Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nes displaying B&W

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭cynos

If it was mine I would be maybe trying this out, seems fairly simple to do
    http://www.gamesx.com/rgbadd/nes2avmod.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Did you try re-tuning the channel with the donor rf lead? If all else fails, you may buy a new tv :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

EnterNow wrote: »
    Did you try re-tuning the channel with the donor rf lead? If all else fails, you may buy a new tv :pac:

yep, tried and tried.
    It really does look like a TV issue, no way around it

What happened the old tv/dvd combo you had? And in fairness to cynos, that av mod looks quite straight foreward, why not perform the mod and use a scart adaptor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I like to keep my consoles original. The fact is I dont need to mod it, i just need to find another way around it

As for the old TV, it was left for the skip by the old landlord :(

• Advertisement

Tallon wrote: »
    I like to keep my consoles original. The fact is I dont need to mod it, i just need to find another way around it

As for the old TV, it was left for the skip by the old landlord :(

With mods like that, I prefer to think of them as only unlocking an existing capability - for want of better terminology. Its not as if your filling the nes with led's, and putting a "deadly" skin on the console. If the machine has the capability of displaying the higher quality av signals, why not use 'em?

If your adament then its definitely the tv's, then Im afraid your only "other way around it", is to replce the tv. You've eliminated the wire, tried it on several tv's, short of the mod, I dont see any further options other than a new 50/60hz tv.

Advertisement