Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This week I will mostly be listening to....

• 24-08-2009 8:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

Lützenkirchen

What DJ's are u currently listening to ? Post here !

Linkey to mixage if possible !

:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

I likes a lot of the Lutzenkirchen stuff.

But this week I mostly be listening....... Pan Pot (and a lot of the other Mobilee stuff).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

My Favorite Pan pot Tune,

This week Ill be listening to everything in my crate preparing for Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Yo Mamma

Pan Pot - Charlie

Thats a top tune, it's on the Clubbers guide to Berlin I think....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

Anyone remember Lutzenkirchen's song "3 tage wach?" It was huge in Germany and was truly awful :pac:

I'll be listening to Trentemoller's harbour music compilation, picked it up yesterday.

Anyone remember Lutzenkirchen's song "3 tage wach?" It was huge in Germany and was truly awful :pac:

Have to agree there..... his live sets are great though...

Just bought this at lunch: Funk D'Void Sci.Fi.Hi.Fi 4 its not bad..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 OV

Helicopterface - Instruct Anorgasmia (Vinyl mix)
    http://www.planetamodular.com/audio/Helicopterface%20-%20Instruct%20Anorgasmia.rar

01. Circuit Parallele – Silenzio Assurdo [Spine]
    02. Die Neue Sachlichkeit – Contact [Pliftkauf]
    03. Celluloid Mata & Imminent – M.I.S.C [Vaccuum]
    04. Helicopterface – Purpose Aches (Element Abuse Remix) [Mash Up]
    05. Current 93 – The Great In The Small part I [Durto]
    06. Zotz – Metaflex [Yb70]
    07. Le Talium – Rebond [Zhark Berlin]
    08. Archae - Resolute [Maracas]
    09. La Peste – Pure Techno Track [Reverse]
    10. Zotz – Terranium [Yb70]
    11. Scorn – Stripped Back Hinge [Ad Noiseam]
    12. Surgeon – Shaper Of The Unknown [Counterbalance]
    13. Zym0siZ – Dante [Zhark Berlin]
    14. Caustic Window – Garden Of Linmiri [Rephlex]
    15. Imminent Starvation – Relocation 1 [Hymen]
    16. Sobchak – Electron Libre [Yb70]
    17. Sulphuric Saliva – Trap [Uncivilized World]
    18. Mescalinium United – We Have Arrived [PCP]
    19. Surgeon – Another Body [Counterbalance]
    20. Kareem – Botas [Possible Music]
    21. Mouse – Mas. 23 [Underground Perversions]
    22. Metic – Train Damage [Audio Illusion]
    23. Current 93 – The Great In The Small part II [Durto]
    24. Headcleaner – F84546 [Headcleaner]
    25. Cylob – Skraip [Rephlex]
    26. British Murder Boys – Fist [Downwards]
    27. Converter – Denogginizer (Kill The Brain) [Hymen]
    28. Monrella – Studio 5 [Zet]
    29. Nebula II – Normal [IST]
    30. X-103 – Curse Of The Gods [Tresor]
    31. Somatic Responses – RP03 [Deadly Systems]
    32. Elektroplasma – Untitled [L’Art et La Guerre]
    33. Zipper Spy – Factor 13 [Homewrecker Foundation]

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Love Lutzenkirchen. Great Stuff is a brilliant Label.

For me it is Milton Jackson: https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/content/track/catalog/?performerId=3461&contextType=artists&contextEntityId=3461&orderBy=trackPublishDate%20DESC%2C%20releaseId%20DESC This guy has an impressive ammount of really like deep and funky tracks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

Look out for Anja Schneider's mix of "Charlie." Listening to Steve Bug's "Collaoboraty" album .....it's gooooood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

Vitalic :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Yell0 Man

Sub Focus Essential Mix - have been for 3 months

http://www.dnbarena.ru/download/Sub_Focus-Essential_Mix-20090425.mp3

Pig & Dan

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Love Pig & Dan

Joris Voorn - LIve from Space Opening party, ya can get it on rapidshare. Also Kabale und Liebe, this guy is brilliant guys.....

