Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planets in the sky

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭fifilarue

Was out on Howth Head last night and view of both Jupiter and Moon spectacular-was a little disappointed as only managed to spot a few perseids before being sent back to the car by my brother in law as things were getting a little hairy up there. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Bodan

There is an incredible view tonight at about half 3 in the morning, if they sky stays clear. Venus , Mars Jupiter and Uranus should be visable in a cloudless sky.

planetsd.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

urnaus?

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Bodan

It doesn't show it on the zoomed out map but Uranus is about half way in between the moon and Jupiter.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭kiki

Been watching Jupiter for past couple of weeks - when night is anyway clear. I can see out two browish bands runing through the "off white" Juptiter and if every now and again can glimse at least one other colour band above the two others. Jupiter rises to about 20 degrees altitude max at the moment, it would be better if it was a little higher in the sky as there is then less "air" for the light to travel through to reach the scope. I saw all four of the main moons and used Stellarium to identify which moon was which.

• Advertisement
Advertisement