Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Utterly miserable...

Options
  • 11-08-2009 11:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

Good god, if it's not one of the most miserable days in ages. There's just something about today, it's been raining and overcast for a while now, but today's different, I woke up freezing cold and looking outside, it just seems dreadful. It's like someone just switched off summer. Maybe nobody else feels it, but god, I feel like today is just as miserable a day as I've seen in a long time.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Yeah, tomorrows dole day, youre always down to pennies on a Tuesday, its enough to make anyone depressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Lovely bit of sun down in waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

It's sunny in Cork!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Long Onion

Today is indeed a miserable day Mr Hungus. My job is particularly sucky today, the first thing I read in the paper was that apalling Baby P story, now it's teeming down with that really misty rain that soaks you to the soul.

And there isn't even a humourous thread going to lighten the mood, i think I'll go and catch swine flu and then blog my symptoms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

it's a lovely day in blackrock, absolutely gorgeous.

However, I, as a northsider, am terrified to go outside lest I be kicked to death by a group of rugby school boys.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Not a cloud in the sky up here in Dublin :P

Life is good!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

It's dull as fcuk outside. Enough to make anyone miserable!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭CR 7

If it makes you feel any better, the weather's lovely here. Sun shining, not a cloud in the sky. Hope that helps.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,476 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Easily one of the nicest days of the summer so far here in Dun Laoghaire!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Doctor Rob

Not really. Life is great. I'm glad I'm not you today OP.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Tell me about it.And you have to drag yourself out of bed and turn up for a job that you just hate.
    You turn the radio on and all you hear is how much the country is fooked.More taxes in the budget,cutbacks in public services.

Shoulvde stayed in bed today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

Sun is shining in through the window here (Park West). Have actually got a good bit of work done today. The MOnday zombie-ness has well and truly shifted.
    Life is good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Yeah I feel like crap today as well, Maybe it's because I'm waking up somewhere other than bloody home though..grr

SV wrote: »
    Yeah I feel like crap today as well, Maybe it's because I'm waking up somewhere other than bloody home though..grr
    Durty stop-out!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

It's a decidedly average day where I am. Too warm if anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Greasy day indeed. We were just saying last night that there isn't much left of this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Yeah, today is pretty ****.

It doesn't help that there's no food in the house so I'm also starving... there's not even any milk for some tea :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

bigkev49 wrote: »

Wonderful! :)

Now I feel all warm and cozy.

All I need now is a nice big mug of coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

I've decided to have curry chips and a quarter pounder for lunch in order to make this day just that little bit more bearable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

It's sunny here in Cork but the heat makes me very tired. Although I complain about the lack of sun, when it comes I complain about the heat.

I miss the rain :pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Larkin501 wrote: »
    It's sunny here in Cork but the heat makes me very tired. Although I complain about the lack of sun, when it comes I complain about the heat.

I miss the rain :pac:
    not even the rain wants to go to cork, go figure :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Nice in London :)

Kiera wrote: »
    Durty stop-out!

So much of a dirty stop out I'm not even in Ireland anymore :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭cathysworld

Sunny in Carlow but still a bit sad :( Work is so pointless!!

SV wrote: »
    So much of a dirty stop out I'm not even in Ireland anymore :P
    Expensive ride!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Its like being smothered under a damn, homeless winos blanket in Galway. Its been drizzling since 10am and I'm wet to my ares-crack going around town on a bike.

'c

Kiera wrote: »
    Expensive ride!

E115.72 to be exact!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Advertisement