Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2010 All discussion, no tickets sales/swaps. **Mod note post 1927**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Well every1 is different but I wud take fcuk all food and a good bit of money about €100 shud cover u over the 4 days. I didnt use that much last year but just to have it just incase.

I wud take:
    rain gear - rain jackets & wellies ect cos u can never tell wat irish weather is like
    sun cream - got a nice irish tan on my back :D
    shorts r sumthing wit pockets you will need it
    caps off bottles - when u buy drinks they dont give u the caps

I wud nearly suggest not taking your tent but as I said every1 is diff some ppl need sleep others like me can go 4 days wit only 4 hours of sleep :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Take your own tent, you'll be pissed off sleeping with other people after two days,trust me!
    Suncream
    Small travel lock for your tent
    DO NOT PITCH YOUR TENT NEAR THE TOILETS.
    The earlier you get there, the closer you get to the main gate
    Bring a bright coloured flag/tshirt to drape over your tent so you can find it when you're pissed and stumbling about.
    Wellies
    Earplugs (you ever try to sleep next to a tent full of ravers?)

Heres a full list I prepared earlier, you wont need half this stuff for oxegen but it helps : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054935704&highlight=festival+checklist

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

My list is:

Ticket!!
    Tent
    Baby Wipes
    Cigarettes(Even if you don't smoke, they can be used for trading when they get scarce on sunday night)
    Drink
    1 or 2 changes of clothes
    Lock for your tent.
    A bucket(Fill it with water, put yer cans in, and no more warm beer)
    Some empty bottles, fill them when you get there.
    Food: Crisps and biscuits are good
    Condoms
    Toilet Roll.
    etc...

Also, Dont camp near anyone dodgy lookin(theres lots of them at oxegen), near the path ways and most of all, stay as far away from the toilets as you can!!!

Money wise, i'm gonna bring less than €100. But i probably wont buy drink or food in the arena and i'm bringing my own for the campsite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 munky_boy

Are you sure you will get by for 4 day on less than a 100 quid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭baby*cham*bell

munky_boy wrote:

I spent the grand total of e6 at oxegen last year..on the water ride thingy, because it was that hot. had my own nibbles in the tent. this year i think ill just get chips though as food is suprisingly heavy and im bringing more drink.
    if your buying drugs down there then you'll obviuosly need more. also if you plan to drink the outrageously expensiv heineken @ e5 a pint.
    a few things i learnt as an oxegen virgin last year:
    1) SHORT PANTS
    the long pants get wrecked as theres mud everywhere, rain or shine! so shorts/ 3/4 lenghts, skirts and sun dresses all the way, and a nice pair a wellies
    2) CAMPING CHAIRS
    Chairs are very much taken for granted in our society, you realise this when you need to sit down and your suronded by mud/ k.o'd people
    3) SUN CREAM
    speaks for itself
    4)PLASTIC BOTTLES/LIDS
    Can never have enough

also make sure you have ALL the parts of the tent - rain covers come in suprisingly handy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

munky_boy wrote:
    It varies from person to person. I wont be buying drink or band tee's in the arena. I might buy some of the crappy festival food. I doubt i'll spend more than €30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

I'm bringing about €300 spending for the 2 days.. Feck it - it only happens once a year! =D

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

How much drink should I bring?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,152 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

JoseJones wrote:
    How much drink should I bring?

Depends on how much your able to handle. Just bring a lot and then some spirits or After Shock stuff and you will be ok. Think im gonna go for 24 cans of Miller and 2 litres of After Shock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭tyther

this is my first year gonig aswel,do you have any tips for a first timer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,152 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

^ Enjoy, the craic is great fun in the campsite. Make sure ya have enough supplies(as listed above). The most important thing to bring, apart from the ticket, is babywipes.

When setting up your tent, everything is like property idea: loacation, location, location. Lsat year i was near the toilets, and on SAturday morning when cleaning them, t'was difficult to breathe. So stay away from them. its worse when they dont clean them(more often than not). And as said, stay away from dodgy looking people. Try and set up where a few people have already set up nearby.

