Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ronnie Drew Tribute/Statue?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    There's another pub inside O'Donoghue's? Jaysus - did O'Donoghue's go on a mad pub eating rampage or something and devour a load of other watering holes? :eek:

:D Shurrup!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Joe Dolan should get one first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Wait until they all die then build one for all of them there is a recession on after all.

If you cant wait then buy a gun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Rebelheart wrote: »
    I had much more time for Luke Kelly's singing but a statue to both of them or The Dubliners would be a nice addition to the Dublin landscape, insofar as statues of mere mortals have any purpose at all. But that's another issue.

yeah, exactly, why have a statue to someone who didn't blow anybody up :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

a Ronnie Drew Petting Zoo would be nicer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

a Ronnie Drew Petting Zoo would be nicer.

I thought O'Searcaigh had that one sewn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I thought O'Searcaigh had that one sewn up.

thats the "heavy petting" Zoo...its different.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Joe Dolan should get one first.

He did...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

A bio of luke has just started on RTE1 TV,bound to include mention of Ronnie(to stay sort of on topic!:)) finishs at midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

ynotdu wrote: »
    A bio of luke has just started on RTE1 TV,bound to include mention of Ronnie(to stay sort of on topic!:)) finishs at midnight.

I hate being in England... anyone know a proxy to watch RTE's iplayer thing on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭mickos

brummytom wrote: »
    It doesn't seem to be up online yet Tom either ways. Great show though. Interview with Ronnie re: Luke. Some of the techies here will sort it for you i'm sure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

Programme on Luke Kelly on RTÉ 1 at the moment, 18 August 2009. It's called simply 'Luke'. They are now talking about his massive funeral and how "all Dublin stopped" (Des Geraghty). Phil Coulter, Christy Moore, Bono, Gerry Adams and a whole slew of people are contributing to it.

Is it this by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭mickos

That s it Tom. After watching it I'm sitting back now having a can and listening to a bit of Luke. What a legend. Excellent documentary as well.

Hi,ya brummy,i am not teasing i swear,it was excellant.

He died aged just 44,i could not believe that:(

proxys are a bit dodgy,a lot of them are fronts for accesing all your files passwords etc.

there are some genuine ones but are mainly for the Chinese to by-pass censorship there,also they do not support streaming video in most cases.

there is a good one i know of that does the biz,the trial period is only for three days and limits you to an American ip.

im not sure if i can post its name as it is pay software,but you can choose to appear to be in almost every country to watch their players with the full version.
    if you are interested i can PM you its name.
    cheers.

I watched it about a year ago but had forgotten about it until tonight - just started watching it again; it's great.

God bless kellyoneill for uploading it (anyone who's ever watched a video of Luke on youtube has probably watched a video she's uploaded)

EDIT: Cheers ynotdu, but I've got it now.. no need for pesky proxys :P

I watched it about a year ago but had forgotten about it until tonight - just started watching it again; it's great.

God bless kellyoneill for uploading it (anyone who's ever watched a video of Luke on youtube has probably watched a video she's uploaded)

EDIT: Cheers ynotdu, but I've got it now.. no need for pesky proxys :P

i did not notice your link Brummy as it was translated to THIS(i must practice that sometime:))
    glad you can watch it,and now i have saved the link to my favourites so i can watch it again when the mood takes...........:)

so i owe ya one!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

Is it this by any chance?

That's the one. I never heard of GoogleVideos until your link. Seems pretty cool. I'm going to check now if they have entire movies on there! Thanks!

Advertisement