Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Im making Fsx Irish Airports

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭fsxirishscenery

Hey fsxirishscenery,

As promised, I have some pictures here I took of Cork airport when I was up there on Wednesday, they may not be great but I hope they come in handy somehow! Sadly, we took off from runway 35 so we did not taxi past the cargo buildings, and so I only have shots of some of the cargo buildings taken from a distance :( I have put them all in a .rar file that I uploaded on Mediafire. Also, I recorded the taxi and takeoff in hd on my camcorder while I was taking the pictures, so when I have it uploaded on YouTube I will let you know, I recorded the terminal building and the old one so you may find that useful as well :)

You can find the rar file with the shots at http://www.mediafire.com/?nmnyxy4wmnn

Ye legend! Goodman yourself these will surely come in handy! Hope the flight went well!

Hey everybody,

Attatched is a picture of the airport diagram for Cork. Tiring stuff, right now im making the car park and as you can see roads have been added around the airport, and all the small tracks leading to the vor etc. have been added just as in the real Cork Airport. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Sepulchrave

Looking great keep up the good work!

The terminal is coming along nicely! :rolleyes:

I'll attatch a picture soon!

Ive posted a picture of the terminal on my website :)

• Advertisement

Ive posted a picture of the terminal on my website :)

Excellent work! Well done! Keep it up I can't wait to see the finished product!

Is this attatchment looking nice so far? :)

That's an even better shot well done! Like the side boarding gate! Can't wait to see the front boarding gates when they are done!

Some pictures uploaded to the site on the Cork Airport page, (3 new pics at the bottom of the page)

All the gates have been added, but one still needs to be completed (theres a sort of extension coming out of it)

Hope ye all like it so far! :)

Even more impressive! It is really coming together, well done indeed keep it up!

• Advertisement

Even more impressive! It is really coming together, well done indeed keep it up!

Thanks! Ive started the aer lingus cargo buiding now, taking a break from the main terminal for a while! :D

I'll post some pics soon!

Hi everybody, I have completed the Aer Lingus Cargo building for Cork Airport! :D I'll post a pic when I get the chance

Hey everybody I need to ask a very important question to everybody, when I was testing Cork Airport I discovered that a lot of buidings would not show up on a different computer, so I need to know if anybody had any similar problems with Kilkenny? Is there any objects missing? Like the static planes, the picnic tables or any hangars? Any cars missing?

It should look the picture in the attatchment

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

never had a problem with it everything showed up

andy_g wrote: »
    never had a problem with it everything showed up

Ok do you mind being a beta tester for Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Hey it all showed up just as the picture, i'm running fsx Acceleration

sorry i just noticed that the two benches and prefab building are missing, running at full spec

I'm running a Core i7 3.2Ghz and an ATI Radeon 4870x2, so I have FSX at mostly full settings, I actually never noticed any benches so I will take a closer look when I get home from university.

I would also be willing to beta test Cork, I live in Cork and know the airport well :P I beta tested the IFSD Dublin scenery some years back (I can't believe such an amount of time has past it seems like yesterday!)

Hi everybody, can anybody with utx post some top down pictures of the roads around Cork Airport? There will be 2 versions, one without my roads and one with my roads, depending on whether you have utx! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,490 ✭✭✭Killinator

Is there any plans to do Shannon, it seems that nowhere does it for fs2004 or fsx

• Advertisement

Killinator wrote: »
    Is there any plans to do Shannon, it seems that nowhere does it for fs2004 or fsx

No afraid not at the moment, sorry. But there are a few afcads made that update aprons and parking spots etc.

Try this one from Alpha India:
    http://www.alpha-india.net/aigfiles/Afcads/FSX%20Afcads/aig_einn_shannon_mb_fsx_default.zip
    :cool:

Its actually very nice, puts in a carpark and roads and extra buidings!

Some news for ye

Work is going on slowly at the moment because of studies etc :(
    So far I have added a new building to Cork, the one that TNT use, and I have improved the roads etc around the airport.

Also, some of ye might have heard of this Knock scenery by a guy from Switzerland for fs9.
    We have teamed up together to finish this off, and all going well I will convert it to work in fsx when completed.

Oh and I sent an email to Aerosoft asking about AES :D

Regards,
    Cian

Sounds great! Good work keep it up!

Hi everybody,

I'm halfway through the old terminal building, cargo buildings are completed except one, and ive started making 3d papi lights, one of them completed. I'm also planning on doing 3d approach lights.

It will also feature a custom apron, custom runways, and all those default buildings in some of the pictures I posted will be replaced by ones completely modeled in gmax, and look like their real life counterpart.

Also, there will be detailed light nighting, like apron lights. I will eventually get my custom gates to be animated.

At this stage, I think I might release it as payware, so I will be putting better textures and much more details into the buildings. There will be 3D cars in the car parks.

It will also be likely to be AES compatible, just waiting for an email back from them!

Cheers,
    Cian

Wow Cian that's some list... good luck, if you need anything give me a shout:D don't forget you'll need some protection if you plan on making it payware, but big thumbs up from me :cool:

Shane_ef wrote: »
    Wow Cian that's some list... good luck, if you need anything give me a shout:D don't forget you'll need some protection if you plan on making it payware, but big thumbs up from me :cool:

Thanks Shane.
    Hopefully all will work out.
    Oh God dont remind me about torrents.... :mad: I'll look into that, don't know much to be honest about protecting software, maybe i'll create an installer which requires a password.
    Any thoughts?

Cian

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭TW Mr Tayto

Thanks Shane.
    Hopefully all will work out.
    Oh God dont remind me about torrents.... :mad: I'll look into that, don't know much to be honest about protecting software, maybe i'll create an installer which requires a password.
    Any thoughts?

Cian

That's a good idea, but what's to stop people giving the password with the torrent?

How about giving us fellow Vateir guys a little discount, Mr Cian O Riordan? xD :P

That's a good idea, but what's to stop people giving the password with the torrent?

How about giving us fellow Vateir guys a little discount, Mr Cian O Riordan? xD :P

Hmm thats a big question about the discount!

About the dam torrenting, yeah i'll have to come up with something better, but I don't know how :p

Some better pictures:

2009-11-17_19-33-43-809.jpg

2009-11-17_19-36-0-301.jpg

2009-11-17_19-38-5-272.jpg

2009-11-17_19-38-54-336.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I've no problem with this thread discussing the designing of Irish Airports. If it becomes payware, and this thread ends up being an ad, it will be locked. I've already banned one person for doing the same this week.

To the OP, fair play, excellent job and all that, just do me a favour, it it does become payware, link to a site where it is for sale once in the thread, and perhaps in your sig as a permenant redirect.

• Advertisement

I've no problem with this thread discussing the designing of Irish Airports. If it becomes payware, and this thread ends up being an ad, it will be locked. I've already banned one person for doing the same this week.

To the OP, fair play, excellent job and all that, just do me a favour, it it does become payware, link to a site where it is for sale once in the thread, and perhaps in your sig as a permenant redirect.

No prob, so what have I been doing wrong, and can I post updates and pics?
    Putting the link in my sig now
    Cian

Advertisement