Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The thanks system - A critical oversight?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

No - How dare you back-slap yourself on my time.
    Raiser wrote: »
    Should you not be allowed the facility to thank your own posts?

Sometimes I read stuff on here and am struck by its thoughtfulness, insight and raw intellect - then I suddenly realise I've written it....

Isn't it an irony then that every other poster but me has a little Thanks icon to avail of and I have none?

- Its kind of like if John Lennon went into HMV, saw all his CDs on the shelves but wasn't able to remark generally - "Aw yeah man, that's some good shít right there"

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I agree. Sometimes my posts are the best ones in the thread, but may go unnoticed. At least if I get to thank them it will start the ball rolling to garner the more thankses I deserve.

WindSock wrote: »
    I agree. Sometimes my posts are the best ones in the thread, but may go unnoticed. At least if I get to thank them it will start the ball rolling to garner the more thankses I deserve.

+2

Exactly - sometimes it shouldn't be left up to the clickeratti rabble out there to decide when to thanks you all the fcuking thankses you actually deserve.

- If we were to go ahead and have a child what a marvellous like Thankswhore you could birth me Windsock.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Possibly - If drunk any can't remember writing it.

And Im not wasting any more of my A material in feedback with its new no thankin' system.
    That forum is dead to me now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I agve you a Yes because I care.

• Advertisement

Please thank this post.

I want to set a boards.ie record.

Begging for thanks is the mangiest way of thankswhoring. Thankscrackwhoring tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I like being thanked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Begging for thanks is the mangiest way of thankswhoring. Thankscrackwhoring tbh.

Speaking of which, thanks for crack-whoring WindSock. I'll PM you the crack later.

What about me? You didn't thank me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

If I had my way I'd move all thanks related threads to tCN.

oh wait, it is in my power

Muwahahahah

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

What about me? You didn't thank me :(

There we go.

There we go.

/sigh of relief as I recieve my thanksfix.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Anyone that wants to be able to thank their own posts should be slapped!

Seemingly the commonly used colloquialism "Thanks Goodness" was invented by a Boardsie who was trying to convey the warm and fuzzy feeling of basking in the gratitude of several other anonymous, maladjusted social misfits from the Intarweb.

- They likened it to the pleasant feeling you might get upon discovering that your Aunt is a habitual Dogger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Pace2008 wrote: »
    The thanks systmen shouldn't exist in AH at all. It causes every thread to end up the same every time.

How to get mad thankz in AH:

-Make sure you get the first reply - this is critical as most people here will not read beyond the first few posts. Double points if your comment is witty and off-topic. Triple points if it's a pun.
    -Make a misogynistic comment.
    -Call someone a 'bleeding heart do-gooder' if they're opposed to violent punishment
    -Condemn the goverment. Double points if you can reference Brian Cowen. Triple points for Mary Harney
    -Be a mod - this will triple your points every time.

Feel free to add.

It's like a ****ing bug that keeps getting exploited.

Your such a bloody do gooder.
    Fianna Fail Suck.
    Brian Cowen and Mary Harney are total ****wits. Especially Mary Harney because she's a woman.
    Can somebody make me a Mod temporarily.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Can somebody make me a Mod temporarily.

Simple answer Mr.Bumbum, NO! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭BlackandGold

Raiser wrote: »
    Should you not be allowed the facility to thank your own posts?

Sometimes I read stuff on here and am struck by its thoughtfulness, insight and raw intellect - then I suddenly realise I've written it....

Isn't it an irony then that every other poster but me has a little Thanks icon to avail of and I have none?

- Its kind of like if John Lennon went into HMV, saw all his CDs on the shelves but wasn't able to remark generally - "Aw yeah man, that's some good shít right there"
    Self praise is no praise as they say..............Why would you want to thank yourself? If it's so damn good, somebody else will thank you!

Jeez, does the little thanks mean that much to you????!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭BlackandGold

The thanks systmen shouldn't exist in AH at all. It causes every thread to end up the same every time.

-Make sure you get the first reply - this is critical as most people here will not read beyond the first few posts. Double points if your comment is witty and off-topic. Triple points if it's a pun.
    -Call someone a 'bleeding heart do-gooder' if they're opposed to violent punishment
    -Condemn the goverment. Double points if you can reference Brian Cowen. Triple points for Mary Harney

Feel free to add.

It's like a ****ing bug that keeps getting exploited.
    Adds:

*"Yore Ma" jokes........................ sickens my sh*t!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭asdasd

Mary Harney is like your Ma.

+1 to me.

You can thank yourself on the Guardian comment section ( they call it recommend, snigger) and I have been known to recommend myself, if I am honest. To get the ball rolling.

However, even though I know this, there are posts of mine where I have zero recommendations, even I could not be assed to recommend myself after reading my sometimes boringly tedious liberal baiting tripe. Well all that is ok, if well written.

I am hard on me. None better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

Galvasean wrote: »
    There should be an anti-thanks button for OPs like this.

Exactly, I'd like to be able to downvote people, if they get a certain number of anti-thanks their post is deleted. Mob rule ftw!

Exactly, I'd like to be able to downvote people, if they get a certain number of anti-thanks their post is deleted. Mob rule ftw!

would not work in political threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

What is the point in thanking our own post, just making alone should be enough for the ego.Seeing it in print like, :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

-Have a miserable whinge about AH, as if it was the only forum on boards and people were forced to post here

Advertisement