Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

free electricity?

Options

Comments

if i have that powering my car, i might aswell go right ahead and throw in a flux capacitor for good measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

steorn did it. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭maherro

Sorry to break it to you lads but impossible! Thermodynamics states theres no such thing as free energy - its the same thing as perpetual motion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

if i have that powering my car, i might aswell go right ahead and throw in a flux capacitor for good measure.

well then,can you go to the future and find out how derren brown got those lotto numbers,please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

maherro wrote: »
    Sorry to break it to you lads but impossible! Thermodynamics states theres no such thing as free energy - its the same thing as perpetual motion

thats what i said.

*actually i said 'gtfo'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

you cant create free energy.

Energy isnt created its just changed from one form to another.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,036 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

This is the conclusion to Lost, isn't it? It turns out that the island is actually Australia?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

yeah, there was something similar with magnetics and a wind turbine was on nationwide a few weeks ago. a family were using the electricity they made to mostly power their home :)

wudangclan wrote: »
    well then,can you go to the future and find out how derren brown got those lotto numbers,please?
    if i go into the future, i'll get the lotto numbers myself and go back in time and pull the same trick myself.. except buy the ticket aswell.

first you get the time machine, then you get the lotto numbers, then you get the women.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

That was from a couple of years ago. The inventor probably had an "accident" soon after the piece was broadcast...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,060 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

snyper wrote: »

Yeah, it can't be destroyed either, so where the hell is it all going? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

batteries. must be millions of them now, they keep creating new shapes and sizes too. crafty little ****ers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Given off as heat, electrical wires generate a certain amount of heat (as do plenty of other things, through friction and the like).

If you're in an enclosed space with lots of electronics you can feel the heat, but once it gets outside (or in a big enough space) the heat change is too small to be noticed, as it's spread out so much, eventually much of it is lost to space I believe.

And of course the reason that no-one is panicing about space stealing our energy is because the Sun gives back far more than is being lost.

Interestingly enough most applicances "waste" more energy than they actually use.
    The reason that the new lightbulbs can give the same (or almost the same) amount of light as the old ones on a fraction of the electricity cost is that something like 80% of energy is wasted in old lightbulbs as heat, only 20% is actually light, whereas in new lightbulbs it's much more efficient.

Pygmalion wrote: »
    Given off as heat, electrical wires generate a certain amount of heat (as do plenty of other things, through friction and the like).

Aye, but heat is energy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

zuroph wrote: »
    steorn did it. :pac:
    Oh no they didn't (I know it's a little too early for panto season).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

wudangclan wrote: »

Derren Brown ....Doc Brown .....can't believe that you didn't make the connection.

Aye, but heat is energy too.
    Yeah but it can't really be used by us when it's just given off as waste all over the place, and I think it eventually just leaves the atmosphere, which explains where the energy all goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Jeebus

I see your theory and rape it with my own :

E=mc^2.

You're all ****ed now !

Jeebus wrote: »
    I see your theory and rape it with my own :

E=mc^2.

You're all ****ed now !
    That's why nowadays the more correct name is "Law of mass-energy conservation" (or something similar) instead of "Law of energy conservation" (or something similar)

In nuclear reactions energy and mass can be converted back and forth, but making energy out of nothing is still impossible, so his statement that "you cant create free energy" still holds.

And no, the device the OP mentions in no way converts mass to energy, that would require a nuclear reactor.
    There have been plenty of devices like the OPs claimed to have been invented.
    None have ever been shown to work, and the inventors usually take off with the investors money shortly after it's handed over.

Pygmalion wrote: »
    That's why nowadays the more correct name is "Law of mass-energy conservation" (or something similar) instead of "Law of energy conservation" (or something similar)

In nuclear reactions energy and mass can be converted back and forth, but making energy out of nothing is still impossible, so his statement that "you cant create free energy" still holds.

And no, the device the OP mentions in no way converts mass to energy, that would require a nuclear reactor.
    There have been plenty of devices like the OPs claimed to have been invented.
    None have ever been shown to work, and the inventors usually take off with the investors money shortly after it's handed over.

As i dont have further knowledge to add to your post or refute it, i shall simply reply with a

"YORE MA!!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Jeebus wrote: »
    E=mc^2.

You're all ****ed now !

I divide by zero

Ha!

Lisa, get in here!

eheh

In this house we obey the laws of THERMODYNAMICS!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Physics: 1
    wudangclan: 0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

"Flux capacitor" reminds me of that Busted 'Year 3000' song...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Energy can't be created out of nothing, after a suitable meal , i can convert that through my arse into a super charged energy that could power a rocket ship, working on how to harness the awesome power.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

If you position magnets properly arround the ESB Meter you can stop it from turning / free energy*

*Considered stealing, be prepared for having a can of judge on your ass if caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

If there was free electricity, I think we'd need to let this guy know..

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

As i dont have further knowledge to add to your post or refute it, i shall simply reply with a

"YORE MA!!"

Bad snyper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭994

It says it can generate "24 kilowatts a day" ... unit fail.

(kilowatt = 1000 joules per second, so this means "24,000 joules per second per day", which is meaningless)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

maherro wrote: »

Beat me to it.

The saying that it's too good to be true always applies.

Advertisement