Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

minx of a garda took my car

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

slimjimmc wrote: »
    AFIAK those dockets have absolutely no legal status and so do not allow you to drive without displaying all the relevant discs. However most reasonable Gardaí would cut you some slack if the sale was fairly recent but that's at their discretion.

Or a malformed 13, considering that was the day the tax office stamped the form, or the clerk just misread the stamp and set it to 19 instead of 13.
    I'd be more certain it of it being a 14. It's much easier to misread it as a 19, it happens all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭leitrim lad

im not going to voice my opinion on this matter ,but you should all know by know what a pack of politically led time wasters our begrudging gardai are , they really like to open many cans of worms for no reason what so ever,

a sheer waste of tax payers money

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

tom-thebox wrote: »
    I called the station to complain and got all the ombudsmans details.

Was the gaurd right to take the vechile?

It is an offence to fail to display a valid tax disk. Insurance I'm not sure of but definately illegal not to have the disk for tax, that's why the month's grace is there.

Fair enough he may have been a bit off with you or unfair in your opinion, but legally he had every right to take your car I'm afraid. GSOC aren't going to reprimand him for following the rules to the letter either.
    im not going to voice my opinion on this matter ,but you should all know by know what a pack of politically led time wasters our begrudging gardai are , they really like to open many cans of worms for no reason what so ever,

I see what you did there. Trying to qualify the rubbish in your statement by placing "I'm not really going to" etc in front of it. Grow up a bit will you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

There are a lot of Gardai who do their job as they should and I personally am grateful to them for that. But it has to be said that there are a terrible lot of pricks in the force who totally abuse their position and spend their time making everybody's life a nuisance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

This is 'thread of the day' apparently. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Hal1 wrote: »
    This is 'thread of the day' apparently. :confused:

Somehow, yes it is

• Registered Users Posts: 21 zmchris

Im kinda in the same sort of problem my car was taken of me on the side of the road for having no tax ban garda hops in and boots off down the road Anyways taxed my car drove to navan to get my car back and they told me that the car had some problem with the brakes witch is a load of crap cuz recently had them done. the said They said they where sending it to get psv,ed what ever that is:mad::mad::mad::mad: and told me that it could take anything up to a week and i would still have to pay the impound on it 150 plus 35 a day basicly i wasnt getting the car back until the guard that seized it said so went to a garda staison in swords nand they said they never heard of this psv can any body help me????????:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

zmchris wrote: »
    Im kinda in the same sort of problem my car was taken of me on the side of the road for having no tax ban garda hops in and boots off down the road Anyways taxed my car drove to navan to get my car back and they told me that the car had some problem with the brakes witch is a load of crap cuz recently had them done. the said They said they where sending it to get psv,ed what ever that is:mad::mad::mad::mad: and told me that it could take anything up to a week and i would still have to pay the impound on it 150 plus 35 a day basicly i wasnt getting the car back until the guard that seized it said so went to a garda staison in swords nand they said they never heard of this psv can any body help me????????:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

If it is being PSV'd then you are liable only for the first days fee of €125. Nothing more......apart from whatever ticket/summons that may be issued.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

zmchris wrote: »
    Please read the charter and don't resurrect old threads - start a new thread instead.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement