Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What height 37" LCD from floor

Options
  • 19-08-2009 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

I will be hanging a LCD 37 " over the fireplace (no fire by the way) what height should the bottom of the TV be to the ground,Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

castle,

I'm moving this general query into the Home Entertainment forum, should get attention there and others will be interested in the replies, no doubt.

ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Not so high that you will strain your neck looking at it! My advice: unless you have a very, very low fireplace put your tv elsewhere. I like it when the top of tv screen is about eye level when sitting on the couch. No strain when viewing at all.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Castle,

I'm leaving this query here in DIY for now, but you could have a look at our Video Displays Forum here - the issue of placing screens over a fireplace has had an outing already, you might get further info from it: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055507425

Usual practice is to locate a screen at about head height - I can't get comfortable looking at screens that are that high up on the wall. If you have no other option I would suggest that you consider locating the screen as low as practicable on the fireplace, and get a tilting bracket so that you can tilt the screen downwards a bit. I appreciate that a fireplace is the focal point of many living rooms, but strongly agree with the previous poster, if you can accomodate the screen at head height, take that option.

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭castle

The Ritz wrote: »
    Castle,

I'm leaving this query here in DIY for now, but you could have a look at our Video Displays Forum here - the issue of placing screens over a fireplace has had an outing already, you might get further info from it: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055507425

Usual practice is to locate a screen at about head height - I can't get comfortable looking at screens that are that high up on the wall. If you have no other option I would suggest that you consider locating the screen as low as practicable on the fireplace, and get a tilting bracket so that you can tilt the screen downwards a bit. I appreciate that a fireplace is the focal point of many living rooms, but strongly agree with the previous poster, if you can accommodate the screen at head height, take that option.
    T

Ritz.
    hanks for help, only option is fireplace as we have bog bookcase,piano in the same room and the other corners don't do the job,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

The Ritz wrote: »
    if you can accomodate the screen at head height, take that option.

I totally agree. I know it's a matter of personal preference but for me not having to look up, down, left or right makes the whole viewing experience much more comfortable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement