Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No to NAMA Facebook page

Options
  • 10-08-2009 11:44am

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=233861925262

There will be protests and thats where to get the info

Its clearly a bailout for the developers and banks. Buy up all the property from them and screw us for generations.

The taxpayer does not want a 30 year mortgage for every goddamn stinkin overpriced crappy apartment in the country :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

We only have weeks to oppose this!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Waken me up when there's a 'No to Facebook causes' page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Long Onion

C'mon everyone, sign up. It'll be graet fun, you can poke Liam Carroll, throw snowballs at Paddy Kelly and then do some celebrity lookalike quizzes.

I think that a facebook page will definately sort it all out.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Ah yes internet petitions and anti-something or other Facebook pages. They really get the job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

something has to be done we are being led like lambs to the slaughter

how the fcuk can we look our children and grandchildren in the eye

knowing we let these corrupt thieves rob the taxpayer now and for generations

to come

AND WE LET IT HAPPEN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Waken me up when there's a 'No to Facebook causes' page

There was one with about 79 members, but it was asking for donations for some gay rights centre, so it's probably just some retarded attention grabbing scheme from someone who will spam you with gay rights stuff.

So I started one here.
    I'm fully aware that it is in fact a Facebook cause, and that therefore it is stupid and a waste of my time, but that's time I would've just spent reading Boards anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Ah yes internet petitions and anti-something or other Facebook pages. They really get the job done.
    In fairness they're organising a protest through it, so if it works as a means to getting more people off their fat arses and onto the streets then it'll have accomplished something... Might even get onto reeling in the years 2009.

something has to be done we are being led like lambs to the slaughter

knowing we let these corrupt thieves rob the taxpayer now and for generations

to come

AND WE LET IT HAPPEN

Interesting formatting in your post. Is there a logic behind it or is it just random use of the enter key every so often?

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Matt Santos

Just as a matter of interest............
    Would we as a nation have been able to stage a world sports event ie Olympics, Soccer World Cup, Rugby World Cup or World Swimming Championships with the money that we are now spending on NAMA?

markok84 wrote: »
    In fairness they're organising a protest through it, so if it works as a means to getting more people off their fat arses and onto the streets then it'll have accomplished something... Might even get onto reeling in the years 2009.

Well if they're organising real world stuff it's better than the usual nonsense.

I'm not on Facebook though, can I still go or will they be asking for login details at the assembly of the protest?
    Would we as a nation have been able to stage a world sports event ie Olympics, Soccer World Cup, Rugby World Cup or World Swimming Championships with the money that we are now spending on NAMA?

No. It's a different type of money altogether. Can't be used for sporting or cultural events.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Will put links for these sites on my site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Causes - the new charity wristbands.

Not enough to make a small modest donation? Oh no, people need to see how caring you are. Ignore the fact that the medium through which you present your 'cause' represents the very structure you rail against.

efla wrote: »
    Ignore the fact that the medium through which you present your 'cause' represents the very structure you rail against.

Facebook represents NAMA now? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Look at the poster.

Not possible to take it seriously.
    Looks like a load of internet warriors. Facebook people join groups because their friends do. Pointless!

I'm backing NAMA. I think its a good idea, banks need to be able to start lending again properly. The debt needs to be taken away from them. The government is trying to help kick start the economy from the ground up.

no, but we would have been able to go on one all mercyful bender.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

I thought for a second that this thread was a petition against NAMA setting up their own Facebook page. That FB page would be even better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Rabies wrote: »

I'm backing NAMA. I think its a good idea, banks need to be able to start lending again properly.

Edited: I'm backing NAMA. I think its a good idea, banks need to be able to start lending squandering again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

If they are trying to help the banks, why is every one of my business friends telling me that they still are having atrocious problems getting funds from their own banks - which they have been with for decades!

The money has been passed to the banks by the government now multiple times - but the banks as a further consequence IS NOT passing it down to the business people at local level!

I'm not on Facebook though, can I still go or will they be asking for login details at the assembly of the protest?

You're not on faceboob? How do you stalk chicks?:confused:

I'm backing NAMA. I think its a good idea, banks need to be able to start lending again properly. The debt needs to be taken away from them. The government is trying to help kick start the economy from the ground up.

I'm backing NAMA for a different reason, I think it will afford the oppurtunity for more sensible development in the future because large portions of zoned land will become the property of the state, that's assuming that it will be run correctly though (which it won't).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Look at the poster.

Not possible to take it seriously.
    Looks like a load of internet warriors. Facebook people join groups because their friends do. Pointless!

Yep it's great idea, massively overpay for worthless chunks of land and unsold developments in the back arse of nowhere, and stiff the taxpayer with the bill, brilliant. If done properly, NAMA has a chance, but with the current shower of incompetents, it hasn't a hope.

Nate

Facebook represents NAMA now? :confused:

No, 'causes' in general. Presenting your plea for armchair social justice through a 'fat cat capitalist' website.

And similar contradictions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Bend down a little?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 gamblor1975

I'm backing NAMA as it seems to be the only show in town. I have yet to hear of a decent alternative from any of the nay-sayers. I've heard some nonsense that a run on the banks would be a great way to solve this problem.:rolleyes: I would prefer if it was more transparent though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

There should be a "No to Facebook" page

i fooking hate facebook

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I thought it was called NAMBLA?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

efla wrote: »
    No, 'causes' in general. Presenting your plea for armchair social justice through a 'fat cat capitalist' website.

And similar contradictions.

There is nothing capitalist about NAMA.
    I'm backing NAMA as it seems to be the only show in town. I have yet to hear of a decent alternative from any of the nay-sayers. I've heard some nonsense that a run on the banks would be a great way to solve this problem. I would prefer if it was more transparent though!

I'd tend to agree, letting the banks fail isn't an option. It is the Implementation of NAMA that should have you worried though, the NAMA Bill is as watertight a sieve.

Nate

There is nothing capitalist about NAMA

I wasn't talking specifically about NAMA, but since you brought it up - what?

Of course NAMA is 'capitalist' - it emerged in response to the effects of a global financial crisis involving significant movements of Irish capital and accumulation of debt....?

I've been saying that one to people over the last while and nobody gets it so I gave up. Guess nobody else cares about Marlon Brando lookalikes as much as we do. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Long Onion

I'm against NAMA but only because it's an anagram of NAAM, and none of you realise the true horrors of NAAM 'CAUSE YOU WEREN'T THERE MAN, YOU WEREN'T THERE ...!!!!!!!!!

On a more serious note, we're goosed if we do and goosed if we don't can we just go for the cheapest option?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

No, we had them running the country for decades already and, based on the Ryan report, it didn't work out too well so we'd be better off going with the Marlon Brando lookalikes this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭flanzer

No way am I joining this. The NAMA jingle has got me hook, line and sinker. I love NAMA

Ma-NAMA-Na

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement