Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Appreciation Thread

Options
  • 17-08-2009 1:33pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭

As we receive our offers today it's set in stone now that for the majority of us our time in this forum (leaving cert bit) has come to an end.

I would just like to say a big thanks to boards and also to everyone on here for the tips,help and just general encouragement throughout the last few months.

This was my saviour in the weeks leading up to the L.C as it narrowed my study and gave me a direction in which to work.

THANKS.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Hear Hear!
    Thanks boards!

Thanks to Boards and its posters...

There are lots of very helpful posters in this forum, they've certainly helped me on certain occasions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

Thanks to all the boardsies who stayed up with me the night before results and who distracted me from my studies coming up to the LC:D

Hey....WE DID IT!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Cheers *clicks glasses*
    we're finally finished, well done guys :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭GA361

Goodbyeeeeeeeeeee!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

Thanks for the help guys. It certainly made things easier seeing everyone else freaking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Hear, hear. Saying that I planning on having a look every so often in here to help the next generation of LC"ers" and direct and help them.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

Celebratory drinks are in order!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

il never forget the romp that people went on when the english paper was leaked:P

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

My favourite moment:

28rzij9.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I want to thank Spurious, it was nice to have a teacher around to give us all the facts we needed. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 brothersport

*firstpost*
    thanks for the help, contributers of boards. even while lurking this forum proved to be immensely useful in the months before and after the Leaving Cert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I'll be back again next year :P Thanks though,it actually has been a great run :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

phasers wrote: »
    I want to thank Spurious, it was nice to have a teacher around to give us all the facts we needed. :)

And janeybabe, who also popped in from time to time! 'Specially around the time of the whole English 2 thing! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Let's give it up for the mods, guys.

They had an extra-demanding year, what with the Apocalyptic furore over English II and all. Stellar people. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭OxfordComma

Thank you all. You helped keep my sanity (relatively) intact during the LC, and for that, I'm extremely grateful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Thanks guys you all managed to make me laugh despite the stress!
    If only you all appreciated how difficult that was!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭manutd4life

thanks everyone.you gave great advice and you helped me do well in my leaving

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭not bakunin

i'm pretty sure that the epic french novellas on the recession etc posted by someone i cant remember on the LC honours French thread the night before the exam was instrumental in getting me a C1........................so, merci et au revoir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I, eh, couldn't have done it without you. ;)

Seriously though lads, do you not think you wasted a lot of studying time on boards?? I know I did:D Still, a great help it must be said. One thing I'll say is that there's a lovely, friendly atmosphere in this forum, from the mods right down to the members. I hope this continues on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭mikeglee

Thanks to boards and all of the mods, i do really hope to be logging back in next year from over in england (where i am going to college) and give all of those keen leaving certs the best advice that I can offer them. BOARDS FOR LIFE! <*Beats Chest*>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

-fist bump-

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Thanks for the nice words, guys, mods tend to get more roars of Modnazi!!1! :mad: than thanks! :D

Remember that there is more to Boards than the LC forum ... many of you may find the college forums esp. useful in the near future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭alexcorb1991

Thanks to everyone on here and mods for helping out especially during the leaked paper 2 fiasco:rolleyes:

Goodbye LC forum and hello UL forum:)

Nerin and star-pants have just stepped down, so a big thanks to them for helping out from the whole English paper two fiasco until now.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Nerin and star-pants have just stepped down ...
    O_o

Wow, things happen fast around here sometimes!
    ... so a big thanks to them ...
    Hear hear! :)

O_o

Wow, things happen fast around here sometimes!

They certainly do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Yeah thanks to all,People who helped out,The mods keeping the place tidy,ESPECIALLY during English Paper panic :pac:

It's quite good to look back on it knowing all the panic is over and for most of us,We'll never have to sit any exam as hard as that again(unlucky for those in Medicine,I'd assume the Leaving will be easy compared to theirs :pac: )

All in all it was good while I was here,And I'll try my best to help out the "Twenty ten" students when I'm all finished with my first year exams :p

EDit:Also thanks to all the mods who were temporarily drafted in for the 40,000 view 1,000 reply thread,Or something crazy like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

This forum was a huge help to me when I did my exams 2 years ago and this year I was very happy to help out. It's a fantastic resource for anyone doing the dreaded exams and every year it has so students, former students and teachers making great contributions to it.

So thanks to everyone who was part of the forum this year and best of luck to everyone who is going off to college! :)
    Nerin and star-pants have just stepped down, so a big thanks to them for helping out from the whole English paper two fiasco until now.

+1. Job well done guys! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

I'm sure we'll all meet again...in the college forums....:D

Or popping back here to give the new LCers advice

Advertisement