Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

For sale, wanted and swaps (post here only or your thread will be deleted)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Beer Assistant

Local Ford Main dealer/parts dept says they cant be got anymore so if anyone has one or knows of one let me know thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Gretts_40oz, you have a classic there so moved to Classic wanted thread. Hopefully one of the guys in here will know more about those rads.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Beer Assistant

biko wrote: »
    Gretts_40oz, you have a classic there so moved to Classic wanted thread. Hopefully one of the guys in here will know more about those rads.

thanks wasn't aware of this section.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Local Ford Main dealer/parts dept says they cant be got anymore so if anyone has one or knows of one let me know thanks.

..........cant you get the old one recored ??

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭mattroche

I am looking for a front bumper for a 1976 Mercedes 350 SL ( R107 ). Does anyone know where I could get one. This is for a club member who does not have a computer. Must be in very GOOD condition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Xenophile wrote: »
    Wanted : 5 # 180/65 HR 390 Michelin X or TRX Tyres, New or in Good condition to suit 1983 Saab. Private message me please, or if you have information feel free to post here.

Was able to locate 4 part worn tyres. I bought them on the internet through Ebay........"save_on_tyres_direct"...............seems to be a few companies operating under this name. Even though they say they do not ship to Ireland if you call them they will put a carriage charge on the item while you are talking to them and you can buy on the spot using paypal. If you need them you can call them on 00 44 1392 203051.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lunase

Hi, my father collected and repaired classic cars.
    This year he closed this garage, and now I want to sell the Rims that are new and unused.

1st. picture shows the 15,5 x 5 (8 pcs. left, NEW & Boxed)

2nd. picture shows the 15,5 x 4,5 (11 pcs left, NEW & Boxed)

3rd. picture shows the 15 x 8 (7 pcs left, NEW & Boxed)

I can tell you what is on the box:

1st: 15x5,5, offset 14mm, hul-5, PCD 5-108
    2nd: 15x4,5, offset 38mm, hul-5, PCD 5-114-3
    3rd: 15x8, offset 4.25", hul-5, PCD 5-5.0

How much do they worth? Anybody interested?

3255041uqrmr.jpeg

3254968diolv.jpeg

3257132b9py1.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 29 OneCheque

Hi,

I'm looking for the carpet / fabric piece covering rear bulkhead in Mercedes SLC (irregular rectangular shape). Good condition needed. It's glued on but should be easy enough to remove.

Floor carpets are to thick and not good enough for my purpose.

Colour needed: blue / dark blue.

The car is from 1978. I guess carpet colours were not changed much during production period, so any year would do.

Alternatively, can anyone please point me to a company offering carpets / fabric in Mercedes colours?

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭unfit2006

Lads,

Doing a bit of a clear out today and I came across a Ford V4 Essex engine that we took out of a Capri 2.0 GT XLR back in the mid-seventies. The engine was running well when removed from the Capri but has been lying up in the garage ever since.
    Would anybody be interested in it for a Capri/Corsair/Transit/Zepher restoration.
    Any reasonable offer secures.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

Might be selling my Mazda MX5 92 mark 1.....all original!

PM me if you interested

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

1979 Mark 5 Ford Cortina for sale in very good condition inside and out.

NCT Exempt and taxed until March 2014.

UK MOT only ran out late last year, with very little mileage since last tested.

67000 miles, 1.6 pinto 4 speed box,
    Midnight blue in colour.

Very original condition on Ford Steel Wheels in reasonable condition.

Bodywork in very good order, interior is excellent also, car needs no work done to it whatsoever. Sit in and drive.

MOTs back to the 1980s,

Original bill of sale and all owner manuals in dealer folder.

http://www.adverts.ie/vintage-classic/1979...d7f5-1390303861

IMG_0582_zps5ce8f748.jpg

Can get more photos if anyone is interested.

Price: €2850 ono

No Swaps/Part Ex Please.

PM Me here or on Adverts if anyone is interested

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭74merc

OneCheque wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking for the carpet / fabric piece covering rear bulkhead in Mercedes SLC (irregular rectangular shape). Good condition needed. It's glued on but should be easy enough to remove.

Floor carpets are to thick and not good enough for my purpose.

Colour needed: blue / dark blue.

The car is from 1978. I guess carpet colours were not changed much during production period, so any year would do.

Alternatively, can anyone please point me to a company offering carpets / fabric in Mercedes colours?

Thank you

Try www.cabrio.de.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭pryantcc

mattroche wrote: »
    I am looking for a front bumper for a 1976 Mercedes 350 SL ( R107 ). Does anyone know where I could get one. This is for a club member who does not have a computer. Must be in very GOOD condition.

This guy on Ebay is making stainless ones. Do any suit your car?
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_osacat=0&_armrs=1&_ssn=groupharrington&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR10.TRC0.A0.Xmercedes&_nkw=mercedes&_sacat=0&_from=R40

• Registered Users Posts: 65,226 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Your link is not working, deadeye187

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭SilverBell

mattroche wrote: »

Hi Matt,
    Try Dave Collins Classic Mercedes Parts
    Brighouse W Yorks

tel: 07710 672986 retrodave111@aol.com

nice chap and will help you if he can.
    Gerard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

shineon23 wrote: »
    1979 Mark 5 Ford Cortina for sale in very good condition inside and out.

