halifax...5:15. Going to be good.

Looking forward to the Champ. game, the Div 1 game was thoroughly enjoyable, thought Oldham might have won it. I think skys coverage on the Thursday has been great, god knows what crap I will have to watch on Thursdays now.

Will Brian Noble still go to the Crusaders now they are in meltdown? Wigan are announcing their new coach next week I think (though I might be wrong), any rumours of who?

The rumour here is the deal with the Crusaders is done, at least according to last weeks League Weekly. Apparently there's going to be a few high profile signings as well for next season. I guess with Noble at the helm, might be some hope....
    think skys coverage on the Thursday has been great, god knows what crap I will have to watch on Thursdays now.

Totally agree, and the standard this year in the C'ship has been brilliant. Some superb games.

Barrow Halifax game was a cracker, brilliant come back by the Raiders and great finish.

Enjoyed that game too,would either of them need much to be a success in the Super League?

Enjoyed that game too,would either of them need much to be a success in the Super League?

Need to be Welsh :P

Cynical but true. A bigger Super league would keep their expansion plans on the rails (even more expansion further North with those crazy Cumbrians!!), and adjust fixture list so there isn't an increase in games, maybe even reduce a game or two (or 10 in Quins case!)

Just a quick update on Wigans new coach, Melbourne assistant coach has been approached and will probably take post.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_league/super_league/wigan/8290706.stm

Just a quick update on Wigans new coach, Melbourne assistant coach has been approached and will probably take post.

Shaun Edwards was approached but turned it down..

Advertisement