Yo Mamma wrote: »

his latest track on Be As One is lovely shtuff altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Sweet - will listen to it this morning.

Samuel L Session is quality - have you heard Big Bad Drum?

big bad drum be the one i'm talkin bout. Brilliant brilliant track.

Wasn't a huge fan of the original of this but this remix is so friggin good. Only got it yesterday.

Artist: Len Faki
    Track: Death By House - Ed Davenport Remix

hadn't heard of this ed davenport guy before, but this remix is really something!!

oh and this one. I know it was quite big and everyone probably knows it but it's what I'm listening to this week.

Mathew Johnson is proper good.

• Advertisement

jtsuited wrote: »
    Wasn't a huge fan of the original of this but this remix is so friggin good. Only got it yesterday.

Artist: Len Faki
    Track: Death By House - Ed Davenport Remix

hadn't heard of this ed davenport guy before, but this remix is really something!!
    Nice one for this, like it

There was an EP earlier in the year called Slowly We Rot, by Koljah and Oliver Deutschmann - link on beatport here.
    Was quality stuff and the 2 Ed Davenport remixes were excellent

yeah heard those last night on beatport. methinks i've found my new favourite artist for this week. thanks for the headsup anywho joker.

No worries - always good to share!

Have my radio slot this evening from 9.30 - 11, picked this up this week and will definitely be playing at least 1 track from it:

Maya Jane Coles - The Dazed EP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭acman

Stimming - Reflections Album!

http://www.discogs.com/release/1723838

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Listening to some new(ish) USA funky House, some quality stuff:cool:

Gaiser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Yeah Gaiser is my Hero, Superman wears Gaiser Pajamas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭R.Shackleford

Gui Borratto - The rivington..some of his tunes are hit and miss but this is just a beautiful track.

Latest Samuel L Session Remix reviewed here;

http://www.ibiza-voice.com/story/news/1957

Also this one Acman by Stimming;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qrb_rj7g3F4

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭acman

Seems like this guy can do no wrong this year! His new album is fan freakin tastic :cool:

samuellsession.jpg

Tracklist
    01. Time
    02. Chimes
    03. Tronic
    04. Lucious
    05. Past And Present
    06. My People
    07. The Soloist
    08. Big Bad Drum
    09. Clear As Day
    10. Sections
    11. Tight Stack
    12. Pulse

‘The Man With The Case’ is a culmination of two decades of experience from Swedish old school techno legend Samuel L. Session.
    The sound of the past often collides with current movements but never has it sounded so fresh than from Samuel L. Session AKA SLS. His skills and knowledge from the evolving electronic music scene create a stark and original album project to remind us what the real sound of techno is. Sounding as fresh as the early days of the 909, ‘The Man With The Case’ harks back to the house veins of Kevin Saunderson and Derrick May but in an inspiring new context, digging into the roots of techno while stamping the SLS classic and groovy print into each production.
    The album opens elegantly with ‘Time’, drifting into a dreamy and evocative atmosphere glowing with luminosity. Bouncing straight into ‘Chimes’, the B side for the first EP release earlier this year sinks quickly into rolling grooves and soars with radiant melodies.
    The tempo is raised with burning dancefloor cuts ‘Tronic’, ‘My People’ and Big Bad Drum’, the classic bomb released earlier this summer on Be As One, and simmers with the smouldering embers of the warmth of house music in ‘Lucious’ and ‘Past and Present’. Menacing flares and bold snares make ‘The Soloist’ shake the skull and the closing moments in ‘Tight Stack’ and ‘Pulse’ offer a chance for reflection and new insight.
    Samuel L. Session’s career began in the late eighties when mixing hip hop and early forms of techno and house in his home of Sweden. His SLS guise soon became synonymous with groovy techno through a string of high profile releases on labels such Planet E, Soma and Intec and remixes for techno veterans such as Slam and Kevin Saunderson. SLS also founded a string of his own successful imprints, Solid Beat, Cycle and Klap Klap, each making a significant mark on the landscape of techno.

acman wrote: »
    Seems like this guy can do no wrong this year! His new album is fan freakin tastic :cool:
    Big time!