PM Me here or on Adverts if anyone is interested

SOLD!

sold to first viewer!

Silver Bell, Gerard, thank you for Dave Collins details, I did phone him, but he did not have very much for R 107. However, he has quite a lot of parts for various models, I will keep his details, so I can call on him again.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭HiKite

Hi folks, this is mine: CITROËN BX GTi 8v It's a class car but I need an estate so I can bring my dogs to the beach etc. and the BX is way too good for that. €1800 with €50 back for luck is the firm price. Thanks!
    03423267-583F-4703-8576-4C23530DE676-3289-0000022B7C572591_zps7f3dc809.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭greendragon3

hi all , sadly due to lack of space and funds we have reluctantly decided to sell the dodge hearse ,
    its a 49' dodge b2b flat 6 petrol engine with a three speed gearbox ,
    the engine was dry seized when we got it but we managed to free it out but haven't got around to getting it actually running ( shouldn't take much as there is good compression and everything is present )

it would be a very interesting project for someone whether they decide to restore it back to a hears or make it back into a pick up is up to them ,
    it is right hand drive and has all the paperwork present , it is currently declared off the road , we are open to any reasonable offer's ( but no daft ones ! )
    we are not trying to rob anyone so anything within reason will be considered ,
    you can contact me on 0877437783 or pm me and i will get back to you if you are genuinely interested , its in the north leitrim area , some pictures ,
    DSC01887.jpg
    DSC01885.jpg
    DSC01884.jpg
    DSC01883.jpg
    DSC01888.jpg
    DSC01889.jpg
    DSC01890.jpg
    newbeast031.jpg
    newbeast032.jpg
    newbeast035.jpg
    newbeast036.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8 timetraveler

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

HiKite wrote: »
    Hi folks, this is mine: CITROËN BX GTi 8v
    That looks like a really good one, I remember admiring it when it was last for sale. Has it had much work during your ownership?

Hi there, just a new alternator. I have new HT leads to pop in as well. I also brought it for a EUR150 Citroen garage service to make sure everything was fine. Next service it'll need one of the ball-joints (I suppose both of them then) but besides that, it's in very good condition mechanically and the suspension works a treat. The mechanic who serviced it wanted to buy it but I hadn't thought of selling it at the time. This timing is off for him now, sods law. :)

There are some extra photos on here: BX
    Anan1 wrote: »
    That looks like a really good one, I remember admiring it when it was last for sale. Has it had much work during your ownership?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 symbol1

looking to buy a really good BMW e30 316/318/320 .

But have selling Saab 9-3 07 ( new shape ) low milage just passed NCT and Tax .
    Spent €700 on a service to make it like new

Will by BMW when Saab is sold .

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Justjens

Morris Marina estate 1979 orig Irish reg, been abandoned outside nursing home in Mullingar for a number of years, a topic of conversation in Abandoned Classics a few years ago, page 64.

It's suitable for parts if anyone would care to take it, 1300 cc and a flyer in it's day, according to the last careful one lady owner.

It will be removed to crusher in the next few days if there's no interest, I had to ask:rolleyes: would have felt guilty if I hadn't.

I've decided to tax and drive the BX for another 3 months; the timing on the next car becoming available and this car selling isn't working out. Also, January isn't a good month for selling cars! It'll be up for sale against the end of April, so let me know if you're interested.
    Anan1 wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 9 neverweaken

My Mk2 Scirocco Storm for sale.
    €1,600 NO OFFERS
    Full details on link below.
    http://www.autostadt.ie/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=9134
    More photos
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/113181961@N02/

12072104714_207e35d898_c.jpg
    12169405775_79448a98c5_c.jpg
    12170089536_f1ab6ce6f8_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Carson10

Hoping to sell my classic car to a buyer this weekend. In terms of sale what should I do? Keep the brown log book and forward to shannon myself.

The car is taxed, nct'd and insured. so should he buy it, should I cancel my insurance straight away, get a copy of his license, and sign a page to show date and time of sale for my own safety and records?

• Advertisement

CARSON 10. If you sell your car, fill in form RF200, ( pre 1993 Reg. Cars ) which has both your & the buyers details, and both of you sign it. Make sure that the buyers details are the same as his driving licence. Put his name in the brown tax book. YOU, send both to the Motor Tax office of the county which HE lives, NOT Shannon, do NOT give him the Tax Book. Make out an Invoice, with details of the car, and the price. Add, at the bottom that the car has been inspected, tried, and approved, and as it is XX years old, it is being sold as seen, with all faults and imperfections, with no guarantee given or implied. Both of you sign it, give him the original, and you keep a copy. Insist that he had his own insurance on the car before you hand it over to him, because if he has a accident, you MAY be held liable as being the last person to have the car insured. I hope this answer your concerns, and good luck with the sale.

Advertisement