Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ronnie Biggs granted compasionate release

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,982 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Great Train Robber Ronnie Biggs is preparing for his formal release from prison after being granted freedom on compassionate grounds.

He should have stayed in prison because he will more than likely be hit with crippling private nursing home fees :eek:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/norfolk/8188898.stm

Train-robber robbers!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

I don't think he has actually spent that much time in jail has he?

Not considering they beat the crap out of the train driver on what was a very violent robbery.

Has to be said, the man suffered pain for the rest of his life because of it, despite that Ronnie Biggs is a sort of Robin Hood figure for some reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

I don't think he has actually spent that much time in jail has he?

Not considering they beat the crap out of the train driver on what was a very violent robbery.
    Given enough time, even violent criminals will end up being painted as loveable rogues. Look at the way Martin Cahill was depicted in The General.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    Has to be said, the man suffered pain for the rest of his life because of it, despite that Ronnie Biggs is a sort of Robin Hood figure for some reason

Yeah, I don't recall Robin Hood or his merry band battering a train driver with a metal bar.

**** Ronnie Biggs and the rest of them tbh, greedy thugs and nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    What would you give to have it turn out he was faking it and he escaped again?

Wouldn't surprise me. Didn't one of the Cray's do that? Got out because he was terminally ill and then made a full recovery?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I don't really see the problem tbph.. He had a minor role by all accounts - didn't even go near the train.
    When you look at people being given a few years for murder, it's surprising so many people feel so strongly that he should remain in prison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

brummytom wrote: »
    I don't really see the problem tbph.. He had a minor role by all accounts - didn't even go near the train.
    When you look at people being given a few years for murder, it's surprising so many people feel so strongly that he should remain in prison.
    He has no remorse for anything about the robbery so he should not be released.

Advertisement