Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crazy Mainland European Ways!

Options
  • 07-08-2009 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭

What's the weirdest thing yis have seen around Europe?

I was in Germany at a music festival a few days ago. Savage buzz! But I saw some seriously weird things. But I can only remember this one at teh moment 'cause I spent a couple of hundred quid on Jaegermeister.

So I was walking through the campsite and I see this...
    - A lanky bastard, probably about 6 foot 5", with a massive beard and long hair down to his arse dressed as a COWBOY gets out of his one man tent that I'd have a hard time trying to even fit my left testicle into it. Never mind 6 foot 5" of Broke Back Mountain.
    - He whips down his trousers...
    - And he pisses on his fucking tent with hundreds of people around!!!

Right so grand, I'd probably do the same if I was drunk enough... but!

- He got back into the tent! Whaaaa'!!!!!

And everytime I saw the tent for the rest of the festival I'd see him either hanging out of it, or beside it. It didn't bother him like!

Fair ****s to him, he has some balls (really massive like!). I think he should be the European Legend of the Boards!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

At least he didn't piss against someone elses tent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Scumbags transcend borders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Has Technoviking taken on a new form?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Beer in McDonalds!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Dord wrote: »
    Scumbags transcend borders.

Ah here don't bring yer negative anti everything shite into my thread!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

I've seen worse in Dublin in the middle of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,162 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Beer in cinemas (while watching Hangover, oddly enough) and beer at football matches.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

He urinated on his waterproof tent? What's wrong with that?

As for the public act of urinating, why not? Would have been crap if he got stage fright and couldn't do it.. Just stood there with lad in hand, blowing in the wind - that would freak me out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Shops close in Germany on Sundays and the whole country practically comes to a standstill bar restaurants and pubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

netwhizkid wrote: »
    Shops close in Germany on Sundays and the whole country practically comes to a standstill bar restaurants and pubs.

FACHTIN' OF ZE DAAY?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭djk1000

beer in vending machines

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

You should have told him he got the quote wrong, Better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside pissing in.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

FunkZ wrote: »
    Ah here don't bring yer negative anti everything shite into my thread!!!

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

It takes a bit of getting used to but having no shops open on a Sunday is great. Means you can chill out at least one day and do other stuff.

France too, it's great.

Another thing about shops is (by law) you can't have a chemist or a tobacconist in a large shopping centre ... these business can only exist in local business districts/villages.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

This story would only have been impressive if his piss burned a hole in the tent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

KTRIC wrote: »
    Means you can chill out at least one day and do other stuff.

I can stay away from shops on Sunday even when they are open. It is quite easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭sidneykidney

The continental breakfast thats crazy....gimmie a full irish in the morning,specially if its after a heavy session the night before..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Expresso Bongo

They speak English in a variety of funny ways that I can't understand. Sometimes I think they're not even real words at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

France too, it's great.

Another thing about shops is (by law) you can't have a chemist or a tobacconist in a large shopping centre ... these business can only exist in local business districts/villages.

This drives me nuts!!!! When I go to France there is only 1 shop that sells cigarettes and it only opens until noon Mon - Fri! And then if I go out of the village I cannot purchase them in the shopping centre so it means going to another village again! No cigarettes but you can buy beer anywhere!

• Advertisement

Love2love wrote: »
    This drives me nuts!!!! When I go to France there is only 1 shop that sells cigarettes and it only opens until 12pm Mon - Fri! And then if I go out of the village I cannot purchase them in the shopping centre so it means going to another village again! No cigarettes but you can buy beer anywhere!

:) Yeah, used to drive my parents inSANE when they visited (although I've never heard of a shop with as limited opening hours as your one!). Locals are used to it ... they buy cigarettes by the carton rather than by the pack ... but it's a pain in the bum for visitors. I like the reasoning behind it though which is to keep the town centres alive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

you can get beer in cinemas in the UK in some places. I used to get beer in St Kilda in Melbourne at cinema. Ireland just has totally ghey licensing laws.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

I seen several perfectly respectable looking people in Berlin going around at 2am looking through bins for glass bottles.
    They're really big on recycling over there. (Freaks)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

WindSock wrote: »
    Has Technoviking taken on a new form?

