Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time

• 28-08-2009 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭

I haven't seen much talk about Ratchet & Clank here on the forum. The sequel to Tools of Destruction seems to be heading towards release under the radar. I had forgotten about it for quite a while but after seeing some new screens and videos it has become a must have game this winter.

Anyone else here getting it?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Anyone else here getting it?

I will have to get it for the wife. She likes the Ratchet and Clank games.

I will also have to buy her a PS3 to go with it...

Anniversary present.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

i will certainly be buying Crack in Time. Really looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

I will be buying it for sure , had alot of fun playing the other R&C games on the PS3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Love rachet and clank,
    Always being a fan of platforms and the story in tools of destruction wasn't actually too bad, got quest for booty when they released a hard copy.

Good fun, i will definitely be getting this at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭ongarite

Love Ratchet & Clanks games, played them all on PS2 and 2 games on PS3.
    Really looking forward to this game as its the last in the series and the art stlye looks fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

The reviews of this have been very positive over in the US. I'm tempted to order this from VideoGamesPlus in Canada. Not sure when it is out here.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Not sure when it is out here.

6:11:9

Source

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

its brilliant btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Helix wrote: »
    its brilliant btw

Did you notice any framerate drop?

Lads on NeoGAF were saying the framerate wasn't as stable as tools of destruction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Got an e-mail to say that a demo will be up on the PSN. Didn't read it but I presume they mean today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

There's 2 demos up since last week, a "ratchet" and a "clank" demo, havent try'd them yet :pac:

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Demo up a few days on PSN called something along the lines of Krull Planet (that name could be very wrong btw), but I had a quick go off of it and seemed good at first glance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

I had $20 left on my US account so I decided to get it.(really like tools of destruction).

So far my impression is excellent. The graphics are great. The humour is there (the groovetron included ;) ) A few camera issues perhaps, but I haven't noticed any frame rate drops (not too far into it thought to be honest). All in all am pretty happy so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Will probably be a rental for me. I really like the R&C series, but they are just too easy for the majority, and there is always 1 or 2 weapons that are completely OP.

Good game to play through with the OH though. Hopefully this game will have more platforming and puzzles rather than the frequent corridor into arena transitions of ToD

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

sarumite wrote: »
    I had $20 left on my US account so I decided to get it.(really like tools of destruction).

So far my impression is excellent. The graphics are great. The humour is there (the groovetron included ;) ) A few camera issues perhaps, but I haven't noticed any frame rate drops (not too far into it thought to be honest). All in all am pretty happy so far.
    Are you sure you didnt just get a quest for booty?:confused:

Did you notice any framerate drop?

Lads on NeoGAF were saying the framerate wasn't as stable as tools of destruction.

only very very very minor issues, nothing that in any way affects anything apart from the ability to say "there are no very very very minor frame rate issues"

Are you sure you didnt just get a quest for booty?:confused:

lol

pretty sure thats what he bought

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Will probably be a rental for me. I really like the R&C series, but they are just too easy for the majority, and there is always 1 or 2 weapons that are completely OP.

Good game to play through with the OH though. Hopefully this game will have more platforming and puzzles rather than the frequent corridor into arena transitions of ToD

youll like the clank sections

the self replication pluzzles are enjoyable. the mini game planets with ratchet are fun too, blatant mario galaxy rip off, but still good fun

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭bada_bing

is this game available in any shops today???

• Advertisement

xtravision after 9pm

ive yet to be unable to buy a game in the balbriggan xtravision after 9 on the day before release

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

xtravision after 9pm

ive yet to be unable to buy a game in the balbriggan xtravision after 9 on the day before release

Shush! We can't have anyone else knowing!

Too many games, not enough money/time.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Shush! We can't have anyone else knowing!

lol

i presume theyre all the same, apparently the tils are 9pm to 9pm in terms of 24 hour shifts. so anything after 9 on the day before release counts as perfectly legit for a next day sale

lol

i presume theyre all the same, apparently the tils are 9pm to 9pm in terms of 24 hour shifts. so anything after 9 on the day before release counts as perfectly legit for a next day sale

when I worked there, they weren't. That was a white lie so overdue DVDs were returned during their busy rental period rather then just before they close. They probably do it after nine as the other retailers are closed and can't be bothered to report them to the distributor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

wont be the best out at the mo when compared to ass creed and mw2

tonydude wrote: »
    wont be the best out at the mo when compared to ass creed

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Just ordered this for €21 delivered from thehut.com. Think the deal is for today only.

http://www.thehut.com/games/platforms/ps3/ratchet-clank-a-crack-in-time/10052948.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Was the same on zavvi.com for a while too (theyre owned by thehut)
    Quite an enjoyable game, but not exactly miles apart from tools of destruction/quest for booty...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Yeah just finished it yesterday, overall it was enjoyable, the only thing I would say is the controls are a bit fiddly, and it's hard to judge jumps because of perceptive and lack of character shadow on some terrain. I fell to my death many a time because of it :mad:

CC

Advertisement