Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Analysis" in the Sunday Independent

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Rainbowrapids

Kevin Myers is the most honest man in Ireland?

Just shows how little honesty there is in this banana republic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

Salvelinus wrote: »
    Yes, the finest mind of the Victorian Era.

yawn

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

irish_bob wrote: »
    kevin myers is the most honest man in ireland

Yawn!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,938 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Furet wrote: »
    I gave up buying papers a few years ago. Still, I like to glance at the Sunday Independent online every few weeks. Like its daily sibling paper, it's crap. And getting crappier by the week. Today offered this piece of "analysis" from a commentator called Eilis O'Hanlon:

If that's "analysis" I don't know what a lazy rant would look like.

After my first glance, I was going to ask whether you messed up the punctuation/paragraph breaks when copying and pasting it. After trying to read through that nonsensical stream of racism rant though, I see that adhering to basic standards of readability was low on the author's list of priorities.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

It also seems as though the Indo/Sindo print rants from the public. The French woman complaining about "the Irish" was just as bad, but it didn't require a response from the Indo Columnists.

I think the Indo are putting this obsession with people liking the Irish on to the Irish. I could careless if someone dislikes another countries people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,938 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I wouldn't be surprised if that "French woman" was someone within the Indo staff making up a pile of ****e to get people riled imo. "Name and address with editor" can often be another way of saying that. It's like when someone sign up to boards claiming to be some Polish or Romanian person and going about how "your country is so great, the government gives me a free house and clothes, I'm telling all my friends to come over" for the sake of pushing people's buttons.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

Stark wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if that "French woman" was someone within the Indo staff making up a pile of ****e to get people riled imo. "Name and address with editor" can often be another way of saying that.

no one responded to her letter hence they had to have the columnists respond.

Advertisement