I loveee the technoviking.. he's just so, bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,943 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I haven't been in many foreign countries, but of all, I found the whole French greeting to be so so so over the top and at times, fake. I mean, every d a m n person you meet is kiss kiss kiss, every f r e a k i n g time.
    I worked there for a bit and every day, the same had to wait in
    turn as maybe ten or fifteen droolin' French guys gave her the kiss kiss kiss.
    Like, she knew them well, and for a long time, so why the need to go thru with this ridiculous ritual every new day she sees them:rolleyes:

At least with the Irish, you can greet whatever way you like, a Hello, a nod, a wink, a handshake, a grunt, a wave etc etc. It's all flexible and not so
    ridiculously rigid.

In France, girls like that, and others, and guys, do this to folks they may not even d a m n well like

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

GaNjaHaN wrote: »
    I seen several perfectly respectable looking people in Berlin going around at 2am looking through bins for glass bottles.
    They're really big on recycling over there. (Freaks)

Perfectly respectable looking homeless or junkies... when you return glass bottles to many places you get cash back or vouchers. Hence why people badly in need of a few quid journey around searching for and collecting bottles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

GaNjaHaN wrote: »

They are worth 8c a bottle. Given that they could probably get a beer in the supermarket for 32c, they only need to collect 4 bottles to get a free beer.

Pfand system rocks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

walshb wrote: »
    I haven't been in many foreign countries, but of all, I found the whole French greeting to be so so so over the top and at times, fake. I mean, every d a m n person you meet is kiss kiss kiss, every f r e a k i n g time.
    I worked there for a bit and every day, the same had to wait in
    turn as maybe ten or fifteen droolin' French guys gave her the kiss kiss kiss.
    Like, she knew them well, and for a long time, so why the need to go thru with this ridiculous ritual every new day she sees them:rolleyes:

At least with the Irish, you can greet whatever way you like, a Hello, a nod, a wink, a handshake, a grunt, a wave etc etc. It's all flexible and not so
    ridiculously rigid.

In France, girls like that, and others, and guys, do this to folks they may not even d a m n well like

Yeah this annoys the feck out of me too! Especially when I see families doing it. My OH is french and they do the kissy thing when they wake up to greet each other. Your lucky to get a grunt or nod in my house at 8 in the morning :D I find it extremely odd when you have to do this with people you've never met before and to people that you don't like! Its so false!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

This drives me nuts!!!! When I go to France there is only 1 shop that sells cigarettes and it only opens until noon Mon - Fri! And then if I go out of the village I cannot purchase them in the shopping centre so it means going to another village again! No cigarettes but you can buy beer anywhere!

When I was in Germany; Sunday was my last day and I had planned on doing my shopping clothes and stuff and I got a pretty bad fright when I went into Munich City Centre and saw every shop closed. I did not know about Sunday closing so it was a lesson learned for me! I actually think it is a good thing but if I had known I could have done my shopping on Saturday instead. The Hotel made no mention of it in there welcome pack in the room so I was p'd off about it but still think it is a great Idea. The Germans call it "family day" I was told afterwards. The only other places open are a few Turkish kiosks and and the likes.

Fact 2, in Germany every single person obeys the Pedestrian Crossing signs even if the road is deserted and is only like 8 foot wide. They do it to set an example for the kindern (Kids) and again like Sunday closing the rule is only flaunted by the Turks and from looks I seen them getting they are pretty much loathed by your average German.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Yeah this annoys the feck out of me too! Especially when I see families doing it. My OH is french and they do the kissy thing when they wake up to greet each other. Your lucky to get a grunt or nod in my house at 8 in the morning :D I find it extremely odd when you have to do this with people you've never met before and to people that you don't like! Its so false!

In Germany its more civilised. Handshakes for everyone. Meeting colleagues in the pub after work , its a handshake. Meeting a friend on the street , its a handshake. Meeting anyone , thats a paddlin handshake.

Takes a bit of getting used to coming from socially stunted Ireland.

Advertisement