Hope to get through a couple of these tracks on the radio show this evening - live here from 9.30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 PrideInBattle

Marcus Schossow

A abseloute MUST if you're a Trance fan.

Today i was listening to this, dark and deep :cool:

5406828fd7a0e01e3032f010.L.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

This week it will be mainly dub. Finally picked up a copy a couple of weeks ago of 'Electronic Dub' by a collaboration of New London School of Electronics & Air Liquide...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

• Advertisement

Fantastic album this love it :cool:

kings_of_disco_cover500.jpg

Karotte

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Anjunabeats Volume 7 - have nearly worn CD1 out thanks to Boom Jinx :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

http://www.club-autonomic.com/

The Autonomic Podcasts; D:Bridge, Instra:Mental and ASC.

If you like electronic music then these are mandatory.

• Advertisement

Yeah he's great been a fan for a while... One to watch definitely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭ianuss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

I have been listening to plenty of psychosis inducing drill n bass/idm courtesy of Venetian Snares

On a dub techno buzz (again) and listening to a lot of Monolake, Deepchord etc. Also listened to 'Arrange & Process Basic Channel Tracks' by Scion last night for the first time in a while, stunning mix.

http://www.discogs.com/Scion-Arrange-And-Process-Basic-Channel-Tracks/release/43996

Scion.jpg
    Finally back in print!!! It was never going to be a straight forward thing - a Basic Channel mix has been on the cards for many years now, but the concept just needed to be as special as the source material in question. Having stated on many an occasion that Hardwax affiliates Pete and René, aka Scion, understood and played Basic Channel material in the way it was intended to be played, the release of Ableton's 'Live' software (engineered by Monolake's Robert Henke) convinced Mark and Mauritz that the time had come to try something new out. And that's precisely what this unfathomably good CD is - components from all 9 Basic Channel 12"s, (plus some choice cuts from related project Rhythm and Sound and remix work for Carl Craig), weave in and out of the mix, flawlessly spliced together, remodeeled and reshaped with deep understanding of the BC sound and a look towards its future. To give you an idea of the genius at play here - the first cut employs fragments from Cyrus's 'Inversion', 'Mutism', 'Radiance III' and the Basic Channel reworking of Cral Craig's awesome 'The Climax' - 4 classics, re-embedded to create something that constructs itself fresh, somewhere between mixing and remixing. And that's just the opening sequence! Flowing from first moment to last, this is a benchmark record that not only serves as a breathtaking testimony to one of our most treasured and beloved labels of all time, but also illustrates that technology really can be about more than just presets and self indulgance - here allowing seminal material to be re-lived from new perspectives and within new surroundings. Fans of Basic Channel will melt into this CD on first play, those of you new to the label will do well to give this a listen and understand exactly what all the fuss has been about. Utterly Essential.
    http://www.boomkat.com/item.cfm?id=8092

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭ianuss

just in the middle of listening to cass $ slide's essential mix from 2001 and it's still genius

http://www.essentialmixes.net/mixDetail.php?n=Cass%20and%20Slide&d=12-23-01

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 145 ✭✭bigblackmug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J6aZxcbuDs

EMF revisited.

I'm listening..., well ogling mostly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

4 years on...

im sure a lot of peoples tastes have changed...

right now im listening to howard stern prank calls on youtube while working, then i will be listening to a soundcloud set on the fone, daniel avery or something

This week its mostly Camea

Camea - Spazio 900 (Rome) 22-02-2014 to be precise :pac:

Mostly Juan Atkins and related techno, plus on a more chilled note catching up with albums by Loscil.

• Advertisement
Advertisement