Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WestWood RANT

Options
  • 03-09-2009 12:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Not so much of a rant, just venting my frustration.

I arrived home last week after being away travelling for the past year. Prior to this I was a member of WW for 6 (thats right SIX long years).

So I went up there today to renew my membership only to find that they have increased the monthly rate by €5 (I know it's not that much but be honest, it all adds up) and that they wanted to charge me a joining fee.

I'd expect after 6 years of loyal membership that I'd be able to walk back in free, gratis and for nothing. How wrong I was. The "salesperson" was oh so apologetic and offered to put me in on the student rate if I paid a smaller joining fee.
    When I said no, I'm not interested I'll go to your competitor thanks. I was told: "Ok, hope to see you back again sometime".
    Absolutly ridiculous customer service, never mind the lousy sales technique!!

Now that thats off my chest.
    Can anyone recommend a decent gym in the Stillorgan area besides Total Fitness?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

i would have asked to speak with the manager, that is ridiculous after 6 yrs, its obvious you are a keen gym user so you probably be joined for long term again! Idiots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

westwood clontarf is going downhill, s its getting quite dirty and the toilets are rank,also they are trying to add fees onto accounts when the person direct debit fails - the bank charges you a fee but westwood shouldn't as there is no charge to them, how true this is i dont know - was told that by a fellow member, a lot of people getting disgruntled with this place,thinking about joining somewhere else myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 therichmeister

Do you know what, I just wasn't bothered. I'm fairly familiar with what Westwood constitutes as fair and proper customer service and I'm sure management would have told me the same thing.
    It's absolutely ridiculous. I'll be pumping my money into another gym now, and actively getting people to change... as soon as I find a decent one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

www.bhaf.ie in sandyford

Advertisement