Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannabis should be legalized in Ireland To pull Our country out of ression

Options
1383940414244»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    He footnoted that with something about making exception for people with a medical need.
    So he's neither here nor there, no actual standpoint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭whoopdedoo

James Riley was quoted yesterday that the government is to bring in medicinal cannabis this year!

it's all down to the guy taking his case to Brussels to forgets Shenghen agreement.

well cool and about time too!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

whoopdedoo wrote: »
    James Riley was quoted yesterday that the government is to bring in medicinal cannabis this year!

it's all down to the guy taking his case to Brussels to forgets Shenghen agreement.

well cool and about time too!!

Would you have a link to this anywhere whoopdedoo.
    I'd like to have a closer look.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

That's good news, but wont it just be the SativaX mouth spray they might be allowing?
    And at that, for people that are genuinely ill.

mikom wrote: »
    Would you have a link to this anywhere whoopdedoo.
    I'd like to have a closer look.

it was on rte's news site yesterday but it didn't have the statement quoted on the website, at the end of the story on the news at 9 last night it said he intended to bring it in,

should be able to watch it on the iplayer for up to 28 days

• Advertisement

bc dub wrote: »
    That's good news, but wont it just be the SativaX mouth spray they might be allowing?
    And at that, for people that are genuinely ill.

im sure they'll approve sativex and marinol but they will also have to stand back and let people recieve delivery of cannabis from cannabisbureau.nl when that happens as some people get more of an effect from cooking/smoking/vaporising real cannabis and that's well known.

also with every step they take they'll be blurring the lines of illegality and at the end of the day there's so many uses for the stuff you should have no problem getting a doc to sign a script for it.

ah there goes my glaucoma again! *reaches for spliff

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

SUPER!

I've heard some good 'reasons' people used for their medicinal uses in America, but over there some of the clinics would attempt to drag you in off the street and give you an excuse to buy. Without a doubt the best I've heard was "I suffer from Paranoia and Anxiety if I don't smoke weed"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

whoopdedoo wrote: »
    it was on rte's news site yesterday but it didn't have the statement quoted on the website, at the end of the story on the news at 9 last night it said he intended to bring it in,

should be able to watch it on the iplayer for up to 28 days

Have you any links at all to confirm this? I looked through last night's nine news and didn't see anything about it.

Are you sure you didn't dream it? :p

Have you any links at all to confirm this? I looked through last night's nine news and didn't see anything about it.

no links man, defo heard it tho so you'll just have to take my word for it until the government release the next batch of carefully timed press release on the subject, this has been coming the last 2 years in my opinion, in my circle I've been proclaiming since 2008 that within 3/5 years you'll see it here and we're coming up on the 4th year now, bang on like! I've just noticed so much going on between the lines of discussion on the subject of cannabis on the day and night-time tv chat shows, print media, radio, magazines etc.

the general public were being fed small bits of rational views so nobody freaks out when legalisation comes round. you can say I'm off my head but time will prove me right i'm certain.

and to go one step further: the member states were told last nov they can make up their own drugs laws from now on and the body making the announcement were pointing out the massive market worth = (€60 - 120/140bn+!!)

I can see current drug laws in all the eu countries including our good selves have a shelf life of another 3/4 years max!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Cosimo Salvatore

A Link You Say ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Thanks for the link.

It's not really "Ireland will be legalising medical cannabis" but it does show that there's a little bit more wiggle room being made so I can see whoopdedoo's point.

It is definitely a step in the right direction and something actually happening. Lets hope that snowball keeps on rolling down the hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 sargito

Bit of a joke that we're the only OECD country to have a blanket ban on cannabis based drugs, even the THC spray. By comparison heroin is a perfectly legal ingredient in some medicines.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,675 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

US Pot Industry estimated $5bn in energy consumption and expected to growww, maan.

http://gizmodo.com/#!5791320/buzzkill-of-the-day-us-marijuana-industry-responsible-for-5-billion-in-energy-consumption

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Topsnakebite

Overheal wrote: »
    US Pot Industry estimated $5bn in energy consumption and expected to growww, maan.

http://gizmodo.com/#!5791320/buzzkill-of-the-day-us-marijuana-industry-responsible-for-5-billion-in-energy-consumption
    America could switch to outdoor growing fairly quickly. As far as I know the established brands of weed are all grown outdoors in CA.

This is a problem that would go away if cannabis prohibition was lifted. It will only get worse as long as prohibition continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 sargito

costs 5 billion to grow and the small legal medicinal market is worth 8.9 billion.

thats a pretty hefty profit margin, and the 5 billion energy costs go back into the economy via the electicity company.

not much of an argument against legalization.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Jagle

sargito wrote: »
    costs 5 billion to grow and the small legal medicinal market is worth 8.9 billion.

thats a pretty hefty profit margin, and the 5 billion energy costs go back into the economy via the electicity company.

not much of an argument against legalization.

simple put the 5 billion is for lights exhaust systems and things used to keep what your doing hidden, of course legalising it would allow you to grow it outdoors without fear of being caught, hence no cost

sargito wrote: »

thats a pretty hefty profit margin,
    It's not really once you consider that's just the energy costs. Although put the growing into the hands of real business and they'd reduce those costs dramatically.
    and the 5 billion energy costs go back into the economy via the electicity company.
    Good point, that money is going to legitimate business not criminals.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭prech101

Crime related to drug use and drug users seems to have dropped in Portugal the last few years!!,,, wonder why that is????

Any takers??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Jagle

prech101 wrote: »
    Crime related to drug use and drug users seems to have dropped in Portugal the last few years!!,,, wonder why that is????

Any takers??????

cos they decriminalised drugs a decade ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Only 192 signatures!! Well 193 now. ;)

Advertisement