Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan 350Z thoughts..

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Hookey

But the oldest UK spec 350Zs are at most four-five years old, and the thing about interior build quality stands; thanks to premium German companies Europeans have a higher expectation of interior build-quality, and actually, European-built Japanese cars usually have a higher standard of fit and finish than their Japanese equivalents (the Sunderland Nissan plant for instance builds the best finished cars in the whole company). You may be right about standards of older second-hand grey imports, but new European spec Jap cars are almost always better made, no matter which plant in the world they come from.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

galwaytt wrote: »
    ...if you're worried about running costs: tax, insurance, fuel, you don't any of the cars mentioned, you need a Micra.

I love the Z, but the two-seats only confines it to one step beyond useless for me. I'd say on balance, the extra tax etc is offset by the better economy compared to the RX-8, so it'll be much of a muchness, really.

But you'd need to use it to get value. If it's going to spend a lot of time parked, the Eur 1500+pa. will really, really annoy you. I have an MX-5 that's a lot cheaper, and irks for that reason. That's why I don't mind the tax on the 968 so much - gets used everyday, and the 2 small people fit in the back. I'll never need 3 seats in the rear - damhik.............

The Z sounds great. In the right colour - say, electric met blue - it's a stunner.

I'll get one, eventually. But I'll probably end up with an RX before that, though !

Oh, and as for the 'in a year' it'll be unsaleble - if that's what drives your choice of car..........see the first sentence. Whatever these things we desire, are......they ain't transport........

"if you're worried about running costs: tax, insurance, fuel, you don't any of the cars mentioned, you need a Micra." ..... what???!!! :rolleyes:

I dont recall saying that those factors are a worry for me, but surely if they were there would be other classes of cars inbetween micras and 350z's??

Also, surely worrying about the re-saleability of a car is a common and high enough ranking factor of consideration - reasonable enough I would have have though when it comes to buying a car

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

you're misinterprating what I said.

With cars of this ilk, in this financial climate, with fuel cost skyrocketing, and more taxes in the pipeline, you need to assume the worst. That is, that it will be expensive. That it will be limiting in it's usefulness. That it's of limited appeal to most people.

Those factors will have a great influence on the likely resale value. So, rather than get deflated then, after the money is gone, gird your loins for the worst-case-scenario now, and then see if it's still what you want. Worst-case scenario is that you can't sell it at all, best case is at a big loss. Think sterling prices - and less (without VRT).

Unfortunately, the issues that affect your purchase are actually mostly nothing to do with the car itself............unfortunately.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Ronanom

I've just put my 350GT up for sale. Had it for nearly a year and enjoy every minute of driving it. Unfortunately, getting made redundant a week before xmas means it has to find a new home.
    I had originally considered a 350z but for practicle reasons I went for the GT for the back seats and the rarity of them.
    Exact same engine / parts etc as the Z but looks better imho.

Advertisement