Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White lies

Options
  • 30-08-2009 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

hey all,
    Just wondering if anyone else are into this band.
    I think i'm about to wear out there new album i've listened to it so much. There supporting coldplay at the moment. Unfortunetly they have extended there uk tour to play over here... so i'm going over there!!
    any thoughts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Jenroche

They're not bad....but they're trying too hard to be Joy Division. ;)

Jen ;->

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭shell022

to b honest i'm really not familiar with joy divisions music.. maybe i should check it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

They're probably a more clean cut, radio friendly version of Joy Division. They're ok, I got the album. Decent enough, but I still prefer Editors.

The editors.. now your talking.. have you heard there new stuff. sounds amazing. Tried to get tickets for them in the oylimpia but they went like hot cakes.. gutted is an understatement. funny when my friend first play white lies to me the first thing i said was there kinda editorsy..

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭pistonsvox

Love em. So good went to see em twice at glasto and went upstage to see em at oxegen. Nice lads. Really tight sound, only thing is he goes flat alot when singing live, tough to control the deep singing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 iGotAquestion

they are decent enough!.. hated them when i heard them first but their songs grew on me after a few listens!.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭pistonsvox

Good dancefllor tunes, some great remixes out there. yuksek does one:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

shell022 wrote: »
    The editors.. now your talking.. have you heard there new stuff. sounds amazing. Tried to get tickets for them in the oylimpia but they went like hot cakes.. gutted is an understatement. funny when my friend first play white lies to me the first thing i said was there kinda editorsy..

Ha I played them to my friend too and his words were "Man they are SO LIKE Editors!!" :D
    Yeah I missed out on getting tickets to them playing here in Limerick....so pissed off about it....hopefully I can get my hands on tickets, never thought I'd see them playin here!

Just looked up ticketmaster. didn't even know they where playing in limerick. i'm so so tempted to go to england to see them. i used to live in wolverhampton and there playing there. can get over and back and ticket pretty cheaply. got all my white lies stuff for 65 euro..

• Registered Users Posts: 27 justsayit

White Lies are great.
    To Lose My Life.. is an amazing album.

Gutted I can't see them live, I'd love to go over to England and see them!

• Advertisement

Justsayit - i paid €65 for flights and the ticket to see them in birmingham. Can't really go wrong with that. I'll get some cheap accom for the night so its pretty doable. There supporting coldplay next week or the week after. Gutted they'll be like down the road and i can't even see them.

Completely agree that the album is amazing. I have it on a constant repeat. Just hope i don't get sick of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

They're brilliant live. I saw them at Oxegen and they were definitely one of the highlights.

oh really. thats cool. Ugh i have to wait till decemeber to see them though..

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭trilo

I've seen them twice this year. The are great live :)

Enjoy the December gig.

I LOVE White Lies..
    To Lose My Life.. was the best album I've gotten this year I think!

Gutted I'm not going to see them,
    stupid leaving cert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mattfender

I think my white lies buzz will never end. dyin to see em for a 5th time:(
    Best show of theres ive seen is the 2nd gig they did at glasto this yr in the john peel tent. Sound was amazing. Such a good engineer. And band of course:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Bugg

Cant seem to find any place to get tickets to see them in Cork, are they sold out? There is a date listed on their official website and http://www.last.fm/event/1215741+Neon+Indian They aren't listed on ticketmaster.

aw man, how did i not know they where playing in cork. i'm moving there on sat. PM me if you finid tickets..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,640 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I saw them at Oxegen and thought they were excellent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mattfender

that chap in the DBS ad all over the net... I keep thinking its Harry! But why would white lies singer be going to dbs...loike...roysh?

• Advertisement

I am actually so delighted they're playing in Cork!

Anyone know about getting tickets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 CosmicLove

I saw White Lies in February when they were supproting Snow Patrol in the the o2. What a band!
    & the irony is I don't really like Editors or Joy Division yet I love them xD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

If the editors and the killers had a baby it would be white lies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Deirdre93

I saw on their website as well that they were in cork on teh 10/12 but the opera house have jason byrne on that day. Does anyone know if theyre actually coming and if so, where do i get tickets??
    I saw them open for snow patrol in feb last year and they were amazing, would love to see them again!
    Please help.

If the editors and the killers had a baby it would be white lies

prefectly said!! only 2 months left and i get to see them in england...although that cork date is still bugging me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Deirdre93 wrote: »
    I saw on their website as well that they were in cork on teh 10/12 but the opera house have jason byrne on that day. Does anyone know if theyre actually coming and if so, where do i get tickets??
    I saw them open for snow patrol in feb last year and they were amazing, would love to see them again!
    Please help.

Wondering about tickets myself. But from what i can make out they are playing in the Savoy because Neon Indian is confirmed to support them and he has the Savoy down as the venue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭The Hustler

Live @ The Academy, Dublin 9th December :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Live @ The Academy, Dublin 9th December :D

Excellent I really liek the Academy its a great venue.

hmm, i'm confused. so. neither cork or dublin are appearing on ticketmaster. the dublin date is also not showing up on the acadamy website and i haven't looked up the one for cork yet. when i click on book tickets on their site it brings me straight to ticketmaster but for the belfast gig... any ideas anyone.. if i got the dublin and cork tickets that would be 3 white lies gigs in 5 days.. sweet!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭gleesonger

Ye I know its damn wierd I saw it on the gig listing on their website yonks ago just figured that it wasn't yet fully confirmed\too early to announce tickets!!Went looking again and same score!!!

Just got the band email:
    "09 Dec 2009 Academy, Dublin >" , "> = Support from The Kissaway Trail."

Academy Website:
    "Wed 09 Dec 2009 HAR MAR SUPERSTAR"

???????

Advertisement