Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA/Grant + Post Graduate Diploma in Education

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭DRose1

cee_jay wrote: »
    I don't have any experience in that, but perhaps you should look at the IT Skills Programme?
    If you are looking at doing IT, and that course isn't covered, this is a programme aimed at graduates from non-IT related disciplines.
    The info on this programme is here: http://www.bluebrick.ie/ICTSkills/

Thanks, I will look into that.

I will probably do some further research into getting the BTEA for the DCU IT course I linked above.

It's a long shot, but maybe if I can get speaking to the right person in the social welfare office it will give me a small chance of getting around the exact requirements from the BTEA website. (I qualify under every other heading, but as you pointed out, the course I want is not covered)

Any other advice/info from anybody else would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 scru

Hi missym / rustbucket,

I just wanted to check if you got the grant in the end? I'm in a similar position this year, but the PDE (HDip) has since been downgraded to a level 8.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 rustbucket

No. Never got it in the end. I appealed it aswell but it was rejected. They view it as progression based on the level it is awarded.

Advertisement