Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So If you had to chose a religion which one would you chose.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    I'd join a Cargo cult.

They just make sense to me

When I was a naive and gullible 13 year old, I was very much enthralled by the Erich von Däniken "God/Astronaut" books, in which he makes a case that Judaism and Christianity are the ultimate "Cargo Cults".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

Actually, I'd go with these guys: http://www.discovertheleague.org/

They make the notion of finding enlightenment via cannabis seem like practicing a trans-pacific swim by paddling in a bathtub. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Actually, I'd go with these guys: http://www.discovertheleague.org/

They make the notion of finding enlightenment via cannabis seem like practicing a trans-pacific swim by paddling in a bathtub. :pac:

Wouldn't that shorten your quality of life in the long run though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

How so?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

The thread reminded me of the Q&A section of a talk by Christopher Hitchens. Anyone who has the talk to hand can test my memory on the accuracy of the quoting....

Q. I have a friend styles himself as an "allegorical pagan". He feels in himself a biological need to be part of a circle of believers which he feels helps with his rather fragile emotional demeanor and depression that he goes through. So what he has done is to try and find the least obnoxious religion that he can find and then proceed to not take it too seriously. What would you say to such a person.

Hitchens: Well that used to be called the Church Of England, or the Unitarians about whom Bertrand Russel said "The great thing about them is that they believe in one god.... maximum".

• Advertisement
Advertisement