Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LEAVING CERT NOTES 2010

Options
  • 25-08-2009 12:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Anyone out there after finishing their leaving cert willing to give me their notes? I'm actually willing to pay money here. Preferably biology , geography , history or french notes would be great . I'm in an all irish school but I prefer to have notes in english like so any help would be most appreciated

I'm banned from sending pms so please text me on <snip- again> for anyone whos giving away notes

cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Dante

<snip>no selling copyrighted material-moderator</snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Hey, does anyone have Irish Hons LC notes????

i'm a mature student going back to resit Irish LC

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

if there's any German notes floating about let me know please :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

I've some really good geography sample answers. If you want them drop me a pm and ill post them to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

I have the notes,but you wouldn't be able to read them for Biology.Here's my tip:Take your own notes and the copy them out twic[I'm not kidding or saying it's something I'll ever do again in my life]but it works very well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 base individual

muska001 wrote: »
    Anyone out there after finishing their leaving cert willing to give me their notes? I'm actually willing to pay money here. Preferably biology , geography , history or french notes would be great . I'm in an all irish school but I prefer to have notes in english like so any help would be most appreciated

cheers,

I have notes for the full biology course from the Limerick Tutorial, where are you based? PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Please don't offer to sell/give copyrighted notes (from the Institute etc.). Basically anything with the name of the school printed all over it is disallowed for advertising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Piste wrote: »
    Please don't offer to sell/give copyrighted notes (from the Institute etc.). Basically anything with the name of the school printed all over it is disallowed for advertising.

It's perfectly ok to sell a set of copyrighted notes. (First Sale Doctrine)

It is not ok to reproduce them and sell or distribute the reproduction.

We discussed this on the moderator forum a few months ago and came to the conclusion that it'd be safer to diallow it on the forum.

(please don't be tempted to have this out with me on the thread as it'll get derailed- if you've anything to add then drop me a PM!)

EDIT: Ok I dragged up that thread in the Mods forum and had a look at it and at the time we came to the conclusion that selling copyrighted notes is banned, but giving them away is A-OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

We discussed this on the moderator forum a few months ago and came to the conclusion that it'd be safer to diallow it on the forum.

(please don't be tempted to have this out with me on the thread as it'll get derailed- if you've anything to add then drop me a PM!)

EDIT: Ok I dragged up that thread in the Mods forum and had a look at it and at the time we came to the conclusion that selling copyrighted notes is banned, but giving them away is A-OK.
    What about giving away mobile phone numbers in the public forum? Surely it's best to do that by PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Dante

I remember looking through the charter a few weeks ago and I can't remember it saying anything about this.....although I probably just missed it! ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Nead21 wrote: »
    Hey, does anyone have Irish Hons LC notes????

i'm a mature student going back to resit Irish LC

Go to my post on the grinds thread. last page I think.

Looks like im snipped!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭xo.mary

^ Haha nice.

To people looking for notes - go to a revision course, you'll get the majority of notes you'll need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭arthistory

muska001 wrote: »

I'm banned from sending pms so please text me on <snip- again> for anyone whos giving away notes

cheers,

Where abouts in the country are you? I have some friends repeating so i'll have to see what they want first but if they don't want them i'll have some good notes to give away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Notes can be pretty useless if they're not explained to you before hand IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

theowen wrote: »
    Notes can be pretty useless if they're not explained to you before hand IMO
    depends on the teacher explaining them;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

leesmom wrote: »
    depends on the teacher explaining them;)
    That's what I mean, if your just handed a pile of notes by a friend and told good luck, it doesn't have much use really:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

That's what I mean, if your just handed a pile of notes by a friend and told good luck, it doesn't have much use really:rolleyes:
    very true, however some notes are pretty clear and dont need a teacher to go through them but others are like a maze of words(if there is such a thing):p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

For bio i would definatly reccomend revise wise, i mean its less than a tenner and if your willing to pay for notes anyways, atleast your definatly going to understand the hand writing:pac:

For bio i would definatly reccomend revise wise, i mean its less than a tenner and if your willing to pay for notes anyways, atleast your definatly going to understand the hand writing:pac:

I would actually get sarah dilleens rapid revision folens book. A4 size. I got an A1 in biology using it.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭EZeeBOS

I would recommend Allhonours.ie, theleavingcert.com and lcbusinessnotes.com for notes.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

JSK 252 wrote: »
    Looks like im snipped!:D
    Did it hurt?! :pac:

Did it hurt?! :pac:

Oh the pain was unbearable.:pac:

Ah no Piste is good at snipping because shes becoming a doctor.:pac:

I said I might aswell chance my arm with selling the notes! There is nothing wrong with enterprising!

I'm like a ninja, you never know you've been snipped until you look.

I borrowed Purplefistmixer's notes, which she wrote out herself, for music and I got an A2. I firmly believe I couldn't have gotten the A2 without those notes.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I'm like a ninja, you never know you've been snipped until you look.
    :eek:

/locks door

>_>
    I borrowed Purplefistmixer's notes, which she wrote out herself, for music and I got an A2. I firmly believe I couldn't have gotten the A2 without those notes.
    I suspect though PFM's notes would be very good and clear, not everyone's will be.

My own notes for LC and on through college were excellent, though I say it myself, or at least I found them so coming up to exams, but they weren't much use to anyone else as (a) only my closest friends could make any attempt at reading my scrawl; (b) esp. in college I tended to use my own sort of semi-shorthand which made sense to me, but not nec. anyone else; and (c) they reflected how *I* thought, and that didn't always work for others.

Certainly, if someone offers to pass on their notes, and they're clear and the person has done well, don't pass them up; but learning to make decent notes yourself is by far the best way. Plus it's a skill you will need 10 times as much in college.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JenJ

Hey everyone I'm a muture student doing nursing but also doing leaving cert biology:eek:. Does any one have any notes or tips as its a long time since i sat a leaving cert exam.

thanks Jen xx

• Registered Users Posts: 3 shanef124

hey im new to this but does anybody have any tips on what is most likely to come up in the honours biology leavin just i cant seem to work out what chapters i shud b paying mor attention to?????if so could u let me no as soon as possible,tanx.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 oliviams

i would appreciate it if you could send me your geography notes

Advertisement