Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veggie meet up goes WEST

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Sep 11th-13th
    I think we need to examine our options....
    - camping in Corofin
    - camping in/near Ballyvaughan
    - a wee night out in Galway city :D

We can scrap the latter if there is promise of dancing at either of the formers. I can get myself to either of these places quite easily and possibly for free, yay...

I'd assume it'd be a weekend? Perhaps the dates for consideration could be the weekend of:
    September 4th,
    September 18th or
    September 25th.

Nobody should come to this side of the country once October sets in! Brrrr...

Maybe smegmar or Tar could put a poll on this please :)
    Enough of this vagueness!
    In a demanding mood, sorry, I'm just bored...
    Wouldn't mind an aul mad dance in cuba tbh, after a trip to teh market and a lot fo drinking! Will see what people want as regards location etc on the thread and I'll stick up those three weekends in a poll in a bit, jsut a bit busy, so in an hour or two!

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

Sep 11th-13th
    Wouldn't mind an aul mad dance in cuba tbh, after a trip to teh market and a lot fo drinking! Will see what people want as regards location etc on the thread and I'll stick up those three weekends in a poll in a bit, jsut a bit busy, so in an hour or two!

No rush, it's fine!
    Cuba is experiencing a revival of late, strange but true. They're having a price war with Keneddy's and the result is lots of drunk people still with money in their pocket...
    I was persuaded to go there the night I got back, it was actually, surprisingly, quite fun (considering I don't think I've had fun there since I was in first year of college...)
    And everyone in Galway goes out on a tueday now :confused: I dunno...
    Anyway... back to the matter at hand...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Sep 11th-13th
    Yeah I'll put one up now, saw penduluma t cuba not so long ago, best night eva. Strange how the drinking night changes in galway over the years. I'd be awaiting official confirmation every year of what night I was supposed to drink in college, well the main night. :)

Sep 11th-13th
    Ok it's up, it's multiple choice, why is a weekend missing from suggestions, was somebody busy? I forget

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Sep 11th-13th
    Well isn't the last one out coz Master of Nothing is doing a marathon? Not sure about the missing one, maybe it's just not on this year

• Advertisement

Sep 11th-13th
    Everybody is voting for my girly laugh! I'll take that as you can do any weekend. I'll add in the missing one too and we can then see which is most popular I suppose.

Sep 11th-13th
    Actually I definitely can't do 25th either because of Freshers' week

Sep 11th-13th
    well it seems taram can only do the first two and then is off to england to live, how about one of those maybe?

Sep 11th-13th
    Ha, yeah I missed a weekend in my post, don't mind me, I'm sleep deprived.
    My actual vote would be the 11th... I request a poll and then don't even vote properly....tsk tsk
    Anyway, I'm off on an arduous journey, talk to ye tomorrow maybe :)
    Slán.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

Sh*t Tar I voted wrong can u change mine to the weekend of the 18th? Actually it's the only one i can do! I love Ballyvaughan that'd be good, mind you corofin would be likely to turn into a full blown rave if my buddies have anythin to do with it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Sep 11th-13th
    Well isn't the last one out coz Master of Nothing is doing a marathon? Not sure about the missing one, maybe it's just not on this year
    I think i was drunk when i said that yet you still remembered...aaawwwww:pac: Yeah 1/2 marathon on 26th it is...
    Everybody is voting for my girly laugh! I'll take that as you can do any weekend. I'll add in the missing one too and we can then see which is most popular I suppose.
    Well that laugh is quite the popular thing you see...:)
    Actually I definitely can't do 25th either because of Freshers' week
    And you CANT NOT go to that...:D
    well it seems taram can only do the first two and then is off to england to live, how about one of those maybe?
    Ha, yeah I missed a weekend in my post, don't mind me, I'm sleep deprived.
    My actual vote would be the 11th... I request a poll and then don't even vote properly....tsk tsk
    Anyway, I'm off on an arduous journey, talk to ye tomorrow maybe :)
    Slán.
    Sleep deprived aint fun:( GL on the journey though:)
    I love Ballyvaughan that'd be good, mind you corofin would be likely to turn into a full blown rave if my buddies have anythin to do with it!
    You make that sound like its a bad thing:confused::pac:

I myself can only do weekend of 11th or 18th, hopefully it'll be on either of those:D

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭smegmar

Sep 18th-20th
    I voted for the 4-6th but I'm really open to all those days. I might be off to America soon but I don't know how soon, so earlier is better for me. Just try get as many people as possible and especially those that missed out on Cork.

Sep 11th-13th
    Sh*t Tar I voted wrong can u change mine to the weekend of the 18th? Actually it's the only one i can do! I love Ballyvaughan that'd be good, mind you corofin would be likely to turn into a full blown rave if my buddies have anythin to do with it!

I changed the numbers around, 1 less for 11th, one more for 18th, but can't change your name. 11th or 18th seem the most popular.

