Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

its been a few days since our last countdown.......

Options
  • 16-08-2009 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

so, it is........16hrs 24 minutes until offers...
    hows everyone feeling?
    confident?
    hopeful?
    devastated?
    ill?
    what are you going for?
    will you be up at 6am?
    will you accept it straight away?
    CAO....offers? what????

people could also post what there hoping for and then afterwards what they got.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

I am feeling confident after results but there is still that little niggling feeling in my stomach when I think about it.
    I will be up as early as possible in order to try and figure out how to turn on Teletext.
    And if the offer is what I want it to be, I'll accept it straight away.
    Can't wait to have something definite!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Very confident. Needed 450 (Engineering tcd) and got 530

Will be getting up close enough to 6 anyway cause ive got to go to work later then so may aswell accept it early!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭RandomIrl

snazzy wrote: »
    I will be up as early as possible in order to try and figure out how to turn on Teletext.!

why teletext?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Isaac702

Well I am very confident that I will get what I want.
    I needed 300 (Computer Applications - DCU) and received 415.

I will more than likely be up as early as I can to accept the position however my body clock is still out because of being in Canada. Due to this I will see what happens tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Not totally confident, I'm cutting it very close.

I don't think I'll be getting up at 6AM though, the offer will still be there when I wake up at 9!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Mr.Helpful

Tbh I'll probally enjoy my sleep and wait for the post to come. Pretty confident that I'll get my first choice so not at all worried!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

i'm as sick as a dog atm but i'll still be up at 6am to check TT.

Do the letters arrive tomorrow as well?

yeh they do, but knowing my post man, we will get tomorrows post some time next week...probably after the time for accepting!! oh..an post..ta sibh go h-iontach!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Isaac702

Does anyone know at what time we can accept the offers if we applied online?

Also for anyone who isn't sure how to use teletext. Use the easier option. http://www.rte.ie/aertel/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

Isaac702 wrote: »
    Does anyone know at what time we can accept the offers if we applied online?

Also for anyone who isn't sure how to use teletext. Use the easier option. http://www.rte.ie/aertel/

cheers for that linky. So if it's on the proper TT at 6am it will be on that site too at the same time ye?

• Advertisement

AFAIK...straight away!! 6am even though...im a bit scared that my acceptance would be lost in cyberspace at that time!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Saul-Good

Here's the exact page the CAO points are on, none of the tables are up yet though it's just the colleges. http://www.rte.ie/aertel/750-01.html

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭dermo1990

I'm feeling fairly confident. Got 495 (should've been 500/510, getting economics appealed) and Trinity engineering is around 450....so I'm hoping that should be enough

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

I got 310 and im praying for my second preference, which is 315(please god let the points go down!).if i dont get it i wont get any others on my cao coz the points are higher the lower they go in the list(funnily enuf,the ones i liked the most had lower points than the ones i was less interested in).
    I bet the internets gonna be real slow tomoro with all the students throughout ireland logging in at the same time(6am on the nose!)to find out the course they got! we'd probably be better off just sleepin until we naturally wake up(unless u have work or something). I'm so sensitive to excitement, ill probably be up all nite pacin the floors, tryin not to get sick with the excitement to be honest!
    And even if i miss out on it, i will TRY to console myself with the reminder that i can do a PLC instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Polarity

Going for Applied Physics in DCU which is 375, got 440 so I'm pretty confident. Can't wait for the offers so I can be sure!

Well I am very confident that I will get what I want.
    I needed 300 (Computer Applications - DCU) and received 415.

Hah, one of my friends is going for that too. He got 470! :rolleyes:

fingers crossed everyone gets their courses...and 'Only a couple more weeks until exams are finally over' time to change your sig.....

12hours..5 minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Mallox

where can you see the points for this year??? d the earliest place to find it please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭rhapsody!

I'm counting down until Thursday for my UCAS offer lol.
    Kinda worried if I don't get it that my first CAO option will have expired on its limited-time-to-accept thing..

rhapsody! wrote: »
    I'm counting down until Thursday for my UCAS offer lol.
    Kinda worried if I don't get it that my first CAO option will have expired on its limited-time-to-accept thing..
    you get a week.....until the 25th to accept CAO offers

8hrs 34 minutes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

5 hundred, 25 thousand, 600 minutes

snazzy wrote: »
    5 hundred, 25 thousand, 600 minutes

what??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 UnDeNiAbLe

yikes!!... no sleep tonight............sigh.......
    o by the way can u check this years points on teletext?

yeh aertel page 750 then...the corresponding colleges!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

RandomIrl wrote: »
    what??
    It's the length of a year in minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 3 TeenyTinyC

I am absolutely bricking it.

Going for Med in Galway... 732 points total and not a clue how many points I might need.....:(

*Groans like frog on motilium ad*

732 is brilliant.....(i think)!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 TeenyTinyC

optimism is gone from me now..ive resorted to valium!!!!

but seriously your score is rather impressive.from what i can gather of the whole system!!

• Advertisement

TeenyTinyC wrote: »
    I am absolutely bricking it.

Going for Med in Galway... 732 points total and not a clue how many points I might need.....:(

*Groans like frog on motilium ad*

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Advertisement