Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards UL Beers - 14th Sept, 7.30pm, Scholars

Options
  • 17-08-2009 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭

Its that time again! BEERS!!! :D

We aim to organise at least one Boards beers each semester, but we failed miserably last year!
    The year started off well enough, and we had a very good turnout, with loads of new people joining us for beers in the Sports Bar.
    These events are usually really good fun, and a great way to meet new people, and put faces to online persona's :)
    They are also the catalyst for much drunked schenanigans [sp?] just ask Bluedolphin about her foot :pac:

Edit by Peteee - Out of date waffling.

Btw, for people who are wary of meeting us, you can see what we look like in the who's who sticky at the top of the forum. Feel free to add your photos also, as its nice to put faces to names. [and it helps in the stalker thread...err I mean, the Today I saw thread :pac: ]

VENUE: Scholars/Javas (Beside the Spar shop in the courtyard)
    DATE: 14 Sept Monday Week 2
    TIME: 7.30pm

All Welcome!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Mossin wrote: »
    *waffle waffle waffle*...just ask Bluedolphin about her foot :pac: *followed by more waffle*

Leave my foot out of this. I blame Fast_Mover :D Actually, where is F_M?! She's not been on here in bajillions of longtime.

I'd prefer week 1 date, but I understand that's probably super busy for everyone with the amount of getting back/settling in things on. Atm, any night is good for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Lol, you have always blamed F_M for that incident! Time to take some responsibility I think :pac:

Where is she indeed though? Damn teacher is probably away enjoying her paid holidays :rolleyes:

Week 1 will be difficult to organise anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭not bakunin

wow, this sounds cool!

well, hopefully i should be joining you lot some time soon seeming as i just

ACCEPTED my offer........awwwwwwwwww yeaaah

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

I whole heartedly recommend the consumption of booze as suggested in this thread.

Great way to get to know people and for people to make fools out of themselves! Especially Mossin AKA resident alcholic!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

Ill do my best to be there :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

ah nothing like meeting a bunch of strangers from the internet.

especially those going back to do more college meaning they are well older than the first years.

not to name anyone in particular eh pete/dave? ;)

kaimera wrote: »
    ah nothing like meeting a bunch of strangers from the internet.

especially those going back to do more college meaning they are well older than the first years.

jealous much? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I can come along and moan about work and onkle banning me over on Motors:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

Gotta say, I went to the Sports Bar meet-up as a firsty who didn't know anyone and really enjoyed it. The boardsies are a nice bunch of people, and although I didn't see most of them after the initial meet-up, I'd be delighted to go again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Peteee wrote: »
    I whole heartedly recommend the consumption of booze as suggested in this thread.

Great way to get to know people and for people to make fools out of themselves! Especially Mossin AKA resident alcholic!

Its only been B_D who has damaged herself, and of course, lets not forget young CSON and his pink underwear :eek: Yes newbies, its true!
    ynwa_17 wrote: »
    Ill do my best to be there :D

Excellent! Its always good to meet new people :)
    kaimera wrote: »

Petee is the only one returning after being away, I've never left! :D
    Gotta say, I went to the Sports Bar meet-up as a firsty who didn't know anyone and really enjoyed it. The boardsies are a nice bunch of people, and although I didn't see most of them after the initial meet-up, I'd be delighted to go again!

Aww shucks, you are too nice :p
    But yeah, that was a good night, and ended up a ridiculous night of drinking at our place afterwards iirc!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

But yeah, that was a good night, and ended up a ridiculous night of drinking at our place afterwards iirc!

Indeed it did.....another drunken night in Limerick. I should come back for another.

Its only been B_D who has damaged herself, and of course, lets not forget young CSON and his pink underwear :eek: Yes newbies, its true!

And his pink phone; let us not forget his pink phone!

And I may be the only one who has been physically damaged, but I'm sure others have been mentally scarred...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

And his pink phone; let us not forget his pink phone!

And I may be the only one who has been physically damaged, but I'm sure others have been mentally scarred...

You're not alone....I can put myself down as being physically damaged and mentally scarred.

Not as a sole result of boards beers but they have contributed in some manner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭CarDriver

This sounds like mad craic. Let me know when its on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Mallox

ya sounds fun :D lemme know when ye pick a date

**Checks eyebrow**

bastids:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

ninty9er wrote: »
    **Checks eyebrow**

bastids:pac:

You weren't the first. I doubt you'll be the last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 aaronlippy

might take a gander seein as i wont know neone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

I'll be there with my rice krispie square.

Probably. Unless it all gets a bit too chaotic.
    Saying that, I don't mind whichever date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭mid

sounds good, interested in going as well

• Advertisement

Crikey, seems like this could be a massive gathering yet if everyone shows up! Have we decided on a date yet? Or venue? Think Java's/Sports Bar might be more appropriate for first-time meetings; we can always move on to Stables as night progresses.

Javas 7:30pm...Monday Week 1.

Can I get someone to second that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 FolmColan

Second!

Any objections?

you have until 10pm tomorrow to object!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 aaronlippy

im guessin javas on campus yesh?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Blondiegirl2009

that should be fine.. if I discover where Javas is:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5 iFada

Hey I'm new enough to the forum, but I'm sure I'll pop along, especially since I'm in the same boat as a lot of people and wont really know anyone else going to UL. If thats alright like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭CarDriver

Its beside the Student Union Spar shop. It will say The Scholars. It used to be called Javas when it opened so thats why people call it Javas

CarDriver wrote: »
    Its beside the Student Union Spar shop. It will say The Scholars. It used to be called Javas when it opened so thats why people call it Javas

Thanks. Silly me...It's name is technically Scholars for licencing purposes. It opened as Javas in 2007 and was renamed last year due to the licencing issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

So everyone will have their user names drawn on their foreheads, ya ya?
    Good stuff.

Advertisement