Sep 11th-13th
    If it is on the 11th....I will have to duck out to go to Ladies beers.
    But I'm sure you'll find ways to entertain yourselves in my absence. :eek:

Sep 11th-13th
    Okay, the mammy and daddy bitch said both those weekends (11th and 18th) are grand, but the 18th suits better. The garden's plenty big for a few tents and a bonfire, and my dad has kindly volunteered his studio for floor space if the weather is awful. Little quiet beach 5 minutes away, bigger beaches about ten minutes drive in either side. There's also the Cliffs of Moher which are about a forty minute drive from my house, and the Ailwee Caves about twenty. It's also in the middle of the burren, so the Dubs should have plenty to ooh and aah about :D

Edit: Daddy bitch is leaning over my shoulder telling me to stop underselling the burren. So, long walks on the beach to gather driftwood for a bonfire (and, I quote daddy bitch here; "Let's make a MASSIVE bonfire"), mountain walks, traditional Irish pubs, limestone pavements, rare flora and of course THE MOTHERLOVING MATCHMAKING FESTIVAL http://www.myguideireland.com/irish-match-making-festival are all things people could avail of if they so chose.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭smegmar

Sep 18th-20th
    it just gets better and better, as I said I might be way but the 18th sounds like a good day.

electro can we have pics of your place so we know what we're in for. Or at least we can compare with Donnie scribbles place

Sep 11th-13th
    Wow, he sells it well, love bonfires!

omg lol at the matchmaking festival, every time you have mentioned it to me I thought it was about matchsticks! Now I click the link, time for the farmers to find wives is it. :D

Well we could go to galway for a night and head to clare smeg?

Dunno...

Sep 11th-13th
    Lol wut? you just thought I really liked matchsticks or what? I'll try get some pics up tomorrow, Mr Sister is a savage photographer so I'll get him to take them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Sep 11th-13th
    Yes yes, there is no reason we can't do both. Especially after the effort taken to organise. I never say yes yes in real life you know, it doesn't even make sense. Mmmm, well burren and the cliffs of moher sounds really fantaaastic it ok if I bring a friend maybe? Actually I changed my mind there.

Sep 11th-13th
    Yep thought you were mad about matches lol. I imagined some sort of thing where peop-el make things out of matches! Do you go to this meet often? :p
    Probably imagined it because I was watching lego videos beforehand

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Sep 11th-13th
    Okay, the mammy and daddy bitch said both those weekends (11th and 18th) are grand, but the 18th suits better. The garden's plenty big for a few tents and a bonfire, and my dad has kindly volunteered his studio for floor space if the weather is awful. Little quiet beach 5 minutes away, bigger beaches about ten minutes drive in either side. There's also the Cliffs of Moher which are about a forty minute drive from my house, and the Ailwee Caves about twenty. It's also in the middle of the burren, so the Dubs should have plenty to ooh and aah about :D

Edit: Daddy bitch is leaning over my shoulder telling me to stop underselling the burren. So, long walks on the beach to gather driftwood for a bonfire (and, I quote daddy bitch here; "Let's make a MASSIVE bonfire"), mountain walks, traditional Irish pubs, limestone pavements, rare flora and of course THE MOTHERLOVING MATCHMAKING FESTIVAL http://www.myguideireland.com/irish-match-making-festival are all things people could avail of if they so chose.
    That entire post was made of awesome, good hustle* from you!:D

*saying that is usually accompanied by a slap in the ass for good measure
    smegmar wrote: »
    it just gets better and better, as I said I might be way but the 18th sounds like a good day.
    11th or 18th sound sweet, it does just get better and better like you foretold!
    Wow, he sells it well, love bonfires!

omg lol at the matchmaking festival, every time you have mentioned it to me I thought it was about matchsticks! Now I click the link, time for the farmers to find wives is it. :D

Well we could go to galway for a night and head to clare smeg?

Dunno...
    Bonfires are cool:) Matchmaking fest would be lol, esp seeing you country lads getting in there to try set up with some lonely country wimmins:P
    raah! wrote: »
    Mmmm, well burren and the cliffs of moher sounds really fantaaastic it ok if I bring a friend maybe? Actually I changed my mind there.
    Yes The Burren and Cliffs of Moher are two things i really really wanted to see anyway at some point in my life...why not at this meet:D Awesome idea it is.

As you know, friends are always welcome if they:

a. are up for some fun

...thats about all the rules needed tbh:pac:

Sep 11th-13th
    18th is fine for me too, your place sounds good Electro, as does Khrystyna's! Spoilt for choice we are :)

One night in Clare and one in Galway would be great. I can't really give people anywhere good to sleep though, I myself have been occupying a couch for the past week or so, but I'm sure some of ye can camp out in the sitting room with me if necessary, once I get approval from my sister!

This guy may want to sleep on your face though:

3856935202_1910d447ae.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Sep 11th-13th
    That's one of the best cats I've ever seen. I don't even know why.. He's so sleepy looking

Sep 11th-13th
    People express alarm when they see him. He's pretty big. He's being mean to me today though :mad:
    Here's another.... kitty photo blitz yeah :D

3845755247_57cb3ef306.jpg

He's the real Donnie, incidentally...

Sep 11th-13th
    hehe cool photos, wherever is fine by me!

Sep 11th-13th
    A KITTY!!

Sep 11th-13th
    A KITTY!!

*pats head*

Sep 11th-13th

All we need now if for summer to arrive that weekend, and we are in legendary terrority.

Although even I wouldnt be seen dead at that festival! :pac:

Sep 11th-13th
    Yeah, watch the hair there bud.

• Advertisement

Sep 11th-13th
    A KITTY!!

I just realised I was leaning on his tail! He's fast asleep though so he didn't notice...

We should climb Abbey Hill while we're down there, it's been ages since I climbed it...

Advertisement