Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Swine Flu Bus

Options
  • 08-08-2009 9:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭

well aint i lucky. i work out at a shop on the main road to letterkenny and two buses stopped and all the kids came into the shop using the toilets and buying stuff away. then one girl says we all have swine flu and i was like yeah very funny, then she tells me its all over the news http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0808/swineflu.html
    it was then i noticed how they were all buying tissues and coughing everywhere. one guy coughed on this hand then handed me the money, then showed me the doctors thing saying he has swine flu, been washing my hands ever since.

you think they wouldn't let them all into a shop to spread the fecking thing. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Looks like Baghdad

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

inode wrote: »
    well aint i lucky. i work out at a shop on the main road to letterkenny and two buses stopped and all the kids came into the shop using the toilets and buying stuff away. then one girl says we all have swine flu and i was like yeah very funny, then she tells me its all over the news http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0808/swineflu.html
    it was then i noticed how they were all buying tissues and coughing everywhere. one guy coughed on this hand then handed me the money, then showed me the doctors thing saying he has swine flu, been washing my hands ever since.

you think they wouldn't let them all into a shop to spread the fecking thing. :confused:

Not your fault Tesco lowered their prices. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Better off getting it now before it goes chronic and the rest of us all die. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

These people have to be made outcasts, how dare they go to the shop with swine flu and then have the cheeck to tell you about it, they should not be left anywhere until there better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

in fairness they should at least be made wear bells around there necks so you know when theyre coming

• Advertisement

You should have had a sign outside your shop saying "No Swine Flu carriers allowed..... except guide dogs..... with swine flu"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-eOjbLsbIo#t=0m12s

Christ man, remember your training!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Nevore wrote: »
    Better off getting it now before it goes chronic and the rest of us all die. :(

That's true.
    These people have to be made outcasts, how dare they go to the shop with swine flu and then have the cheeck to tell you about it, they should not be left anywhere until there better.

Also true, unless of course you wish to do the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭Archeron

indough wrote: »
    in fairness they should at least be made wear bells around there necks so you know when theyre coming

Or Miss Piggy masks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

exactly they should all be in quarantine or in giant bubbles.

• Advertisement

inode wrote: »
    exactly they should all be in quarantine or in giant bubbles.

http://www.crestock.com/images/800000-809999/805738-xs.jpg

May need to put a few air holes in them. This person looks like they're about to die due to lack of oxygen.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

How fcking dare they!

How dare they buy tissues to try and prevent themselves spreading this (pathetic) ailment.. showers of bastards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭eman66

How come other countries isolate outbreaks, like the French in that article, but we send them out to spread the infection? Hope they didn't cross paths with anyone with CF, or we'll have another death.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,388 ✭✭✭Riddle101

lol When I first read the post, I was thinking of a Bus driving off a cliff with all those kids on it:D

Anyway considering they had Swine Flu, i'm surprised they even let the kids get out of the bus. I mean wasn't there anyone thinking, hey those kids are potential health risks, they shouldn't be walking around a store. But then again this is Ireland and i'm sure the HSE will somehow screw up again and kill us all with the Swine Flu. Mary Harney you b!tch:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Its getting closer........to me that is..........

Iam off to the mountain hut with my dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

Looks like Baghdad

Gaeilge-hu Ackbar!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

OP are you sure you're not telling a PORKY :):p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Did any of their faces look like it broke out in a rasher?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

The germs on the bus go round and round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

The only ones not worried about this outbreak are pigs themselves because they know they will be cured.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

chughes wrote: »
    The only ones not worried about this outbreak are pigs themselves because they know they will be cured.

Ham lovin' it.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

christ, I thought it was bad where I work. Had a woman come in to use a computer and send a fax. Was a sick cert, clearly on it stating she has swine flu. The nerv of some people coming into a very public place, when they should be at home, containing the spread.

Needless to say I broke out the alcohol and started cleaning the place down.

Bitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭c0mpliant

This virus will spread itself easily enough without us helping it on its way! If people get sick they need to stay at home as much as possible. If they need something, a friend, a neighbour, family or others need to get it for them.

If anyone I know gets sick, I will do anything they need. I may be wearing a gas mask or face mask at the time, but I'm sure they wont mind!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

My sister's sister in law has a dose of the flu. Her gp told her it was 50:50 whether it was swine flu or not. She arrived back from hols last weekend and was ill by the next day or two I'm not sure. She was at work Thursday and she's a hairdresser. I was disgusted. I girl I know was in her salon getting her hair done with this woman. She was sniffing away saying how crap she was. It's her own salon so there wasn't a problem with her taking time off... how many people did she infect??

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

The Swine Flu bus is coming, and everybodys sneezing!
    From letterkenny to waterford, galway to wexford!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Sure they closed down pennies on st marie's street in dublin , two of the staff got swine flue, What did they do send all the staff home shut down for a week.
    I told my gp about it when i was over there and her face just dropped like this :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

brummytom wrote: »
    How fcking dare they!

How dare they buy tissues to try and prevent themselves spreading this (pathetic) ailment.. showers of bastards

TBH, surely it only takes one person to go and buy lots of tissues rather than everyone going and buying their own tissues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

Ann22 wrote: »
    My sister's sister in law has a dose of the flu. Her gp told her it was 50:50 whether it was swine flu or not. She arrived back from hols last weekend and was ill by the next day or two I'm not sure. She was at work Thursday and she's a hairdresser. I was disgusted. I girl I know was in her salon getting her hair done with this woman. She was sniffing away saying how crap she was. It's her own salon so there wasn't a problem with her taking time off... how many people did she infect??

Was listening to TodayFm last week, assuming it was the Last Word programme, when one of the guests said on the show that wearing a mask is of no benefit.

I've no problem with getting it, I've no medical conditions, but I would be worried for those with medical problems. People should have the cop on to stay at home and try to not spread it as best as possible.

As said before, god help any CF sufferer or any one with medical conditions if they encounter one of these muppets.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I was at mass this morning and you wouldn't believe all the coughs and sneezes there was. It was unreal...it was funny for a while but then it got a bit scary:eek:..fcuk! I know there usually is a bark or two to be heard at mass but this was was constant, a chorus of barks from every direction around us. Even the priest was coughing and spluttering into his hand, he was hardly able to talk at all:(.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

The Swine Flu Bus is running
    And everybodys coming
    New York or San Franciso
    There's gonna be a disco!

Advertisement