Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sniper School

Options
  • 11-09-2009 12:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Ok guys let me introduce ourselves we are Airsoft Sniper. We are a non profit small group setup to help new and existing players hone their sniper skills in many ways both as a lone sniper and as a sniper team consisting of sniper and two sniper scouts. We are based at H.R.T.A in Ballyboughal.
    We plan on teaching from the basics of camouflage,concealment,comms,hand signals for use with a sniper teams and much more. Before we give dates and days we need to see how many people would be interested. If this in the wrong area can the mods please move to the right area.

Kind Regards from all involved in Airsoft Sniper

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Maybe a list of your qualification in the field would be useful as im sure people would prefer to know who they are learning from and if the advice is any good., :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Airsoft_Sniper

At current you have lots of new players mostly of the call of duty kind join the airsoft community for a very brief time. The two of us involved in Airsoft Sniper have experience in the field but are aiming at these players to teach them a skill for the game in a non military way/style to help keep them in the sport or for experienced players who have thought of becoming a sniper but didnt know whats involved to try it. You dont need a sniper rifle to get involved as you could learn how to be support for a sniper/sniper scout. Also our aim is to get snipers to stop being used as cannon fodder in airsoft and use them for obsevation roles and area protection in other way/means already being used.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

At current you have lots of new players mostly of the call of duty kind join the airsoft community for a very brief time. The two of us involved in Airsoft Sniper have experience in the field but are aiming at these players to teach them a skill for the game in a non military way/style to help keep them in the sport or for experienced players who have thought of becoming a sniper but didnt know whats involved to try it. You dont need a sniper rifle to get involved as you could learn how to be support for a sniper/sniper scout. Also our aim is to get snipers to stop being used as cannon fodder in airsoft and use them for obsevation roles and area protection in other way/means already being used.

I think what Masada was trying to say is, where does your experience in the field come from? ex military sniper? law enforcement? book? TV? or just playing airsoft?

We are all regular players at sites thru out ireland some of us have experience due to our backround others have experience due to books and playing airsoft. i hope this answers your questions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Well i suppose being an airsoft sniper is different to being a Real one, so in the gaming sense it may help some people, but as for hand signals, spotter, camo etc, I'd imagine actual military experience would help there.

But anyway best of luck with it, hope it generates some interest.

• Advertisement

That is why we have someone in Airsoft Sniper that has the qaulifications as mentioned earlier we will be doing this as a non profit group that is not involved with the IAA or IASRA also as for spotter training and hand signals that is the easy part of the training

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

sounds good count me in as to when it starts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Not to get anyones back up, but I run classes myself (in something completely unrelated) and in my experience, if you want to be respected and run successfull endevours such as this, you need to answer peoples questions thoroughly and treat them with as much respect as you yourself would expect/appreciate.

From your posts, you haven't really answered peoples questions...it's like drawing blood from a stone (purely observational).

NOW...yes I'd be interested, as I love the role of sniper and would like to pick up some tips, however I would like some further information, mostly what Masada was looking for...i.e. where your knowledge comes from?

-What will you be teaching us and why?
    -Where did you (as a group) pick up the knowledge to be passed on?
    -How did you develop this way of teaching?

Thanks for taking the time to read, I look forward to reading the response. all the best!

~Inari,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

I don't mean to be a smartass, so please don't take offense......but who are you ? You mention you are a bunch of regular airsofters, so that being the case, you'll most likely be known to the community, even if only vaguely.

One way to let people know you are genuinely up to the task of teaching sniper skills is to let them know who you are, I would have thought ?

Sorry if that sounds negative - certainly not my intent. It's just kinda hard to ask the question without sounding negative or aggressive, and I dislike the way any new initiatives like this can faced with suspicion or outright hostility before it even gets off the ground. This sounds interesting - I'd love to know more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭TNTQ

I'm not interested in being sniper, it's not fun for me, so I've very little interest in your skills and abilities, but I wonder how do you overcome equipment limitations?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

That's easy. By being quiet, patient, sneaky and hard to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Getting a bit tired of reading " We are a non-profit Airsoft medical team/Airsoft Sniper team/Mobile AEG service and upgradeTeam/Salsa Rumba dance Team"

Offering their services on boards or anywhere else for that fact. Keep it to the Sites HRTA, MAC etc. Offer it to the players AT the sites, this all just smacks of dodgy techniques, trumpet blowing and free advertising.

