Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know anything bout iPods

Options
  • 10-08-2009 7:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

Hey guys
    Got no response in the Apple Media forum and I gotta figure out whats wrong in the next hour :confused:
    Here's the prob.....
    So I had the "unknown errors" (-69) and (-48) one day out of the blue (80GB ipod classic btw)
    I googled em, followed the steps, fixed em, I even deleted all my music so there would be no "corrupted files"

Now all of a sudden out of the blue its starting this ****e again, ringing apple support is no help they can't even understnad what i'm saying.
    I 'm tyring to fix the erorrs following the same steps and it wont let me.

now my iTunes wont work(iTunes is not responding). My OS is vista. It won't error check my iPod like I need it too. I don't understand what is goin on. Should I bring my iPod back i'm so fcuking sick of having problems with it over and over again. I don't know how files taken from a CD could become corrupted in the 1st place!Oh and when I click on My iPod in the Computer section so I can error check my whole feckin OS is down for ten minutes. WTF??

Please help as I need an Mp3 player for work, I'm screwed without one.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭MelonieHead

Know anything about I-Pods?

I know that I can get an MP3 player to do the same job for less money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭HouseHippo

Know anything about I-Pods?

I know that I can get an MP3 player to do the same job for less money.
    I know that I already bought an iPod cause I need it for studio work so i'm afraid that doesn't really help unless you want to buy me one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

You're going to be even more annoyed when this thread get locked. Not trying to be cheeky or anything by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Sounds as if your computer has caught the System32 virus.

TheZohan wrote: »
    Do indulge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

HouseHippo wrote: »
    I gotta figure out whats wrong in the next hour :confused:

What happens in an hour? Will something explode?

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

nibtrix wrote: »
    What happens in an hour? Will something explode?
    Yeah my head and my boss
    and possibly the iPod

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

TheZohan wrote: »
    yeah you'd better delete your system32 folder

phasers wrote: »
    yeah you'd better delete your system32 folder
    k, thanks so much for your help, I was gonna get into so much trouble If i didn't fix this before work and I'm on the work comp and I know nothign bout computers at all
    Took me ages to get this job don't wanna get fired already with rent to pay and all
    Thanks so so much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

OP, odds are you're not going to get a fix for this. My advice is get off the internet and look for a loan of an Ipod asap if you need it for work.

Schism wrote: »
    OP, odds are you're not going to get a fix for this. My advice is get off the internet and look for a loan of an Ipod asap if you need it for work.
    Its not the iPod its the music, I need the music off it onto any portable media player but i can't get in touch with anyone :( I've bee trying all day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Hey guys
    Got no response in the Apple Media forum and I gotta figure out whats wrong in the next hour :confused:
    Here's the prob.....
    So I had the "unknown errors" (-69) and (-48) one day out of the blue (80GB ipod classic btw)
    I googled em, followed the steps, fixed em, I even deleted all my music so there would be no "corrupted files"

Now all of a sudden out of the blue its starting this ****e again, ringing apple support is no help they can't even understnad what i'm saying.
    I 'm tyring to fix the erorrs following the same steps and it wont let me.

now my iTunes wont work(iTunes is not responding). My OS is vista. It won't error check my iPod like I need it too. I don't understand what is goin on. Should I bring my iPod back i'm so fcuking sick of having problems with it over and over again. I don't know how files taken from a CD could become corrupted in the 1st place!Oh and when I click on My iPod in the Computer section so I can error check my whole feckin OS is down for ten minutes. WTF??

Please help as I need an Mp3 player for work, I'm screwed without one.
    Hey guys
    Here's the prob.....
    So I had the "unknown errors" (-69) and (-48)
    "unknown errors" (-69)

tman wrote: »
    Erm... Shouldn't you be working instead of listening to music?
    I need the fcuking music to do my fcuking job

Ok so i'm deleting the system 32 folder like I was told, hopefully this works and I can get this up and running I have an hour before doors open

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Ok so i'm deleting the system 32 folder like I was told, hopefully this works and I can get this up and running I have an hour before doors open

You're not serious?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Quit with the attitude kid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

And I just gave you your 69th internet!

Spooky...

Fcukety fcuk fcuk fcuk!

You're not serious?
    yeah that phasers guy told me to don it said it'll fix it all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Bye bye work computer.

Bye bye work computer.
    why I was told by Phasers and The Zohan this would fix it

phasers wrote: »
    Quit with the attitude kid
    what, kid i'm 20

yeah that phasers guy told me to don it said it'll fix it all

Well there's no way in hell you'd be left with a system32 virus after you did that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Oh it'll fix it. It'll fix it good.

This way you won't have a functioning copy of Windows to give you error codes.

Not that I believe for one second that you'll be able to delete System 32 without going out of your way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

Bye Bye System 32, Bye Bye Computer, Bye Bye Job.

I said it might be a System32 virus, I didn't tell you how to fix it. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

what, kid i'm 20
    But you're acting like a kid. BTW, I believe Phasers to be of the female variety.

Edit: I was gonna let this go, but they're right. Deleting that folder is not a good idea.

Well there's no way in hell you'd be left with a system32 virus after you did that.
    Good, so hopefully it fixes it cause I'm doing a huge gig and doors are open at 8, all the backing tracks are on the iPod as well as the intro music and all. I cann't afford to give the organisers money back if it ****s up

• Advertisement

Good, so hopefully it fixes it cause I'm doing a huge gig and doors are open at 8, all the backing tracks are on the iPod as well as the intro music and all. I cann't afford to give the organisers money back if it ****s up

Instead of using the iPod, why don't you put the music on CDs?

That way you don't need to fix anything...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement