Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cant get past first screen on vista!

Options
  • 04-09-2009 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I'm looking for some advise, i think I have a virus but not sure!
    When i turn on the PC (vista) It begins to start up and when I get to the the first blue/green vista screen with the icon for my account on it but it then restarts before I can pick the icon and teh PC restarts all over again, and again.
    At the "Compaq screen" I went through all the F10/F5 system recovery screens tried safe mode but haven't got anywhere.
    I'd appreciate any help.
    Regards
    Not a techi

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭R3al

Sounds like it might be a corrupt boot or system file, this may be caused by a virus but can also be caused when installing new hardware or software or a windows update may be causing the reboot cycle.

You should click in f8 to go to the boot options menu, and select stop Automatic restart on errors you should then be able to see the error message before it reboots the next time. post the error message or code here

Also if you think it is a virus you might try running ccleaner and then mbam in safe mode

Also Vista has a recovery option in the F8 boot options menu which allows you to repair your start up files, you can try this also if safe mode doesnt return any viruses

Advertisement