Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trip to the big smoke

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Yeah, the green light thingy, wtf is up with that?

Stealth mod mode??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

You would want to be careful going to the big Smoke O.P. for when i first went I was eighteen years old and i had a fistfull of money and a cartload of dreams,take your time said me father stop rushing like hell, And remember all's not what it seems to be. For there's fellas would cut ye for the coat on yer back Or the watch that ye got from yer mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

How can we get stealth troll mode?

Also, why do the mods need to be stealthy? It's not like we'll be on extra good behaviour, there's always a mod on After Hours. They have as much a life as the posters.

Goddamnit I want POWAR

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

You would want to be careful going to the big Smoke O.P. for when i first went I was eighteen years old and i had a fistfull of money and a cartload of dreams,take your time said me father stop rushing like hell, And remember all's not what it seems to be. For there's fellas would cut ye for the coat on yer back Or the watch that ye got from yer mother.

I don't like your tone, wolf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

jumpguy wrote: »
    How can we get stealth troll mode?

Also, why do the mods need to be stealthy? It's not like we'll be on extra good behaviour, there's always a mod on After Hours. They have as much a life as the posters.

Goddamnit I want POWAR

SS just explained it to me.
    We can do it too.
    Isnt that great.
    High Five.

Holy Jamoly, now theres a red light under my Avatar!
    No puns please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

That's how we can track you.

You can't remove it now.
    :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

mink_man wrote: »
    mini cities like cork and galway?!?!?!?!

WTF

SHUT UUUPPPPP!!!!!!!

THE WHOLE WORLD DOESNT EVOLVE AROUND DUBLIN!!!
    THE MOST NARROW MINDED PEOPLE EVER!!!!!!!!!

Cork and Galway ARE mini-cities.

Not cities at all by European standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

They are a bit like those mini pizzas you get.
    You can scoff a pile of them down but you will still be left with that unsatisfied feeling.

****e, I just made myself hungry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Rabies wrote: »
    the things that wander across my mind at 1am :/

Pr0n sites blocked eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Here in Galway we have the reverse of the phenomenon described by the OP.
    We get trainloads of Dublin HowYehs coming down for 'De Bankk Hollideh' to get smashed on Buckfast and try to score weed off the strollers on the Prom in Salthill.

Its not safe in Supermacs on Eyre Square of a Saturday night I tells ya. Its normally really quiet, with boys holding doors open for girls and complimenting their nice dresses - but as soon as the Dubs get here its all broken bottles and 'c-mere til I fight ya'.

Border controls on the Shannon - thats what we all need...

'cptr

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Dublin is always stuffed with out-of-towners.

I don't notice any particular difference on long weekends to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

Here in Galway we have the reverse of the phenomenon described by the OP.
    We get trainloads of Dublin HowYehs coming down for 'De Bankk Hollideh' to get smashed on Buckfast and try to score weed off the strollers on the Prom in Salthill.

Its not safe in Supermacs on Eyre Square of a Saturday night I tells ya. Its normally really quiet, with boys holding doors open for girls and complimenting their nice dresses - but as soon as the Dubs get here its all broken bottles and 'c-mere til I fight ya'.

Border controls on the Shannon - thats what we all need...

'cptr

When i was there on a Saturday night we brought our own weed thank you very much.

Tell ya what, ill stop going to Galway on the tear if you stop coming to dublin...at all.

I think you'd lose out more! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭3qsmavrod5twfe

muboop1 wrote: »
    When i was there on a Saturday night we brought our own weed thank you very much.

You really should be supporting local economies in these recessionary times. I source all my weed locally, from from fairtrade affiliated farms that is traceable back to the grower...

Oh wait a minute that's coffee.

Never mind

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Expresso Bongo

jumpguy wrote: »
    But Dublin only has 1/4 of the population of Ireland. How is that more than the entire country combined?

I think he's referring to Cook County, Il.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭eigrod

Horse show week and All Ireland final weekends when all the rural folk are in town are bonanza times for the Dublin based prostitutes. Allegedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Walking around Dublin city centre I hear as many foreign/country accents as local accents - same in Galway. It's a part of living in a city.
    Sure Dublin is the smallest county in Ireland so the people has to come from elsewhere to populate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

Magnus wrote: »
    Walking around Dublin city centre I hear as many foreign/country accents as local accents - same in Galway. It's a part of living in a city.
    Sure Dublin is the smallest county in Ireland so the people has to come from elsewhere to populate it.

FAIL - Louth is smallest county

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Funny thing is, if you took all the chulchies out of Dublin, the population would halve.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I find the whole 'Dubliners looking down on everyone else' thing pretty funny. I used to live in London, a city with almost double the population of this entire country. Moved over here to Dubliners calling everyone else 'Culchie', townies calling villagers 'Culchie', villagers calling farmers 'Culchie'.

Every one of you is a culchie in the grand scheme of things.

runs and hides

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Everybody is somebody else's weirdo jackeen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

grenache wrote: »
    Funny thing is, if you took all the chulchies out of Dublin, the population would halve.

and it would smell better as well

Advertisement