Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Au-Pair in Limerick wants to meet people!

Options
  • 29-08-2009 11:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey guys!

Last week I came to Limerick and will be staying here for one year to work as an au-pair.
    I would love to meet some people maybe even other au-pairs and just hang out with them or go to pubs and things like that.

Please let me know if you would like to hang out with a german girl :)

hope to hear from you soon!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I know a good few Germans living in the city!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Hi M

You should drop into Doras Luimnai, they will be able to advise you on where to go and things to doin Limerick, whether it is to meet other people from Germany or to find your way around Limerick.

http://www.dorasluimni.org

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭mid

Hey guys!

Last week I came to Limerick and will be staying here for one year to work as an au-pair.
    I would love to meet some people maybe even other au-pairs and just hang out with them or go to pubs and things like that.

Please let me know if you would like to hang out with a german girl :)

hope to hear from you soon!

you should also check the UL forum (University of Limerick), its under EDU, as I think they're organising a meetup next week, well I'm not sure if its just for UL students or everyone..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 m_to_the_aike

mid wrote: »
    you should also check the UL forum (University of Limerick), its under EDU, as I think they're organising a meetup next week, well I'm not sure if its just for UL students or everyone..

how can i get more information about that? and what is "EDU". thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Well here's the thread. You should try to keep up on the thread if you're interested, because the date hasn't been fully decided yet.
    I don't think anyone'll really care that you're not a student.

EDU = Education section of Boards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭mid

how can i get more information about that? and what is "EDU". thank you

Edu (Education) is one of the categories at the top of the page

Direct link to UL forum:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=500

Have a look at the thread called '1st BULBS of the Year [BULBS = Boards UL Beers]', I don't have any more info as I'm just moving to Limerick this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Hey Maike!
    Welcome to the city!
    For meet ups, I see the gang over at couchsurfing.com are trying to organise a monthly Limerick meetup, some nice people on there, some lunatics, but soem nice people ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

You could always try the usual bebo/facepaty/myspace thing and get to know a few people from Limerick that way.

That way you can meet people with similar interests.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭mormank

i would have to recommend attending a class of some sort, perhaps something thats interests you....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Hi m_to_the_aike, I'd love to get in touch with you.
    I have numerous german friends after 4 years of university, and wouldnt mind meeting you for a chat.

PM if you are interested.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭The Bull O'Shea

Be warned as an au pair we assume you are a pretty little thing. You will encounter many pervs wanting to meet up with you ;):cool:

If you described yourself as an overweight nanny you probably would not receive as many Pm's as you no doubt have already

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Be warned as an au pair we assume you are a pretty little thing. You will encounter many pervs wanting to meet up with you ;):cool:

If you described yourself as an overweight nanny you probably would not receive as many Pm's as you no doubt have already

Such as, LOL

Mossin wrote: »
    Hi m_to_the_aike, I'd love to get in touch with you.
    I have numerous german friends after 4 years of university, and wouldnt mind meeting you for a chat.

PM if you are interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭The Bull O'Shea

jackncoke wrote: »
    Such as, LOL

Ha ha, exactly what I had in mind

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

Welcome to Limerick! I'm sure you will meet people no problem. If you are into a somewhat alternative scene I recommend Baker Place. It's quite near the bus station if you know where it is. Normally bands playing there and pretty nice people to meet too.
    Hope you enjoy your stay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 m_to_the_aike

thanks for all your replies. i am sure that some of them will be helpful.

thanks a lot :)

Advertisement