Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arctic Monkeys coming to the O2

Options
  • 07-09-2009 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Unbelievable news! 26th November!! I've been waiting for this for years!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Mr Maroon

I'm there! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

they only play 4 songs off their first album on this tour. they are completely abandoning it on this tour

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

it is the humbug album so wat ya expect??

• Registered Users Posts: 43 A Fine Gent

Only four songs? :eek:
    I heard humbug isnt even that great?
    But ill be there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Only four songs? :eek:
    I heard humbug isnt even that great?
    But ill be there ;)

You'll be there and you havent bothered to pick up their album?

• Advertisement

jackncoke wrote: »
    You'll be there and you havent bothered to pick up their album?
    Yeah, ive listened to alot of the songs on youtube and its not really a scratch off Whatver.............. Im Not
    But thats my opinion, I like the fast drum beats and talking about their mischievous youth as im at that stage of my life

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Yeah, ive listened to alot of the songs on youtube and its not really a scratch off Whatver.............. Im Not
    But thats my opinion, I like the fast drum beats and talking about their mischievous youth as im at that stage of my life

Well you might be dissapointed if you see them live this november as they will no doubt be promoting the new album.

Well you might be dissapointed if you see them live this november as they will no doubt be promoting the new album.
    I like to support bands that i like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭R.Shackleford

cant wait!!! :D

I like to support bands that i like

Get their album so

• Advertisement

Get their album so
    I might with my junior cert money:)

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BornToRun88

they only play 4 songs off their first album on this tour. they are completely abandoning it on this tour

only 4 songs off whatever people say i am, that's disappointing if it's true. i hope ur not just judging the set list at the reading and leeds festival alone, bands do tend to have different set lists for festivals compared to regular concerts.

I have been looking forward to see them since malahide in 07, they were so brillant. one of the best gigs i ever went to. humbug deserves more respect than it is getting at the moment, a smooth and mature sounding record. Crying Lightning is gonna be great live! i hope their set list is different from reading/leeds, where they didn't play Mardy Bum:mad:

does any one know if they play tracks from favorite worst nightmare?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Mr Maroon

Is anyone else trying the early tickets thing where you registered on the Arctic Monkeys site?

Nothing seems to be happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Anyone willing to offload an unwanted priority tickets passcode on myself? I'm not an o2 customer.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭FeistyOneYouAre

Anyone have problems with ticketmaster today?! I couldnt use a visa card on it. Was nearly about to start crying. Twas alright though cos easons sell them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭chalad07

I saw these guys in NYC twice about a month ago. Once was as part of a big festival, which to be honest wasnt great. Two days later I saw them in a small club venue, and it was fantastic. Really one of the best gigs i've ever been to. Maybe i could have done with a couple more songs from the 1st/2nd albums, but it was still great. The 3rd album had only just leaked, so i didnt really know the songs.

Anyway, i'd imagine this will be a great gig.

Has the support been announced yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

chalad07 wrote: »
    I saw these guys in NYC twice about a month ago. Once was as part of a big festival, which to be honest wasnt great. Two days later I saw them in a small club venue, and it was fantastic. Really one of the best gigs i've ever been to. Maybe i could have done with a couple more songs from the 1st/2nd albums, but it was still great. The 3rd album had only just leaked, so i didnt really know the songs.

Anyway, i'd imagine this will be a great gig.

Has the support been announced yet?

Heard it was meant to be eagles of death metal, anyone else hear this?

Heard it was meant to be eagles of death metal, anyone else hear this?

It is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

It is

Nice, better get myself some tickets then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

got three tickets!!

i think the standing is sold out now though thank god i got mine. anyone else hear this?? cant seem to get them anymore on tm but seating is still available

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 MegaAwesomeOne

I wonder will the add another date in Ireland ? I was lookin on Ticketmaster for tickets and all i could get was right at the back :(

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭ConmanTheKiller

Got my standing ticket yesterday. :D

Can`t wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

Any1 know the setlist for the tour??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭MMD

Kettle316 wrote: »
    Any1 know the setlist for the tour??

check it out on setlistfm.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Setlist from Nippon Budokan, Tokyo

Dance Little Liar
    Brianstorm
    This House Is A Circus
    Still Take You Home
    The View From The Afternoon
    Cornerstone
    Potion Approaching
    Pretty Visitors
    Crying Lightning
    Sketchead
    I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor
    Dangerous Animals
    Secret Door
    My Propeller
    Red Right Hand (Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds cover)
    Do Me A Favour
    Fluorescent Adolescent
    The Jeweller's Hands

Encore:
    If You Were There, Beware

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

exiot wrote: »
    Setlist from Nippon Budokan, Tokyo

Dance Little Liar
    Brianstorm
    This House Is A Circus
    Still Take You Home
    The View From The Afternoon
    Cornerstone
    Potion Approaching
    Pretty Visitors
    Crying Lightning
    Sketchead
    I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor
    Dangerous Animals
    Secret Door
    My Propeller
    Red Right Hand (Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds cover)
    Do Me A Favour
    Fluorescent Adolescent
    The Jeweller's Hands

Encore:
    If You Were There, Beware
    the setlist looks poor to be fair. they are one of my favourite bands but to only play 3 songs of the first album. thats ridiculous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 manofthemoment

Anyone know what time this will actually start at? I'd like to go if I can make it after work.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BornToRun88

no mardy bum is a joke. they got booed in Reading in August for not playing enuf 1st/2nd album material

im not mad about the new album, a half good album, i think they sold out so they would have a more american sound and so to speak break the american market. cornerstone is their best song yet i have to admit though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

no mardy bum is a joke. they got booed in Reading in August for not playing enuf 1st/2nd album material

im not mad about the new album, a half good album, i think they sold out so they would have a more american sound and so to speak break the american market. cornerstone is their best song yet i have to admit though

Humbug, an american sound?? Cannot hear that for the life of me to be honest. Its just different from the 2nd, like the 2nd was different from the 1st.

I think its a great album, if people want to hear more songs like the 1st album, go listen to the 1st album. Theyre maturing, they cant be singing about girls texting or drinking in bars forever.

Advertisement