Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thomas Cook Industrial Dispute

Options
13»

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

sovtek wrote: »
    Thank you - although a more neutral source would have been nice.
    I have yet to see even TC make the claim that they weren't profitable in Ireland. What they stated was that they were closing down the Ireland offices because they wanted to move all business in Ireland to a call centre.
    Which, presumably, would increase their profits, which is the purpose for which a company exists.

By the way, were you planning to withdraw your accusation of corruption against a member of the judiciary?

It's the throw enough mud school of debating.

Slip in some outrageous claim. By the time challenge is made, hope things have moved on, and tip toe away from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

Wheely wrote: »
    Scandalising the court it's called. Learn a bit about the law. Maybe then you won't wonder how you can be in breach of it when you are.

Now I'm no solicitor, of course, but I seriously doubt anyone is going to be coming to lock me or anyone from boards up about my statement. From what I can tell what you are refering to applies to journalist...not a private citizen giving their opinion.

Now I'm no solicitor, of course, but I seriously doubt anyone is going to be coming to lock me or anyone from boards up about my statement. From what I can tell what you are refering to applies to journalist...not a private citizen giving their opinion.
    I'll take that as a refusal to withdraw the allegation. You're banned from this forum until you do so.

Now I'm no solicitor, of course, but I seriously doubt anyone is going to be coming to lock me or anyone from boards up about my statement.

:D:D

I wish they were the rules. You can say what you like, as long as it is not likely that anyone will be locked up as a result!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Wheely

Jip wrote: »
    Ah, so you haven't seen photos of pregnant women being forcibly removed from the premises then, it's just 'reports', which I'm guessing are by people from a 100% biased view point.

Odd that there were plenty of photos and an albeit poor vid of the garda operation and yet not one of what was 'reported' of the pregnant women being forcibly removed from the premises.

It's black and white, you either saw photos or you didn't. If you did, post links, if you didn't, which is obviously the case, don't claim that there are or that it happened without proof.

Conceded. I did not. I shouldn't have said it and I'll be the first to put my hand up and say it. I read it somewhere and repeated it without checking the source.

I don't think that single misrepresentation rubbishes the substantive points I was trying to make however.

:D

Someone's getting more and more annoyed.

I don't follow this. So if it were a banker being led away from AIB hq in handcuffs, will you be leading the protest?

What is so wrong with asking for respect for the laws of property. Personally I thought TC behaved outrageously. As I said above, no Irish person should ever use them again, and we should be telling this to the world, this is how they treat their staff. I suspect action of that nature would be far more damaging to their business, but the unions and their barristers love a good stand off, a photo opportunity, and a trip to the Courts for a nonsense case - there was no way the High Court could sanction the illegal occupation of a building, comparing other cases involving other areas of law is irrelevant.

I was being sarcastic saying that I get hysterical when confronted with lawful removal of people from property.

My whole point was that next to the light touch way in which other flagrant breaches of tha law have been treated in this country, especially with respect to banking/corporate law, the way in which developers are being mollycoddled by the banks and the courts, THIS looks disgracefully hypocritical. It's a valid point. It's not irrelevant.

Surprisingly, from what you can tell, you're wrong again.

No requirement that you have to be a journalist, it's defined as "wild and baseless allegations of corruption made against the court"-so basically exactly what you did.

I said it once, I'll say it again, learn something about the law before you give us "From what I can tell what you are refering to applies to journalist...not a private citizen giving their opinion". It looks like you're just making it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Thomas Cook are a profit maximising company and can do what they like, close down whatever they want and are not and shouldn't be answerable to anyone, especially not some trade union leeches. The sense of entitlement of Irish workers sickens me sometimes.

I saw photos of the Thomas Cook employees and know exactly the type they are, lazy, gossipping women who are probably delighted to be on the dole now but just want to extract the best 'package' they can get before they go.

I saw photos of the Thomas Cook employees and know exactly the type they are, lazy, gossipping women who are probably delighted to be on the dole now but just want to extract the best 'package' they can get before they go.
    You can tell that from a photo? Wow.

• Advertisement

God you must have a keen eye and an ability to read people that's second to none.:rolleyes:

ALso "package"? What cos it's not a package? What is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Just giving my opinion, I know the type only far too well.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

oscarBravo wrote: »
    You can tell that from a photo? Wow.

I tell you, I just needed to glance at their pictures to be able to tell you that they were trouble! You'd have to keep an eye on them now or they'd lead you down the garden path, if you know what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭jonsnow

just want to extract the best 'package' they can get before they go.

Doesn,t everybody!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Has Georgiecasey sent a CV to NAMA? ..with those picture reading skills I reckon he`s a shoo-in for the CX post !!!!

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Thomas Cook are a profit maximising company and can do what they like, close down whatever they want and are not and shouldn't be answerable to anyone,

Jaysus, sure why should people with vast wealth be answerable to anyone? That'd be a MAD idea.....

Thomas Cook are known as an extremely target driven company within the travel trade, known for the high standards they expect from staff. If you last there , its acknowledged you're damn good at what you're doing, and able to take pressure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

:confused:

Last I heard a private company is ok to do what it likes within the law.:rolleyes:

Advertisement