Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIN BINS FOR WORST FAMILIES

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭googlefan

Just send RTE's warzone correspondant Charlie Bird and a camera crew into Limerick for an extended stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

procure11 wrote: »
    After all said!!...Any truth in the Quoted links??
    I never said that there wasn't any truth in the articles.
    I would however have an issue with how theses incidents are reported. They are blown up out of all proportion and the ordinary Joe/Joan Soap starts to believe that their way of life is under threat and think that more and more drastic measures such as this one are the only way forward.
    All I'm saying is that you should always question any story that you read in the papers and not take it at face value.

Some examples of the sensationalist (and in one case, completely false) reporting in two of the papers you quoted:

Facebook causes cancer.

Women who dress provocatively are "asking to be raped".

(The Telegraph article has now been pulled)

I don't think I need to link to any individual Sun articles, so I'll just provide this link.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

The Sun and The Daily Mail are rubbish newspapers. Anyone who takes them seriously is a c*nt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Recouping costs by selling the rights to Channel 4. Big Brother to take on a new "face off" format, with competing houses.

Didn't they already do that with the Goodys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

TheZohan wrote: »
    Didn't they already do that with the Goodys?
    Hell if I know, I don't watch the ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

procure11 wrote: »
    While I find the initiative a bit extreme and ludicrous.But tbh I see where they are coming from especially when they faced with challenges such as
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2233878.ece

Desperate situations need desperate measures/actions.
    Ah, I remember reading about that, the story wasn't as clear cut though, link. :o

Advertisement