Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TomTom Map Updates.....dont do it

Options
  • 20-08-2009 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭

Hi All

Recently I got a brainwave that I would update my maps on my tomtom satnav. The maps that I had were the original maps that came with the system in 2007. The maps that I had on it were extremely detailed giving all townslands etc in Ireland (an absolute must if your travelling to anybodys house in the middle of the country)
    Anyway, went ahead and downloaded the new maps (following instructions exactly.....ie remove old maps to backup file on computer etc) and found that the majority of townslands etc are not marked. Contacted tomtom to see what the issue is and they instructed me to update my tomtom operating software. Done this and then reinstalled the new maps. No change....majority of townslands are still missing. They then said that I would have to fill in the townslands myself. I laughed and told them that there are over 55,000 townslands in Ireland. I then said that while they work on the problem, I would reinstall my old maps (slightly out of date but better than nothing) and to my horror, they will not transfer back. Tomtom are trying to fig this all out but in the meantime, its back to OSI paper maps for me

I suppose the message is dont update tomtom maps or software for the foreseeable future until this mess is resolved

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

Eventually got my old maps re-installed
    Now trying to get Tomtom to refund fees for their supposed "upgrade" :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Sat Navs are useless in Ireland Without Postcodes! I have Garmin with 2008 Maps half the roads i drive on im appartently going threw a Field mainly the M6 & Bypasses :rolleyes:

Advertisement