Not much else i can think of now. For any fist timers, do have fun, you will enjoy it make many new friends. ya mightnt see them ever again but ya know, meh! Oh, and also a camers so ya can put together a vague recollection of how the weekend was for when ya get home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭Burago

I always manage to spend more money than I'd planned. It can be done on the cheap but **** it, why bother? Bring as much as you can afford and enjoy it. A supply of smokes and skins will make you lots of friends when pleople are stuck on Sunday night. This will be my 5th year going and I wouldn't miss it for the world. Have a great time everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Jordonvito

I know its a bit early, but who are ye all hoping for next year.? Hopefully Artic Monkeys, Muse, and then someone like Daft Punk or Fatboy slim, cant be Killers or KOL again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Jaysis, there's early, and then there's EARLY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Jaysis, there's early, and then there's EARLY!

A Christmas thread would be early. An Oxegen 2010 thread is waaaaay too early. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 red.raven

daft punk would be class...bit of fatboy slim maybe coldplay there somewhere!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

Would be nice to have a couple of headliners that haven't headlined before.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Zipp101

Radiohead..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 GettingBy

Jordonvito wrote: »
    I know its a bit early, but who are ye all hoping for next year.? Hopefully Artic Monkeys, Muse, and then someone like Daft Punk or Fatboy slim, cant be Killers or KOL again!

Anyone that you didn't mention to be perfectly frank. Can't stand mainstream music any more. Dunno how people listen to Arctic Monkeys. Muse aren't terrible, but like, I just don't like them that much; and as for Daft Punk or Fatboy Slim, don't get me started on them.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Id say Blink 182 , Foo Fighters , Kasabian (possibly 2nd last on Main if not headline) , Green Day , Muse , Coldplay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I wager the bands Mr.S dropped (Muse, Green Day, Arctic Monkeys) are very likely candidates. All of them are doing O2 gigs soon and should be back in the summer to do the Euro festival circuit.

GettingBy wrote: »
    Anyone that you didn't mention to be perfectly frank. Can't stand mainstream music any more. Dunno how people listen to Arctic Monkeys. Muse aren't terrible, but like, I just don't like them that much; and as for Daft Punk or Fatboy Slim, don't get me started on them.

Fair point, but oxegen is a mainstream festival, like if your looking for something a bit different oxegen aint really the place!

I wager the bands Mr.S dropped (Muse, Green Day, Arctic Monkeys) are very likely candidates. All of them are doing O2 gigs soon and should be back in the summer to do the Euro festival circuit.

And a reunion of some sort, possibly the Libertines as an outside bet, but even so i doubht they would headline, imagine stone roses, epicness, v unlikely though

• Registered Users Posts: 37,882 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Oasis Reunion

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

passion pit to be on the o2 or green spheres tent
    wud like to see bands like johnny foreigner/eagles of death metal on one of the main stages too

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Chewabacca

Who I'd like to see is never gonna happen at Oxegen.

Orbital, NIN, Tool, QOTSA, Chemical Brothers, Prodigy, Vitalic, Daft Punk, Nas, Pearl Jam, Aphex Twin(happened once, probably never again), Asian Dub Foundation, Rancid, Royksopp, Dinosaur Jr, Gary Numan. See, never gonna happen. Maybe Daft Punk, Chems or Prodigy.

My predictions are Daft Punk, Coldplay, Arctic Monkeys, Muse, Green Day and whatever crap indie bands the oxegen audience are liking and playing on their phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

*Prays Muse, Arctic Monkeys and Daft Punk are somehow magically all on on the same day*

:pac:

phasers wrote: »
    *Prays Muse, Arctic Monkeys and Daft Punk are somehow magically all on on the same day*

:pac:

haha sum hope alri

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Jordonvito wrote: »
    haha sum hope alri
    :pac: I can dream! I just don't want to camp but I suppose I can suck it up if the lineup is good enough!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Bluezar

Hoping for Muse and GreenDay...Then I will consider going again:D

Advertisement