Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating The Year!!!

Options
  • 20-08-2009 10:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi, does anyone know how much it costs to repeat the year, ive heard from 2000 to 5000 euro:eek:!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

You have to pay the tuition that the DOE usually picks up the tab for. So, at a guess, I'd say around 2 - 3k. It won't be as high as fee. Of course you have the registration as well, could be around 2.5 - 3.5k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

it depends on how many subjects you are doing

300e per module?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 9630

Dankoozy wrote: »
    it depends on how many subjects you are doing

300e per module?

I think it arond that , 250 eoro

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

Hope it goes well for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

I am doing my second year, but I changed courses (internal transfer) last April so I will be doing a new one when I go back next week. The letter I got to confirm my place said that they would be sending out a bank giro, but it did not say how much I would have to pay.
    Any thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭dungeon

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,989 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I was down there today and was told what the break down is.

Tuition is:
    €25 per credit (5 credits per module which equals €100 per module)

Registration is the paid by simester.
    Repeating half the year you pay €750
    Repeating full year you pay €1500

this is what i was told. hope it helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 cit-gurl

Thanks rob!!! that sounds so much more doable than a few grand!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Signpost

rob316 wrote: »
    Tuition is:
    €25 per credit (5 credits per module which equals €100 per module)

Maths never was my strong point... but is €25 per credit * 5 Credits not €125 per module?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

Lads I'm fairly sure it's a few grand. I have no idea where this 2 - 300 quid per module crack is coming from. He will have to pay full college fees as the DOE only pick up the fees tab once for each year.

OP, have you got the bill yet??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭smileygirlloves

well i am repeating three modules for the year nd it is costing me €740 which includes registration...Thats the cheaper way yo do it:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

well i am repeating three modules for the year nd it is costing me €740 which includes registration...Thats the cheaper way yo do it:D:D:D
    I thought registration was 1500 :eek:, got a deal there

i got even a better deal my bill was a mistake it is only costing me...............well my parents:L:L €480 sumting now.....:D

& they wonder why they are going bankrupt...

there going bankrupt because they cant get that much funding for anywhere.....in the long term they will eventually get more money out of me because i will be here for longer!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Signpost wrote: »
    & they wonder why they are going bankrupt...

And then they go and buy that building next door, tyco or something is what it used to be called. Think I heard the sum of a cool €5 million being bandied about

well if they did buy the building next door den ,perphaps the awful prefabs would be a thing of the pass and every1 could have real classrooms:)

well if they did buy the building next door den ,perphaps the awful prefabs would be a thing of the pass and every1 could have real classrooms:)

All we have is hope, and if thats gone then CIT will have won as the building will go to more admin, and all we will have left is a student populous walking and blinking in sync in an apocalyptic wasteland college in a vision of the same vein as Judge Dread or Mad Max....

Or the students will be nice and cosy in their new rooms.

It can go either way really

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭philiporeilly

The new building is specifically for the block release apprentices. When finished they should free up some space on the existing campus so prefabs could be removed.

The new building is specifically for the block release apprentices. When finished they should free up some space on the existing campus so prefabs could be removed.

hopefully tthey will :)

• Advertisement

tbh I could see me doing 35 yrs of work, going back to do my Doctrite and there still being people sitting through classes in the prefabs. They are here to stay I fear :(

Signpost wrote: »
    tbh I could see me doing 35 yrs of work, going back to do my Doctrite and there still being people sitting through classes in the prefabs. They are here to stay I fear :(

hope is all we have...:(:(

I don't know really. Tbh I can see them getting blown away, thats the only hope. It was very stormy there today.

I can see a very angry student steal a bulldozer and get rid that way...

All you have to do is get the class all to run from one side to the other and it fall over. We've tried it but I had a small class.

arson?

Dankoozy wrote: »
    arson?
    They are too wet. They wouldn't burn

Webmonkey wrote: »
    All you have to do is get the class all to run from one side to the other and it fall over. We've tried it but I had a small class.

:D Good idea. It saves said student the need to get the bulldozer...

However, if someone decides to get a bulldozer, not trying to peer pressure anyone here, but don't forget to level the rest of the place

aaronh007 wrote: »
    :D Good idea. It saves said student the need to get the bulldozer...

However, if someone decides to get a bulldozer, not trying to peer pressure anyone here, but don't forget to level the rest of the place

it will be just like one really big car park. perfect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Sorry to bring up an old topic, but there is no need to start a new thread :D

I've sent emails to admissions@cit.ie and sueducation@cit.ie, but waiting on a reply.

Looks like I will need to repeat one module (continuous assessment) from semester 1 and three from semester 2 (was out for a long time).
    I know the exams haven't happened yet, but those three are all continuous assessment and I am way too far behind to catch up.

What is this going to be cost wise?
    Will it be the 1500 euro + payment for each module?

Advertisement