Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity medicine

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭flerb22

There is a certain anatomy lecturer with anger management issues.
    DO NOT TALK IN ANY OF HIS LECTURES

i assume ur talking about nick. he takes salsa dancing lessons (its true, ask him about it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Audie

I'd say he's an awesome dancer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

flerb22 wrote: »
    i assume ur talking about nick. he takes salsa dancing lessons (its true, ask him about it)

We digress

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Plug-me-in

A Neurotic wrote: »

Looks like we'll have to prey on the overflow of females in second year then :p

They'd love it, definately do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Plug-me-in

Oh also, I presume everyone is going to the Biosoc pub crawl??? Firsties, I definately recommend it, it's a great way to ge to know others in your year and the older years!!!

Starting at 8 at the pav on Thursday, spread the word!!!!

• Advertisement

higgins organised the pub crawl, if you dont get any of the food, ask one of the 4th meds to point towards him and ask why he didnt order more

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

> Didn't get any food on the pub crawl. Shocked and disappointed :P

> Couldn't register yesterday because my GP was halfassed about my blood test results and neglected to include my Hep C result :mad: I'll have to wait until next week sometime to register, which annoys me...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Yeah, I couldn't register either.:mad::mad:

Got my blood tests down a little later than everyone else, so my HepC result's not ready yet.

Do y'all know what this means? NO INTERNET IN HALLS YET ><

Honestly, dont worry about the blood tests.
    I worried so much about them last year that I even started a thread on boards.
    The school of medicine will take halfassed GP's and late entrants into account.
    I dont think they stopped anybody from registering last year for late blood test results.

Ah no, I'm not at'all worried like. I got in on a late offer, so they just haven't got my results back or some****.
    I had tests done for UCD, I'm pretty damn sure I'm HepC free. ;)

I'm just kind of annoyed, because I sorta want internet access from halls like!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I had a walk of shame yesterday through TCD and saw all the people queueing for medicine and I glared at you all. Hope you noticed. :pac:

One of my dissection group got a squirt of bodily fluids into and around his mouth. I laughed til I cried, then I left to almost get sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

One of my dissection group got a squirt of bodily fluids into and around his mouth. I laughed til I cried, because they were MINE.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

One of my dissection group got a squirt of bodily fluids into and around his mouth. I laughed til I cried, then I left to almost get sick.

It will happen to you...

direct quote from a conversation between prof crowley (obs and gynae) and a tcd med who will remain nameless:

prof: "if you are doing a hysterectomy why would you leave he ovaries in?"
    student: "erm...in case she wanted to get pregnant?"
    prof: "thats the stupidest thing you've said all week!!"
    student: "well what about...IVF..."
    prof: "WHERE WOULD THEY PUT THE BABY? IN THE DAD?!!!?"

Was anyone else at the Dean's Dinner? Free food and drink, what's not to love!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Shame you guys got the fish, we got tasty chicken back at our Commons...

Did you get the Guinness?

I was at a Med Day meeting so I missed the dinner, but whatevz, it's going to be an awesome day/ night by the sounds of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

This is a bit off-topic but this was the most relevant thread I found...does anyone know just about how many places there are for medicine students each year throughout the country? I'm hoping to study medicine but it feels like every second person in the Leaving Cert boards want to study medicine and with that sort of competition I don't know if I'd be able to make it...Anyone here research this statistic before?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 oogyoop

Xx_emma_xX wrote: »
    This is a bit off-topic but this was the most relevant thread I found...does anyone know just about how many places there are for medicine students each year throughout the country? I'm hoping to study medicine but it feels like every second person in the Leaving Cert boards want to study medicine and with that sort of competition I don't know if I'd be able to make it...Anyone here research this statistic before?

This link should be useful http://www.tcd.ie/courses/undergraduate/az/course.php?id=187

In my own class, I think roughly 65 places were allocated to "EU students" (mostly Republic of and Northern Ireland) and I know that the number has increased dramatically over the last few years... That site is quoting 109 as the figure... I know the years below mine (4th) are somewhat larger, maybe that's the new figure.

~95 CAO applicants in my class (first year med)

Advertisement