No aggressiveness intended.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Stone.cold

from what I read they are based in HRTA, but why was our name dragged into your little rant?? what has a sniper school got to do with M.A.C

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I think he just mentioned your site as it's a suitable venue for sniping? In any case, indeed names would help the sniper school cause, you tend to know who's good at it and who's not

Stone.cold wrote: »
    from what I read they are based in HRTA, but why was our name dragged into your little rant?? what has a sniper school got to do with M.A.C

SEA-C, Cork Airsoft, G TAC, Rathbeggan, Predator, Airsoft Battle Zone, Red barn etc etc.

Untwist your knickers, I was speaking of ALL of the sites in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

No offense intended but i think you'd be doing a lot better by being direct and straightforward in answering the questions you're asked.Maybe its just me but from your vague, roundabout answers about your background and experience I get the impression that airsoft is the only experience you have. I may well be wrong so apoligies if so

knickers?? dude it was your rant, anyway they are based at a site the clearly said they were, so "keep it to a site"? and how are people supposed to know their there if they don't advertise? site's all over england advertise training in one form or another so where's the harm if they want to provide a service that's up to them at the end of the day and if it helps airsoft grow one step further more power to them.

we offer coach training and business development resources in addition to social network management services. It is an amazing gift that many coaches offer to the world and GCA helps coaches to build a framework for success.
    As coaches, we dive in, get the training but often without realizing that we are really running a business. Many coaches come to the frustrating and sometimes stressful realization
    that excellent coaching skills will not suffice. What was missing in the training was the critical elements of marketing and now you have no idea how to run
    a business, not to mention how to promote it, market it, or build a client base. The reality hits - you have no strategies in place and you feel lost. Marketing our
    expertise and ourselves is essential and very few earn a substantial living without these key fundamental objectives in the forefront.

^^^^^ ROFL I rest my case. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

i was under the impression that military style 'training' was a bit of a no no in the republic?

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

Puding wrote: »
    i was under the impression that military style 'training' was a bit of a no no in the republic?

you mean like skirmishing?:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

you mean like skirmishing?

i would not laught i believe that argument has been used in the pasted

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

The Military training thing has been in law for a long time yet for years practical pistol was allowed, it never effected that so i would say its one of those laws that i think was originally implemented to combat paramilitaryism and wont have any effect on us. just my interpritation of it anyway. :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Masada wrote: »
    The Military training thing has been in law for a long time yet for years practical pistol was allowed, it never effected that so i would say its one of those laws that i think was originally implemented to combat paramilitaryism and wont have any effect on us. just my interpritation of it anyway. :)

Which would be a good argument but Practical Pistol is effectively banned in Ireland now :(

The trick with these laws is differentiating that its Airsoft Sniper tactics not Sniper tactics.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

so,,,,,,,,,,,,, who are you guys? am curious as ive never seen a proper sniper team (sniper & spotter) play in hrta :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Masada wrote: »

It's been brought up as recently as a few weeks ago in the Dail and the Seanad, and the IAA has been asked for statements many times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=61575784#post61575784

We're not doing real military training, we're practising for a game where the maximum practical engagement distance you can achieve under the 1J limit is about 40 metres. It may look real, but it isn't.

See Airsoft Trajectory Project for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

I must say this has some very large similarities to IAMC, in the way of the replies, the method in which this has been gone about, the body of the replies and questionable background to the group setting this up.

This may explain most people being skeptical, and seemingly Hostile towards the idea.

It's my reason anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

If ever you applied airsoft style tactics to real combat, you'd be dead.

Pop out, shoot, be shot at, try to dodge REAL bullet as you can in airsoft, and whoops, I've a big hole in me!

Also, recoil, range, eugh everything pretty much, lol.

Airsoft is fun, but military training, it aint!

Firekitten wrote: »

Ice age, stonecold... Put the claws away, you're both grown men, and I like both of you... you both missed eachother's point, and I dont think its constructive atm to fight for the sake of it... I thought that was the politicians job?

FK you dont even know me? people that know me dont like me, and as for fighting for the sake of it, firstly people how live in glass houses & secondly, i am merely pointing out that everytime something new comes on here its attacked for no reason by someone, its gets a little old after a while constructive criticism is one thing but an out right attack on something new is just pointless especially when the rant hits out at a point that the op said clearly stated

• Advertisement

Firekitten wrote: »
    Fine, I dont like you, happy?

As for your point, you're quite right actually... The Elitism on Boards is disgusting to be bruitally honest.... I'm all for seeing what the OP has in mind... I just dont think pointless squabbling between two long standing members is helping anything.
    your relatively new to boards FK myself and iceage have been squabbling a long time it kinda of goes with the territory now but its never pointless :D

Advertisement